U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-31-2018, 08:51 AM
 
4,697 posts, read 1,217,814 times
Reputation: 244

Advertisements

OK so now you have a Jewish perspective to look at and pray about folks.... remember the Word Jew is not synonymous with Godly, but can also be follow by the word athiests. Because it is about their GENES and not their spirituality and
their spirituality can be void of spirituality aka Saddusee .
the POINT presented is from a very very very non-spiritual point of veiw..

and I gave you a christian one from a very very spiritual point of veiw..

the question The christian has to answer is according to the scriptures I already quoted "was Jesus ,Adam, Satan Gabriel , Enoch, MOses ( as seen at the transfiguration ) and Elijah?" were they what those Jewish "scholars" Just described"?
NO I believe Jesus proved to Be Spiritual and Heavenly and Perfected ..
the Jews then and now says Jesus was not and did not prove it.

BUT I stick with my Spiritually and genetically Perfected Men glorified to become Sons of a LIving God , the first of many ! not just because of Jesus( which he is enough proof all by his lonesome) but other men saw and witnessed Moses perfected and Elijah perfected also at transfiguration the night Jesus was betrayed.

now pray about it.

 
Old 03-31-2018, 09:21 AM
 
Location: US
27,953 posts, read 15,035,923 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tanakh in English translates bən ĕlōhm in the following ways.

Job 38:7

7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of G-d shouted for joy? Jewish Bible (JPS 1917) - Eyov Chapter 38


38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Iyov (Job): Chapter 38


7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2738.htm


7. When the morning stars sing together, and all the angels of God shout? https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16440#


7When the morning stars sang together
And all the divine beings shouted for joy? JPS Tagged Tanakh | The Tagged Tanakh Chapter View


Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of G-d came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown. Jewish Bible (JPS 1917) - Bere**** Chapter 6


The Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew text translates bən hāĕlōhm in Genesis 6:4 from the Hebrew text which the translator used as υἱοὶ τοῦ Θεοῦ which in English is 'sons of God'.

4 οἱ δὲ γίγαντες ἦσαν ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις ἐκείναις· καὶ μετ᾿ ἐκεῖνο, ὡς ἂν εἰσεπορεύοντο οἱ υἱοὶ τοῦ Θεοῦ πρὸς τὰς θυγατέρας τῶν ἀνθρώπων, καὶ ἐγεννῶσαν ἑαυτοῖς· ἐκεῖνοι ἦσαν οἱ γίγαντες οἱ ἀπ᾿ αἰῶνος, οἱ ἄνθρωποι οἱ ὀνομαστοί.

4 Now the giants were upon the earth in those days; and after that when the sons of God were wont to go in to the daughters of men, they bore [children to them, those were the giants of old, the men of renown.

https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/phys...-genesis/6.asp

The Septuagint of course is much older than the Masorectic Text which the Jews like to refer to as the Tanakh which was compiled between the 7th and 10th centuries AD.


1 Enoch states that these angels, these children of heaven descended to the summit of Mount Hermon. To descend means to go down. The summit of a mountain is its top. The angels descended to the top of Mount Hermon.

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

The Wesley Center Online: Book Of Enoch
This is Mount Hermon which according to 1 Enoch is where the group of 200 angels descended.


Mount Hermon, viewed from Mount Bental in the Golan Heights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hermon
Sure...Whatever...I guess that a Christian really does know Jewish Scripture better than the Jews...
 
Old 03-31-2018, 09:35 AM
 
21,804 posts, read 16,674,400 times
Reputation: 8649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tanakh in English translates bən ĕlōhm in the following ways.

Job 38:7

7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of G-d shouted for joy? Jewish Bible (JPS 1917) - Eyov Chapter 38


38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Iyov (Job): Chapter 38


7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2738.htm


7. When the morning stars sing together, and all the angels of God shout? https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16440#


7When the morning stars sang together
And all the divine beings shouted for joy? JPS Tagged Tanakh | The Tagged Tanakh Chapter View


Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of G-d came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown. Jewish Bible (JPS 1917) - Bere**** Chapter 6


The Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew text translates bən hāĕlōhm in Genesis 6:4 from the Hebrew text which the translator used as υἱοὶ τοῦ Θεοῦ which in English is 'sons of God'.

4 οἱ δὲ γίγαντες ἦσαν ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις ἐκείναις· καὶ μετ᾿ ἐκεῖνο, ὡς ἂν εἰσεπορεύοντο οἱ υἱοὶ τοῦ Θεοῦ πρὸς τὰς θυγατέρας τῶν ἀνθρώπων, καὶ ἐγεννῶσαν ἑαυτοῖς· ἐκεῖνοι ἦσαν οἱ γίγαντες οἱ ἀπ᾿ αἰῶνος, οἱ ἄνθρωποι οἱ ὀνομαστοί.

4 Now the giants were upon the earth in those days; and after that when the sons of God were wont to go in to the daughters of men, they bore [children to them, those were the giants of old, the men of renown.

https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/phys...-genesis/6.asp

The Septuagint of course is much older than the Masorectic Text which the Jews like to refer to as the Tanakh which was compiled between the 7th and 10th centuries AD.


1 Enoch states that these angels, these children of heaven descended to the summit of Mount Hermon. To descend means to go down. The summit of a mountain is its top. The angels descended to the top of Mount Hermon.

