U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,606,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaisj View Post
Thank you for all of your answers. I first came across this at Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible - Times Online

I have been praying a lot for answers on this subject and asking God to show me the truth. I have not been sleeping well the last few days because I have been having dreams that are only of my bible. Funny, he keeps showing me the bible that I have had for about 14 years that my grandmother found at a garage sale. It has been so special that she thought of me when she came across it. It is engraved with someone else name and is highlighted all through out it. She has 27 grandchildren and for some reason this one is for me. I believe that God is telling me that my answer is there. Here is what I found in scripture that is helping me have faith in Him and all that he has done.
Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God has done from beginning to end.

And already highlighted in my beautifully used bible, is
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Again, thank you and bless you all for your help. I will trust that God will show me the truth.
Bless you, yes, trust God my friend to show you the truth. There's not one of us here who can really do that for you. TRUST GOD!! For He Himself is Truth. Find a "quiet place", away from the noise of life and talk with Him, share with Him your cares & concerns, then listen, you'll hear Him speak to your heart. I know you will.

Your sister in Christ Jesus, Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 AM

17,966 posts, read 13,029,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
By the way, the earth was not created in 7 days. The earth was restored in 6 days and on the 7th God stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Restored from what?
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Then the earth became chaos and vacant.

The rest of Genesis 1:3 to 1:19 is the account of God restoring the earth again and making it habitable for animal and human life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity