U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM

7,812 posts, read 10,705,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

It's nice to escape New England temporarily, to a place where it's 60 degrees!
For what it's worth, June came to Tennessee for a number of reasons, but the least of which was to have a nice little break from the snow and cold.

Can someone, therefore, explain to her why it's TWENTY SIX DEGREES down here at 9:26 at night? It's warmer back in Boston!

Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 PM

823 posts, read 1,121,598 times
It has been colder here in Vancouver this past week. But not too cold. I love it when our mountains get dusted with snow - its b e a u t i f u l!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,009,171 times
Sister Kat - what a gorgeous picture! I loved Vancouver when I was there! I actually had one of my bachelorette parties there! I was on tour with Cats and all the girls threw me a bachelorette party! We had a blast! Vancouver is a great city!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 PM

823 posts, read 1,121,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Sister Kat - what a gorgeous picture! I loved Vancouver when I was there! I actually had one of my bachelorette parties there! I was on tour with Cats and all the girls threw me a bachelorette party! We had a blast! Vancouver is a great city!
I was born and raised here &love it even when it rains I believe we have a very similar climate to you....would love to visit the East Coast one day!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM

3,540 posts, read 6,081,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
It has been colder here in Vancouver this past week. But not too cold. I love it when our mountains get dusted with snow - its b e a u t i f u l!
Beautiful!

The Canadian Rockies is on my "bucket list" of trips.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Beautiful picture Kat...I had an opportunity to go Canada once, but my work schedule was so overwhelming then that I declined my husband's request for me to join him there. I regretted that decision ever since...

Blessings...

Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,420 times
Quote:
For what it's worth, June came to Tennessee for a number of reasons, but the least of which was to have a nice little break from the snow and cold.

Can someone, therefore, explain to her why it's TWENTY SIX DEGREES down here at 9:26 at night? It's warmer back in Boston!

Oh well.

Life, eh? You can't get away from it. For what it's worth: Spring is coming. But, of course, you know that. I just always say that starting around January. I can't stand the cold and gray skies of Winter.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-03-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 PM

7,812 posts, read 10,705,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Life, eh? You can't get away from it. For what it's worth: Spring is coming. But, of course, you know that. I just always say that starting around January. I can't stand the cold and gray skies of Winter.
First off, SisterKat: The photo looks wonderful, but June's question is: Is it WARMER there???

herefornow: June hears ya about spring eventually coming, but give me a break is what June is thinking! She figured out that Boston is a "dry" type of cold, hence, it doesn't feel as penetratingly frigid and cold as it does down here in Tennessee. --But nonetheless, all her friends from up north have been emailing her saying how "envious" they are that June is in the south. Huh?

June needs to go home to the snow drifts of Boston...Give me 22 degrees of dry cold any day over Antarctica in the south!

Caveat: No offense intended, nor should any be taken by anyone from the south reading this post.

Signed,
~June in her long johns....

Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,691,779 times
This images and music are beautiful. Be sure to watch to the very end...
Wishing everyone a Happy and HEALTHY New Year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x91rBzNKvlci

Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,420 times
Quote:
First off, SisterKat: The photo looks wonderful, but June's question is: Is it WARMER there???

herefornow: June hears ya about spring eventually coming, but give me a break is what June is thinking! She figured out that Boston is a "dry" type of cold, hence, it doesn't feel as penetratingly frigid and cold as it does down here in Tennessee. --But nonetheless, all her friends from up north have been emailing her saying how "envious" they are that June is in the south. Huh?

June needs to go home to the snow drifts of Boston...Give me 22 degrees of dry cold any day over Antarctica in the south!

Caveat: No offense intended, nor should any be taken by anyone from the south reading this post.

Signed,
~June in her long johns....
I say we all move to the warm jungle. Of course, we'll probably end up just being eaten by huge bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or