U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Reputation: 5149

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Ranting? I hardly think so.

Yeah, I would guess it's just curiosity, unless they've been around a lot of chaos in their life. Then, they may just be giving into the mess. That's what I did.
And who would think that one can find emotional support from cyberspace kindred spirits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,491,420 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
And who would think that one can find emotional support from cyberspace kindred spirits!
Yes, and I suppose the worst thing that could happen in cyberspace between friends is high blood pressure.



Hopefully, things go more like this:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
yes, and i suppose the worst thing that could happen in cyberspace between friends is high blood pressure.



Hopefully, things go more like this:
:d:d:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
 
7,812 posts, read 10,705,061 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We are thinking of you. I hope you are taking time to relax.
Many thanks....It's stressful, but June is trying to "take time to relax" when possible...


Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
And who would think that one can find emotional support from cyberspace kindred spirits!
It doesn't strike June as all that odd that we could find emotional support from cyberspace friends and kindred spirits....After all, we are all "real" to one another on some level, and more than that, we mean something/matter to one another. Hence: Cyberspace friends...."Kindred Spirits."


Take gentle care, all~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,009,171 times
Reputation: 22134
Has anyone seen the Anne of Green Gables mini-series/movies with Megan Follows and Colleen Dewhurst? My mom and I absolutely love them! Kindred Spirits are big in that movie so those words always make me think of Anne Of Green Gables. If you haven't seen them - you need to! They are wonderful!!! I've made every boyfriend I've had watch them (including my husband) and although they are always annoyed at first - they all asked to see the sequel right away!!! My husband will only grudgingly admit that he enjoyed them! But really - they are wonderful and everyone should watch them. Especially when you are having a hard time - they are definite feel good movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
 
Location: In God's country
1,059 posts, read 2,418,426 times
Reputation: 608
Thanks Dewdrop, i'm going to have to check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Has anyone seen the Anne of Green Gables mini-series/movies with Megan Follows and Colleen Dewhurst? My mom and I absolutely love them! Kindred Spirits are big in that movie so those words always make me think of Anne Of Green Gables. If you haven't seen them - you need to! They are wonderful!!! I've made every boyfriend I've had watch them (including my husband) and although they are always annoyed at first - they all asked to see the sequel right away!!! My husband will only grudgingly admit that he enjoyed them! But really - they are wonderful and everyone should watch them. Especially when you are having a hard time - they are definite feel good movies.
Dewdrop...I have all of "Anne Of Green Gables and all of "Tales From Avonlea" season 1 to 8...my grandchildren grew up with it...after awhile, the characters became so real to us...we even cried when Matthew and Mariela died...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,009,171 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Dewdrop...I have all of "Anne Of Green Gables and all of "Tales From Avonlea" season 1 to 8...my grandchildren grew up with it...after awhile, the characters became so real to us...we even cried when Matthew and Mariela died...
I haven't watched "Tales from Avonlea." Should I?
I read all the books years after I saw the movies - and love both. I agree - the characters seem so real - I was in love with Gilbert for a good while! I still cry at the end of the first movie!!! Actually, I also cry at the end of the second one! Oh, they are just soooo good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
823 posts, read 1,121,598 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I threatened to send my granddaughter back to her mom and removed all her comfort privileges including cell phone and laptop. She grew up watching and loving the characters in "Tales from Avonlea" (I don't know if any of you are familiar with it) where children are basically good in an old fashion Canadian setting...maybe my ways and rules are outdated......

Ans... it sounds like you are doing a great job at laying down the law. My neighbour had this problem with her girls and she got her house alarmed and didn't give them the code
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 AM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I haven't watched "Tales from Avonlea." Should I?
I read all the books years after I saw the movies - and love both. I agree - the characters seem so real - I was in love with Gilbert for a good while! I still cry at the end of the first movie!!! Actually, I also cry at the end of the second one! Oh, they are just soooo good!
Ohhh Dewdrop, if you enjoyed Anne Of Green Gables, then you should enjoy these as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Ans... it sounds like you are doing a great job at laying down the law. My neighbor had this problem with her girls and she got her house alarmed and didn't give them the code
Thanks SisterKat, I thought my ways were obsolete...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top