U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 AM

823 posts, read 1,120,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I say we all move to the warm jungle. Of course, we'll probably end up just being eaten by huge bugs.
Its 25 here but more snow in the forecast...... I happen to love the change of seasons but I honestly do not think that I have ever felt anything colder than 5 degrees F. -15 C. I have a condition called Raynaud's sydrome where my fingertips easily turn white and go numb so I am a wussy girl in the cold.

Hmmm huge bugs - My Mom spends every January - April in Australia and last year when she was there, look what she found sitting on her shoulder when she was putting the laundry out on the line to dry. OH MY bring on the cold temps

This is a Huntsman Spider - YIKES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,489,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Its 25 here but more snow in the forecast...... I happen to love the change of seasons but I honestly do not think that I have ever felt anything colder than 5 degrees F. -15 C. I have a condition called Raynaud's sydrome where my fingertips easily turn white and go numb so I am a wussy girl in the cold.

Hmmm huge bugs - My Mom spends every January - April in Australia and last year when she was there, look what she found sitting on her shoulder when she was putting the laundry out on the line to dry. OH MY bring on the cold temps

This is a Huntsman Spider - YIKES
Well, Australia's out, for me.

My doc said I probably have Raynaud's Syndrome, too, although I wonder if it has something to do with my spine. We haven't been able to invetstigate, but my feet sometimes look they belong on a body at the morgue; completely gray/white. When I hold something cold for any more than a few seconds my fingers also turn gray, shrivel and start to burn, and I end up dropping whatever it is that I'm holding. Ach. Dang mortal bodies.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,699,583 times
In the words of one far greater than June: "There's no place like home."

Ah, Massachusetts!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,717,828 times
Quote:
Hmmm huge bugs - My Mom spends every January - April in Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Well, Australia's out, for me...... Dang mortal bodies.
Yep - go to Aussie-land and find out just how mortal they really are (see attached map)

Attached Thumbnails
Non -Debate Friendship Thread-australia-map.jpg  

Old 01-06-2011, 04:45 AM

32,221 posts, read 21,091,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
In the words of one far greater than June: "There's no place like home."

Ah, Massachusetts!
There's one thing from the bible belt i wish i could have brought up here with me, the weather, i'd forgot how cold New England could be. brrrrrrrr.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM

823 posts, read 1,120,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yep - go to Aussie-land and find out just how mortal they really are (see attached map)

Wasn't it Dorothy that said: Lions & Tigers & Bears "Oh My" but Australia has Baby Killer Dingos, Maneating Koalas & Sharks with Lasers "OH MY"

Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
Quote:
Wasn't it Dorothy that said: Lions & Tigers & Bears "Oh My" but Australia has Baby Killer Dingos, Maneating Koalas & Sharks with Lasers "OH MY"
Speaking of dingos...I watched "Silent Scream" about a mother being charged of killing her own baby while camping, as it turned out...it was dingo dog who was responsible...

Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,678,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Speaking of dingos...I watched "Silent Scream" about a mother being charged of killing her own baby while camping, as it turned out...it was dingo dog who was responsible...
Is that where Seinfeld got---"The dingo ate my baby"? I thought it was from a movie or book. ?????

Old 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,678,277 times
That spider gives me willies. I was bitten by a brown recluse and I live in KS. They aren't big but they are deadly. Luckily it was on a knuckle and it wasn't far to the bone. If it is in a fleshy part the poison spreads.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Is that where Seinfeld got---"The dingo ate my baby"? I thought it was from a movie or book. ?????
The movie was based on a true story. The mother was portrayed by Merryl Streep (spelling?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or