U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM

823 posts, read 1,122,246 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone and newcomers to this thread So glad that I am back and the topic is weight loss. I just weighed myself for the first time in 2 years and have gained 8 lbs. I am barely in a size 7 anymore and want to nip it in the butt. So after Christmas I will make excerise of 3 to 4 times per week tops on my priority list. I am in my late 40's and for the first time in my life really struggling with my weight.

PS: I have had an exhausting month. Travel with business and then travel across the Country to Eastern Canada to visit my youngest son who is on tour with his band. I came home to piles of work for my business. I manage two associations and they both had their Christmas events last Thursday - all on the same day and I am the organizer. Whew... so glad now that the bulk of my work is behind me until the New Year and now I can start focusing on Christmas and spending more time on the forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Whew... so glad now that the bulk of my work is behind me until the New Year and now I can start focusing on Christmas and spending more time on the forums
Good for you SisterKat...don't worry about gaining a few pounds, you're too busy and active for it to be a threat.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Quote:
Hello everyone and newcomers to this thread So glad that I am back and the topic is weight loss. I just weighed myself for the first time in 2 years and have gained 8 lbs. I am barely in a size 7 anymore and want to nip it in the butt. So after Christmas I will make excerise of 3 to 4 times per week tops on my priority list. I am in my late 40's and for the first time in my life really struggling with my weight.

PS: I have had an exhausting month. Travel with business and then travel across the Country to Eastern Canada to visit my youngest son who is on tour with his band. I came home to piles of work for my business. I manage two associations and they both had their Christmas events last Thursday - all on the same day and I am the organizer. Whew... so glad now that the bulk of my work is behind me until the New Year and now I can start focusing on Christmas and spending more time on the forums
SisterKat-

June can relate. She hit her 40's and suddenly ten pounds appeared seemingly out of nowhere! June's advice: WALK! When June began walking a few miles each day, she lost inches (as opposed to actual weight) and her clothes fit like a glove! You can get that size 7 back in no time, and walking a mile or two every day will not only make you lose inches, but you'll feel better, as well. It's a natural cure for stress, anxiety, and depression. June never felt better than when she was walking 2 to 3 miles every day!

Glad to hear your time has freed itself up after all the travelling! Makes it that much easier to enjoy the holidays knowing that it's all behind you!

Will your musician son be home for Christmas?

Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 PM

June.... yes the weight just came and landed on me out of nowhere - I didn't even see it coming and the funny thing is you kind of see it when you look in the mirror but I have tended to play it down in my mind. Walking is what I plan on doing. Oakley and I have made a pact that we both could afford to lose a pound or two... we will do this together me and my fur boy I like the idea of getting my sneakers on whenever my schedule allows and not having to go to the gym. Although I am also thinking of starting a yoga evening class once a week and then doing some weights at home. My doc said as I am small boned and osteo runs in my family that it is important for me to do some weights as well.

I had a wonderful visit with my son who YES will be home for Christmas. He comes home on the 19th and flying out again on January 23rd. His band has been asked to tour Western Canada now from February - May so he will have seen the entire Country in a year. He was actually in Detroit, Michigan last week for a show and he said the girls in the US really liked their music.

I think he has grown up some these past 4 months without his Momma by his side. It has been a good thing for both of us.... makes us appreciate just how much we love one another I actually feel pretty blessed right about now. Life is good!

Talk to all of you soon!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Life is good!
Yes!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM

So this is my bad habit.

I eat very well throughout the day. I focus on healthy foods and then after dinner and into the evening when everyone is gone to bed and I am perusing these forums, I always sneek the chips or the peanuts out of the pantry. That is my addiction and the reason those 8 lbs have found me. Now that I have confessed and told all of you I feel this tremendous relief that it is now out in the open. I am a late night junk food addict, yup.

January 1st its gonna stop. There is no ifs ands buts or whats~ I have 10 lbs to lose before July.

Whew... I just needed to share that.

Thanks everyone.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
So this is my bad habit.

I eat very well throughout the day. I focus on healthy foods and then after dinner and into the evening when everyone is gone to bed and I am perusing these forums, I always sneek the chips or the peanuts out of the pantry. That is my addiction and the reason those 8 lbs have found me. Now that I have confessed and told all of you I feel this tremendous relief that it is now out in the open. I am a late night junk food addict, yup.

January 1st its gonna stop. There is no ifs ands buts or whats~ I have 10 lbs to lose before July.

Thanks everyone.
Kat,

What about trying popcorn instead of chips and nuts? Far less fat content and calories, but might fulfill the need/want for a snack while perusing the forums...

Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,025,220 times
I'm trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time. My husband is laughing at me. Oh well. I can't stop the crazy in my brain!

Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time. My husband is laughing at me. Oh well. I can't stop the crazy in my brain!
Thanks June... I love popcorn but I love it with butter Maybe I shall look into some low fat seasonings....

Dewdrop... have you been trying to get pregnant for a long time and having difficulty? If so, maybe you are not eating enough?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
SisterKat-

June never felt better than when she was walking 2 to 3 miles every day!
"Was?' Don't tell me you've quit...never thought of June being a quitter.

Quote:
So this is my bad habit.

Thanks everyone.
Baby carrot sticks also good...keeps the mouth busy without weight rebellion...

P.S. How's Oakley boy?...Spitz wants to say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Can't have both Dewdrop...make a choice, baby or sexy?-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or