U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,489,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
Following Yeshua and turning away from evil and sin... definately not a waste

But pointing fingers and constantly "debating" about god instead of Living like how he wants us.. (thus producing fruits)... Waste of time.

I can just picture if everyone on this Christian forum was in an actual room.. HOW loud and noisy and unpleasant it would be.. for everyone will be Arguing over who is right and wrong, who is lost and found.. getting angry if someone has a different view.. each sect/religion/denomination would try to overpower the next.. try to lead them down the same path of destruction that they are on.. instead of ALL of us together Looking to the lord and following HIM and not trying to make people follow them. Egos upon egos.
Well, you don't know us from a hole in the ground, really, and you can't see how this is affecting our "real" lives, now can you?

Some of us are actually producing some fruit, I would like to think. It is not about the ego for me. I have learned much from these forums, and I am always excited about passing something on that I have learned. I don't think too many of the UR posts are angry, although I know some of us are carrying quite a lot of baggage, and it comes out every so often in these threads. I have seen quite a few bursts of anger from the ET camp, probably because they have such a GREAT burden they are holding onto, and they most likely feel that every time one of us UR "heathen" speak we are sending individuals into the eternal fires of hell, so.....

UR is not quite so intense, for the most part. We believe the Creator WILL get what he wants in the end and he WILL reconcile things in heaven, on the earth, under the earth, and so on. No problem. I talk about Christ more now than I ever did before in my entire life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times
Quote:
I still dont get why "call yourself christians" always have to Prove somtheing to someone. always pointing fingers.. wow
always have to challenge..geeez...

u guys waste a crap load of your life doing this huh!
Hi selinabetrue.

Not quite sure what you are saying in reference to my post to be honest .

Is there something wrong in challenging what i believe is against scripture and nature and character of God

My post is a challenge to fundamental christianity to prove why God acts in the same way as the devil in regards to death and by holding men in fear by the same power the devil had over death.

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM

66 posts, read 64,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hi selinabetrue.

Not quite sure what you are saying in reference to my post to be honest .

Is there something wrong in challenging what i believe is against scripture and nature and character of God

My post is a challenge to fundamental christianity to prove why God acts in the same way as the devil in regards to death and by holding men in fear by the same power the devil had over death.

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
guess it wasn't really targeted towardss your post per say.. just all posts in general.. debating seems like such a waste.. only god can show us what we need to know.. when we ask him.
i hope you guys find wat you are looking for.
I guess im just am sad at how people who "know god" (i am not saying you don't- just a general statement) constantly are in confusion about everything to do with him,
I will continue to seek him and trust that He wil show me the way.
i dont even know wat fundamental christian or et or whatever other titles that u guys speak of are.. i just want to know god and i was looking for people who wanted the same
yah bless.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times
Quote:
guess it wasn't really targeted towardss your post per say.. just all posts in general.. debating seems like such a waste.. only god can show us what we need to know.. when we ask him.
i hope you guys find wat you are looking for.
I guess im just am sad at how people who "know god" (i am not saying you don't- just a general statement) constantly are in confusion about everything to do with him,
I will continue to seek him and trust that He wil show me the way.
i dont even know wat fundamental christian or et or whatever other titles that u guys speak of are.. i just want to know god and i was looking for people who wanted the same
yah bless.
I agree with you that much of christianity (Not the Lord ) is confusing and also contradictory.

I stand with you in believing that He will cause us to seek Him and show us the way , the more He reveals of His Son (the way) , the more wonderful He becomes to us , life can only get more wonderful when we fix our eyes on Jesus(Not a mental image of a man with a beard , but the life that is the light of all men).

Old 06-23-2010, 07:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,489,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree with you that much of christianity (Not the Lord ) is confusing and also contradictory.

I stand with you in believing that He will cause us to seek Him and show us the way , the more He reveals of His Son (the way) , the more wonderful He becomes to us , life can only get more wonderful when we fix our eyes on Jesus(Not a mental image of a man with a beard , but the life that is the light of all men).

Babylon=Confusion

Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,765,700 times
Quote:
Following Yeshua and turning away from evil and sin... definately not a waste

But pointing fingers and constantly "debating" about god instead of Living like how he wants us.. (thus producing fruits)... Waste of time.

I can just picture if everyone on this Christian forum was in an actual room.. HOW loud and noisy and unpleasant it would be.. for everyone will be Arguing over who is right and wrong, who is lost and found.. getting angry if someone has a different view.. each sect/religion/denomination would try to overpower the next.. try to lead them down the same path of destruction that they are on.. instead of ALL of us together Looking to the lord and following HIM and not trying to make people follow them. Egos upon egos.

it would be like a battle field.
blahh....what a mess. i guess it is really too simple that we so often miss it.

We are just fooolls.
the only one who know anything at all is GOD.

But i am no one.. just a passer by.. so carry on.
You are so right. Casting pearls before swine. I'm done.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:12 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,507,289 times
What the intelligence = intelligibility. A pearl is a form of intelligence for the possibilities in fate. At the same time: intelligence is the surviving for the Sermon at Will.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,285,843 times
I think the message of Christ Triumphant is a beautiful message which is necessary to share, esp. with Christians who are still under fear of condemnation and punishment. Jesus came to set us F-R-E-E folks! Hallelujah!

Of course, since the message is love, the preaching is also to be done is Love.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,758,355 times
Quote:
I still dont get why "call yourself christians" always have to Prove somtheing to someone. always pointing fingers.. wow
always have to challenge..geeez...

u guys waste a crap load of your life doing this huh!
Because we are passionate about reversing the curse and we are called to tell the world, the enemy of your soul is a defeated foe. We have good news for those in spiritual prison. Our mission is to break the chains of spiritual bondage.

And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written, "The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. - Luke 4:17-20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity