Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Many thanks....It's stressful, but June is trying to "take time to relax" when possible...

It doesn't strike June as all that odd that we could find emotional support from cyberspace friends and kindred spirits....After all, we are all "real" to one another on some level, and more than that, we mean something/matter to one another. Hence: Cyberspace friends...."Kindred Spirits."

Take gentle care, all~!
What I would have liked is for us ladies to chat face to face one day and have an awesome get together roasting marshmallows and Italian sausages by the bonfire pit watching a full moon...(with Cabernet Sauvignon for just June)......or was it a dream?

Have a relaxing day my friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
What I would have liked is for us ladies to chat face to face one day and have an awesome get together roasting marshmallows and Italian sausages by the bonfire pit watching a full moon...(with Cabernet Sauvignon for just June)......or was it a dream?

Have a relaxing day my friend!
I have an idea..... you could all visit me up at the lake, we can drink wine and then dance on the dock under a full moon

I am also still so extremely busy... Spring and Fall are my busy times. I have not had a chance to read the forums but I want to say that you all were the best helping me through the Oakley ordeal. You really were there for me and I so appreciated it. Forum Friends.... :0

Old 10-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I have an idea..... you could all visit me up at the lake, we can drink wine and then dance on the dock under a full moon

I am also still so extremely busy... Spring and Fall are my busy times. I have not had a chance to read the forums but I want to say that you all were the best helping me through the Oakley ordeal. You really were there for me and I so appreciated it. Forum Friends.... :0
Awww! That would be wonderful (if you're really up to it...)

Old 10-21-2010, 11:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
A friendship thread bonfire by the lake sounds good to me!!!

SisterKat - I'm glad that Oakley is feeling better! Sometimes it's hard being a doggy mommy - we just love them so much! My little Cookie is doing fine now, too. Her stitches are out, they said that the moles were not cancerous, and despite a bout of the runs that kept me up all night last night - she is back to her old (or young) self. She's playing with her treat ball right now - running all over the place!

I just got back from the most amazing benefit! The hubby does sound and last year and this year he ran the sound for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camp benefit. If you haven't heard of it, the Hole in the Wall Camps are camps for children who are sick or disabled. They have a full medical staff at the camps so even fairly ill children can go. And it's free for the children. It's really an amazing thing they have going - and the benefits are so moving. They have some of the children performing and speaking - as well as celebrities. One of the girls sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she brought the house down! They gave her a standing ovation! One of the other girls, who was almost 8 years old, talked about how she has leukemia and what she has been through with chemo and everything. It was really heartbreaking! The celebrity speakers were Meryl Streep and Renee Zellweger, and some of the performers were John Mellencamp, Bill Cosby, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Bette Midler, and Stevie Wonder. Let me tell you - Stevie Wonder can SING! He was amazing!!!
Sorry I'm rambling on about this - but it just touches me so much to see these celebrities come out in support of the children. The night really was about the children - and you could see how important it was to all the people there. And to see how much the kids loved being up on that stage and performing was so inspiring. And most of them were not performers - so it wasn't like seeing a kids performing troupe. It was just kids enjoying themselves and not caring about anything but having fun. And to think that they all are suffering or have suffered from illnesses - it breaks my heart.
Anyway, it is a truly special night and I'm so glad that the hubby gets to run sound for them and that I get to come and see the show!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

SisterKat - I'm glad that Oakley is feeling better! Sometimes it's hard being a doggy mommy - we just love them so much! My little Cookie is doing fine now, too. Her stitches are out, they said that the moles were not cancerous, and despite a bout of the runs that kept me up all night last night - she is back to her old (or young) self. She's playing with her treat ball right now - running all over the place!

I just got back from the most amazing benefit! The hubby does sound and last year and this year he ran the sound for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camp benefit. If you haven't heard of it, the Hole in the Wall Camps are camps for children who are sick or disabled. They have a full medical staff at the camps so even fairly ill children can go. And it's free for the children. It's really an amazing thing they have going - and the benefits are so moving. They have some of the children performing and speaking - as well as celebrities. One of the girls sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she brought the house down! They gave her a standing ovation! One of the other girls, who was almost 8 years old, talked about how she has leukemia and what she has been through with chemo and everything. It was really heartbreaking! The celebrity speakers were Meryl Streep and Renee Zellweger, and some of the performers were John Mellencamp, Bill Cosby, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Bette Midler, and Stevie Wonder. Let me tell you - Stevie Wonder can SING! He was amazing!!!
Sorry I'm rambling on about this - but it just touches me so much to see these celebrities come out in support of the children. The night really was about the children - and you could see how important it was to all the people there. And to see how much the kids loved being up on that stage and performing was so inspiring. And most of them were not performers - so it wasn't like seeing a kids performing troupe. It was just kids enjoying themselves and not caring about anything but having fun. And to think that they all are suffering or have suffered from illnesses - it breaks my heart.
Anyway, it is a truly special night and I'm so glad that the hubby gets to run sound for them and that I get to come and see the show!
I'm so happy these camps exist, and I'm so glad you got to see compassion in action. I worked briefly at a children's hospital, and those kids were the most humble and wise creatures I had ever seen (some were still a handful, but who could blame them?!). I just couldn't take seeing them suffer. I kinda went crazy after seeing too many horrible things.

I'm so glad there are stronger people out there who care for these kids.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Wow!!! I have a soft spot when it comes to children, let alone the ones who are suffering from debilitating sickness. This is when I really ponder why things are the way they are...seemingly unfair at times.
I'm so glad to know there are those who really take time to address it or to alleviate the sufferings...

Thanks for sharing Dewdrop...

Old 10-23-2010, 11:17 PM

We finally got our china cabinet today - and I spent all afternoon washing all of our china that had been boxed up for the last 5 years!!! We lived in a studio apartment in NYC when we got married - and we were actually both on tour that year so we weren't even there. So we had all of our wedding presents sent to my mom's house in California. Well, we didn't buy our house until 6 months ago so we never had room for all of our wedding presents! My mom sent us all of the presents over the last couple months - and it was like getting them all over again! We didn't remember what we had gotten! We didn't even know what our china really looked like! So now it is all unboxed, clean, and in our china cabinet! It doesn't take much to excite me!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
We finally got our china cabinet today - and I spent all afternoon washing all of our china that had been boxed up for the last 5 years!!! We lived in a studio apartment in NYC when we got married - and we were actually both on tour that year so we weren't even there. So we had all of our wedding presents sent to my mom's house in California. Well, we didn't buy our house until 6 months ago so we never had room for all of our wedding presents! My mom sent us all of the presents over the last couple months - and it was like getting them all over again! We didn't remember what we had gotten! We didn't even know what our china really looked like! So now it is all unboxed, clean, and in our china cabinet! It doesn't take much to excite me!
LOL! It would excite me too Dewdrop....I have some beautiful china in storage and no place to put it. Makes me just a tad jealous that you have a china cabinet!! My Mom thinks I should sell it but I know that someday I'll be using that china, somewhere, somehow. It's the china I got from my first marriage back in 1986 and it's just gorgeous!! It's out of circulation now I think but there's always Replacements Ltd.com to get extra pieces! I just can't part with it.....I really wish I had an attic for all the things I can't part with! Enjoy your "New" old wedding gifts! What fun!

Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
You're on your way to heirloom tradition...all you need now are children () to pass on those beautiful worldly treasure as your legacy...

Old 10-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You're on your way to heirloom tradition...all you need now are children () to pass on those beautiful worldly treasure as your legacy...
We're working on it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity