U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,586,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ans: We've gotten the driveway all shovelled out, and the cars are clear of snow, so June is back to normal and hasn't lost her mind (yet!)

Thank goodness!

Now...you don't have to move to the antartic condo...too dreary even amid the scientific "HUNKS"...

I'll keep the Bushman's chilled for you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,078,079 times
I'm still digging over here. Our driveway is really, really long and steep. I basically just got it started. The hubby will finish it up tomorrow. We parked down on the other street though - and dug him out this morning so he could get to work. No more snow!!!

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 01-12-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 PM

7,817 posts, read 10,725,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Thank goodness!

Now...you don't have to move to the antartic condo...too dreary even amid the scientific "HUNKS"...
--But some of those hunks are really, really smart, and CUTE!

Maybe an Antarctic condo would still be a good option as a hot and humid summer "get away" place, ya know? P.S. Do you think they sell that wine that you mentioned down there, otherwise you might have to air-drop it down to June!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:33 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,586,479 times
Quote:
--But some of those hunks are really, really smart, and CUTE!

Not so! according to hubby, he navigated them through there... ("waste of gov. funds," he says!)

Don't quote me on this...what do I know!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

so he could get to work.
Your husband went into WORK this morning? Now that's one dedicated (and brave!) man! The roads up here were unpassable this morning...I don't think they even plowed mine till somewhere around noon! Nothing was moving in Massachusetts...

P.S. Am guessing that Cookie doesn't like the cold/snow any more than Misha does???

Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Your husband went into WORK this morning? Now that's one dedicated (and brave!) man! The roads up here were unpassable this morning...I don't think they even plowed mine till somewhere around noon! Nothing was moving in Massachusetts...

P.S. Am guessing that Cookie doesn't like the cold/snow any more than Misha does???
It's funny - the hubby's train was scheduled to leave at 10:28am - at 8:30am he looked out the window and said that he thought he wasn't going to be able to get out because the streets weren't plowed. At 9am - I got up and he asked me if the streets were plowed yet. I looked out the window - and a second later - here comes the plow down the street! So we frantically shoveled all the steps down to the street and then the area around the car. It took almost an hour - he didn't even have time to shower! But he made it! If he doesn't show up - and he doesn't get a sub - there would be a major problem on Broadway!!!

Oh - and Cookie LOVES the snow. She HATES the rain but LOVES the snow! We have to constantly keep an eye on her so that she doesn't run around in the unshoveled areas. However - now the snow is so high she doesn't really have a choice. It's about twice as high as she is! She just looks up at it - as if she's thinking - can I make it? Can I run in that?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,500,613 times
Quote:

Oh - and Cookie LOVES the snow. She HATES the rain but LOVES the snow! We have to constantly keep an eye on her so that she doesn't run around in the unshoveled areas. However - now the snow is so high she doesn't really have a choice. It's about twice as high as she is! She just looks up at it - as if she's thinking - can I make it? Can I run in that?
Oh! That's so cute. I didn't grow up with pets, but now I have 3. I love them to death. They are so innocent, loving and full of life.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Cookie LOVES the snow. She HATES the rain but LOVES the snow! We have to constantly keep an eye on her so that she doesn't run around in the unshoveled areas. However - now the snow is so high she doesn't really have a choice. It's about twice as high as she is! She just looks up at it - as if she's thinking - can I make it? Can I run in that?
June's not sure whether Misha's dislike of the snow is actually the snow, or the intense cold. He'll just find a "spot" in which to relieve himself, and immediately head back to the house! My sense, however, is that he just doesn't know what to make of all this snow that's so much higher than he is, as he's only five pounds, and is no doubt afraid he'll get lost in it! We actually have to shovel a little "Misha doggie path" so that he can go to his "relief spot."

--Is June the only one who is thrilled senseless to see the SUN out? What a welcomed relief!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:46 PM

We shovel a little "Cookie path" and "Cookie patch" where she can do her business, too! She hates it! I think she doesn't like being told exactly where to go - she wants to be able to roam around and decide for herself. She's very funny!

The sun is nice - I hope it starts melting some of the snow! Maybe at least one foot of it...

Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM

823 posts, read 1,124,619 times
Quote:
We shovel a little "Cookie path" and "Cookie patch" where she can do her business, too! She hates it! I think she doesn't like being told exactly where to go - she wants to be able to roam around and decide for herself. She's very funny!

The sun is nice - I hope it starts melting some of the snow! Maybe at least one foot of it...
Glad to hear you are having a break from the snow! We got 6 inches and then it turned to rain. Now its rain, rain, rain, rain. Oh how I long for my dock, sunshine & chardonnay...how many more days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or