U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM

823 posts, read 1,120,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm half Jewish and I still love bacon! My father was Jewish and he LOVED bacon. Maybe he wasn't a very good Jew because of that... But he was a great father! (except when he would eat bacon in front of me when I was a vegetarian...)

I do find it interesting that the Christians on C-D don't agree on very many things. I don't think it's a good or a bad thing - just interesting. I'm not really that familiar with many aspects of Christianity and I still don't understand the differences in all the sects (please don't try to explain them to me - it makes my head hurt) - but I didn't realize there were so many huge differences in thinking within the one faith. It's really been an eye opener for me. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising - we all have our own minds, our own perceptions, our own personalities - it would make sense that we all interpret things differently. I always say that I can't believe that there are couples that don't fight with each other - even if I was married to myself, I would still fight with me! I fight with myself all the time!
My head hurts too some days. When I was in my 20's I actually dug into different religions within Christianity.....I attended different churches and learned about their beliefs. It would take a lifetime to truly understand each and every one of them but in the end I just started to pray to God to guide me to the truth. I have been praying for his Love for many years now and it has helped immensely. What I have found over the years, and you will find it here on CD as well, is that there is a great Love for our Father from souls of different belief systems. This is a wonderful common denominator that many of us share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 PM

528 posts, read 684,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastcountryboy View Post
So, I'm confused.

Looking over many christian forums and over many threads on such forums I am convinced that christianity is a very confusing religion.

Christians seem to like to debate about everything. Literal vs figurative interpretations of the bible or passages in the bible. Heaven/Hell, what they are, who goes where and why. What a christian is and how one becomes a christian. What is means to be "saved", how to become "saved" and what is someone "saved" from. etc., etc., etc.

Is there anything that all Christians can agree on? Is there any ONE thing that makes you a christian no matter whether you believe in ET, UR or something in between?

I would really like to know.
I think many just overthink. I don't know. I try not to get into religious debates because people believe what they believe. And I think sharing Christ with someone is different than telling them about Christ or trying to get them to see something they don't. And I also think that's another way we can utilize prayer. If you really disagree with someone & think your view is right, why not simply keep what you think to yourself & pray that God reveals the truth to them (unless you are a Pastor, Preacher, Teacher & the person has come to you with questions). Its funny that I was just thinking today about a time years ago BEFORE I felt this way when I was a freshman in a dance class @ Ball State University. I remember we had to compose this dance & one of the other students picked this praise song to dance to. I was shocked!! I thought & said what!! How disrespectful! That is a type of Blasphamy!! I remember her facial expressions & her saying, "no its not." Then she started to explain why, but said "whatever." and kept talking to the Instructor. She did her dance & I couldn't believe it! I had been raised in the Church of Christ & this had to be some type of deep sin. A similar thing happened on another occassion. But finally something started happening with me. I started searching, asking & seeking God differently & you know what...I left the Church of Christ. I sing, I praise, and I dance. And now although I belong to a nondenominational church I truly understand why some people don't like organized religion. I think I do anyway cause I dont' think its God they have the problem with, but the people. Some church people can be so nasty! I mean nasty!! And you know while I don't think I took my questioning the girl about her dancing to praise music to the level some people do, I certainly think I over stepped my bounds because 1. she wasn't talking to me & 2. that was her belief. So for me - for now I just say it took me some time to get to where I am and you can't rush people. And some people might think what I believe is not right - okay pray for me. And you know what - maybe this is why God tells us to be long suffering. I don't know. And I try and people are entitled to believe what they want. So for me I'll pray for them and guard my own heart against the negative, the arguing, the strife, and I've learned that some things I don't answer or respond too. Timothy & Hebrews tells us to Guard our Hearst with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life & I believe that. So I hope I didn't ramble too much & that I was some what helpful.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM

21,188 posts, read 20,997,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
In my uninformed of all things Jewish mind, I'd say if your father (abba) was great. Then he was a great Jew.

God Bless
What a sweet person you are! Thank you for your kindness!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM

528 posts, read 684,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not believe in God????
This Christian does not agree with that!!!

But I do love bacon!

I love bacon too. I'm trying to cute down

Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,211,630 times
Default Christians Agree On All The Bible Cause They Christians

It's just a matter who believe all the bible or not---John 8:32.

They have to agree with each other on all the book says 2 Peter 1:20-21.

People not agreeing with Christians in the book after 2 times not a Christian says Titus 3:10.

Either you believe John 3:5 with water baptism or your not a Christian.