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

The Wesley Center Online: Book Of Enoch
This is Mount Hermon which according to 1 Enoch is where the group of 200 angels descended.


Mount Hermon, viewed from Mount Bental in the Golan Heights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sure...Whatever...I guess that a Christian really does know Jewish Scripture better than the Jews...
Who wrote 1 Enoch? Jews did.

Who translated the Septuagint from Hebrew into Greek? Jews did.

Furthermore, The Jewish Publication Society (JPS) translates Job 38:7 as 'sons of G-d.'

And being a Jew does not automatically mean that you understand the Hebrew Bible better than anyone else.

Last edited by Mike555; 03-31-2018 at 10:00 AM..
 
Old 03-31-2018, 10:34 AM
 
10,515 posts, read 2,683,290 times
Reputation: 7149
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
the subject is not the Tanakh or Jews or their interpetations .... the subject is the Book of Enoch! and Enoch said it happened.. I believe HIM. I believe Noah and Lemech and Enoch. that is who's books and records these are.. ps Guess what they were gentiles by the way.. :P
but I'll claim them all.
I love Enoch .. he is speaking my language !! :P whacky But I totally get it..... finally, someone who's mind thinks like mine, in pictures!
I must have inherited it somehow. the Word says the Sons of God.. it doesn't say fallen angels.. the sons of God is what ADAM and Jesus is called.. it must be something different than fallen angels folks!!
Biblically, 'sons of God' always refers to angels in general.

Besides that, if the Nephilim were just normal powerful, influential men, why were other such men in the bible, not referred to as Nephilim then? Herod was very powerful and influential, but Ive never heard him called a 'Nephilim', Caesar is another VERY powerful, mighty man...was he ever labeled as a 'Nephilim'?
 
Old 03-31-2018, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 936,737 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Biblically, 'sons of God' always refers to angels in general.

Besides that, if the Nephilim were just normal powerful, influential men, why were other such men in the bible, not referred to as Nephilim then? Herod was very powerful and influential, but Ive never heard him called a 'Nephilim', Caesar is another VERY powerful, mighty man...was he ever labeled as a 'Nephilim'?
Does this mean you consider Jesus to be an angel?
 
Old 04-01-2018, 12:53 AM
 
Location: US
27,953 posts, read 15,035,923 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Who wrote 1 Enoch? Jews did.

Who translated the Septuagint from Hebrew into Greek? Jews did.

Furthermore, The Jewish Publication Society (JPS) translates Job 38:7 as 'sons of G-d.'

And being a Jew does not automatically mean that you understand the Hebrew Bible better than anyone else.
Jews did not translated the Septuagint, they translated the Torah into Greek...And yes it does mean that...

Iyov - Job - Chapter 38

7 When the morning stars sing together, and all the angels of God shout?
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:23 AM
 
21,804 posts, read 16,674,400 times
Reputation: 8649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jews did not translated the Septuagint, they translated the Torah into Greek...And yes it does mean that...

Iyov - Job - Chapter 38

7 When the morning stars sing together, and all the angels of God shout?
The Septuagint is a Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible. The translation was done by Jewish scholars. Is that sentence structure easier for you to understand?

And no, being a Jew does not mean that you automatically have a better understanding of the Hebrew Bible. Anyone who takes the time and makes the effort can understand it.

And true to form you simply ignore the fact that the Jewish translators translated bən hā’ĕlōhm in Genesis 6:4 into Greek as υἱοὶ τοῦ Θεοῦ which is 'sons of God' as was already shown in post #60. You further ignore the English translations of the Tanakh which also translate Job 38:7 as 'sons of God' which was also shown in post #60.

Now enough of you and your need to be contrary.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 01:14 PM
 
20,342 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Biblically, 'sons of God' always refers to angels in general.

Besides that, if the Nephilim were just normal powerful, influential men, why were other such men in the bible, not referred to as Nephilim then? Herod was very powerful and influential, but Ive never heard him called a 'Nephilim', Caesar is another VERY powerful, mighty man...was he ever labeled as a 'Nephilim'?
Were Caesar and Herod messengers or men of God?
 
Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 AM
 
1 posts, read 100 times
Reputation: 10
Its so funny when people who dont even study the Bible try to teach others. There is not one reference in the Bible that says Satan is evil. Lucifer was Gods favorite angel. The Devil is King Solomon. Try reading the Bible. The only reason the Bible says Satan in the first place is because translators made it that way. People just imagine parts of the Bible and claim they are true. There are no fallen angels. The 200 that fell redeemed themselves and went back to heaven. Nobody reads the Bible anymore. I guess thats why there are so many ridiculous religions. The book of Enoch is 5000+ years old. It belongs in the Bible more than most of the books. The churches decided what books to give us in their bibles. Dont believe any religion. Just read the original bible, which contains the books of Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees. There are also 2 other books that the Bible tells us to read. You do not need someone to interpret the Bible. Do it yourself. If you rant about nonsense like this guy, dont share with others. Maybe you need to read it a few more times. By the way, Lucifer and Jesus have the same meaning. The real interpretation of Jesus and Lucifer is Saturn(the planet). When Lucifer and Jesus came to earth, it was simply Saturn disappearing from the night sky. Learn the Bible. Then learn the history. Dont throw out irresponsible beliefs and demand they are right. This guy is way off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top