U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,713,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Hi June,
You know it is hot when it is hot as hell in Boston... more proof that hell is right here in this world!

Heartsong, cool as a cucumber down here in heavenly Florida

Heartsong- June LOVED the above comment about hell on earth when it's hot in Boston! Ain't that the truth!

June hopes you have a wonderful trip and that you don't forget us! The heatwave is due to break soon, so no worries about driving northward!

Stay cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:30 AM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Just a note to say our family is traveling by van from Florida to Delaware beginning this Saturday to see our daughter who married last year. So I'll be "away" for the week. Please feel free to remember me in your prayers. I've been slightly anxious about traveling up the east coast in the middle of this heat wave. I sure have enjoyed the fellowship around here lately and just wanted to say so before we depart. Lord willing, we should be back by the 20th of July. But I do hope to find on-line access while I'm away.

Love to all -
Heartsong
Done...and have a blessed time with your daughter

Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,036,112 times
Heartsong - Have a wonderful time! I love going on road trips - it's been so long! I much prefer it to flying! Enjoy the scenery!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,736,183 times
We were just "God hugged"

My paralyzed grandson has never been able to visit his mom since she bought a new mobile home three years ago..She could not afford to have a ramp built for his wheelchair and the doors are 4 feet from the ground..We had spent our savings on a house big enough for all of us and for handicap additions and just were literally broke..so we couldn't build it.

God sent a group of 7th and 8th graders and their adult supervisors to us from Peace Lutheran Church in Columbus Ohio yesterday..They are completing the ramp today and making the bathroom accessible for him to shower ..A fellow worker with Donna (Michaels mom) at the hospital told them her situation when they came to the hospital to visit the childrens ward..They immediately went to Donna's, measured and came back in an hour with a truck load of supplies..

Attachment 65191
Attachment 65192
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-27-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

My paralyzed grandson has never been able to visit his mom since she bought a new mobile home three years ago..She could not afford to have a ramp built for his wheelchair and the doors are 4 feet from the ground..We had spent our savings on a house big enough for all of us and for handicap additions and just were literally broke..so we couldn't build it.

God sent a group of 7th and 8th graders and their adult supervisors to us from Peace Lutheran Church in Columbus Ohio yesterday..They are completing the ramp today and making the bathroom accessible for him to shower ..A fellow worker with Donna (Michaels mom) at the hospital told them her situation when they came to the hospital to visit the childrens ward..They immediately went to Donna's, measured and came back in an hour with a truck load of supplies..

Attachment 65191
Attachment 65192
When love unites brethren...so much goodness is accomplished. I'm happy for your grandson Miss Blue...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,713,131 times
Quote:

They immediately went to Donna's, measured and came back in an hour with a truck load of supplies...
June got as far as the bolded portion of this and her eyes whelled up with tears...She is SO touched by your posting this, Ma! OMG!!!

~Isn't life remarkable every now and then!?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM

40,174 posts, read 26,797,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue

They immediately went to Donna's, measured and came back in an hour with a truck load of supplies...
June got as far as the bolded portion of this and her eyes whelled up with tears...She is SO touched by your posting this, Ma! OMG!!!

~Isn't life remarkable every now and then!?
This is how we really identify Christians. God bless all involved . . . especially your family Miss Blue. This is an inspiring witness to God's work in us.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,036,112 times
My eyes are brimming over as well, Miss Blue! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It just goes to show you how much goodness there really is in this world!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:26 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,773,110 times
That warms my heart, Miss Blue! We had a lot of people show us kindness when my son was sick, and it's just a wonderful thing to be shown real love from others.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,944 times
Quote:

Attachment 65191
Attachment 65192
Sounds like you have an awesome group of kids in that town, Miss Blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or