Either you believe Hebrews 4 with rest on Saturday or the Sabbath or your not a Christian.

Either you believe Romans 6:1 on repentance for salvation or your not a Christian.

Either you believe all the book explaining the will of God or your not a Christian says John 8:32.

Either you believe all the book a God book or your not a Christian says
2 Timothy 3:16.

Either you believe his apostle teaching against jewelry and costly array in
1 Peter 3:3 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe his apostle teaching against women pastors and women teachers in the church in 1 Timothy 2 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe rebuke of man to man not judgmental says James 5:20 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe what the bible calls adultery in Romans 7:2-3 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe you don't need a big shot to understand God in the book enough says 1 John 2:27 or your not a Christian.

Either you know your spiritually endowed with bible revelation enough says
John 10 and 2 Cor. 4:3 or your not a Christian.

Either your a tongue talker and tongue believer believing ALL of 1 Cor. 14 or your not a Christian.

Either your a tongue talker and tongue believer believing Romans 11:29 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe a nontongue talker and tongue believer can believe ALL
of 1 Cor. 14 and Romans 11:29 or your not a Christian.

Either your a church member or nonchurch member believing 1 Thess. 5:12
and Galations 1:8-9 or your not a Christian.

Either your a witness for God believing 2 Cor. 6 or your not a Christian.

Either your a tycoon believing Luke 3:14 and 1 Timothy 6 or your not a Christian.

Either your a tithes and offering giver believing Galations 1:8-9 or your not a Christian.

Either your a nonjudgmental person believing James 5:20 or your not a Christian.

Either your an intelligent person believing Rev. 22:18-19 and Isaiah 64:6
or your not a Christian.

Either your a witty common sense person believing Matthew 5:18-20
and 1 Cor. 1:25 or your not a Christian.

Either your a generous person believing 2 Thess. 3:10 or your not a Christian.

Either your a peaceful humble person believing James 5:20 or your not a Christian.

Either your a positive person believing James 5:20 or your not a Christian.

Either your a philosophical person believing 2 Peter 1:20-21 and
Colossians 2:8 or your not a Christian.

Either your a Jesus atonement believer believing Romans 6:1 and 6:15 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe all Christians agree on all the bible cause of Amos 3:3 and John 17 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe they do cause of 2 Cor. 6 and Psalms 133:1 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe they do cause of 2 Peter 1:20-21 alone or your not a Christian.

Either you believe in a Lake of Fire and child of the devil as stated in John 8:44 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe you can get from God what some big shot has cause you believe James 1:5 or your not a Christian.

Either you believe Revelation 22:15 and Matthew 5:17 before you get obsessed with bible aid books too much or your not a Christian.

Either you believe Rev. 22:18-19 before you get obsessed with bible aid books too much or your not a Christian.

Either you believe 2 Timothy 2:15 and Titus 3:10 before you dish out a 1,000 bible questions all the time or your not a Christian.

Either we calling philosophical man a lier cause we believe John 8:44 and
Romans 3:1-4 or we're not a Christian.

Either we nonphilosophical with all the book intentionally cause we believe
1 Cor. 8:2 all the time or we're not a Christian.

Either we call the wisdom of man what it is says Isaiah 64:6 and
1 Cor. 1:25 or we're not a Christian at all.

Anybody can be a good moralist but everybody can't believe all the bible
cause they not a Christian---John 8:32.

Obviously many good moralist don't believe Romans 12:17 only Christians do.

Never a matter of what we agree on as much as who agrees with God on all the bible book cause they Christians with the Holy Spirit.

Either you believe all Christians will live out Matthew 10:22 to testify on or your not a Christian.

Anybody can be delivered from drugs and alcohol and raise a family well but do they believe BOTH Romans 6:1 and Matthew 7:21-24 too.

Anybody can be a breadwinner in the home and fill up a building for God but do they believe BOTH 2 Cor. 6 and Matthew 7:21-24.

Anybody can be a great parent and grandparent and get a pay raise at work but do they believe BOTH Matthew 7:21-24 and 1 Timothy 6.

Anybody can have a resume on giant faith in God with a testimony book but do they really believe Romans 10:17 to testify on their faith.

Last edited by tonytonytony; 06-27-2010 at 12:05 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 05:02 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Quote:
Is there anything all Christians can agree on?
Not really.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,837,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Not really.

I disagree.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:14 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I disagree.
Haha! Good one!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:20 PM

157 posts, read 368,542 times
Praying for you.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,837,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Haha! Good one!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or