U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,039,843 times

Advertisements

Katzpur - Thank you so much for posting this! Maybe you reposted it? Because I replied earlier but then the post was gone so I deleted my reply!
Anyway - I felt like I was with you! Now I don't need to do it for myself! I'm too much of a scaredy cat to ever try it!
I don't have a bucket list yet... Maybe I should make one!
Congrats to you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

Katzpur's First Ever Skydive!

This video was taken on a recent vacation to Hawaii. (I apologize for the quality. The actual DVD I got was excellent quality, but the YouTube version isn't all that great. It's 7 minutes long.) I'd always wanted to go skydiving but took forever to get up the courage to actually do it. We jumped from 14,000 feet, free-fell 9,000 feet. That's 175 feet per second for 50 seconds. The chute opened at 5,000 feet. I've got to say, it was one of the highlights of my life! Plus, I crossed off the only item I had on my bucket list. (I guess that means I can check out any time. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Uh, Katz, sweetie? Something is telling June that anyone that can jump out of a plane like that (and live to tell, let alone video tape it!) ain't about to "check out" any time soon! No way, my dear, no way!

P.S. And after all that, your hair still looked fabulous! How the hell'd ya pull that one off!?

Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What!?!? Did you see my hair right after I landed? It was sticking straight up in the air!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Katzpur - Thank you so much for posting this! Maybe you reposted it? Because I replied earlier but then the post was gone so I deleted my reply!
Anyway - I felt like I was with you! Now I don't need to do it for myself! I'm too much of a scaredy cat to ever try it!
I don't have a bucket list yet... Maybe I should make one!
Congrats to you!!!
Katz...I'm envious of your feat...yet know that, never could I gather the courage to do what you just soooooo bravely did! This is how my eyes and my entire head would look like if ever (which is never) I challenged death...

Victory to our friend Katz...

How many of you here would do it...hhmmm?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,495,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Katz...I'm envious of your feat...yet know that, never could I gather the courage to do what you just soooooo bravely did! This is how my eyes and my entire head would look like if ever (which is never) I challenged death...

Victory to our friend Katz...

Not going to happen. I passed out just watching the YouTube video. That's how brave I am.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Not going to happen. I passed out just watching the YouTube video. That's how brave I am.
(belly laugh) I know exactly what you're talking about...watching it made me laugh so hard from extreme fear......it was like I was with her during the free fall. I'm strange that way...I laugh when sadness or fear strikes...???

Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,738,535 times
What a great spirit of adventure you have, Katzpur

Me,no way..I had to force my eyes to watch you fall from the sky as I held my breath and almost screamed for you I am such a chicken

My sister skydives, bungeeed once, and last year hangglided over Victoria Falls (she is 67)
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 07-15-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
What a great spirit of adventure you have, Katzpur

Me,no way..I had to force my eyes to watch you fall from the sky as I held my breath and almost screamed for you I am such a chicken

My sister skydives, bungeeed once, and last year hangglided over Victoria Falls (she is 67)
What a lady...

Old 07-15-2010, 06:34 AM

7,814 posts, read 10,714,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

Hey, June's idea of "excitement" is sitting on her couch and holding the remote control to her television in her hand and idly switching channels!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,738,535 times
Well, I do love the water and like skiing, parasailing and the boogie board
However, I will never never go whalewatching in Maui again..Was never so seasick in my life
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 07-15-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Hey, June's idea of "excitement" is sitting on her couch and holding the remote control to her television in her hand and idly switching channels!
Nowadays...my excitement comes from reading true crime stories...not the killing part, but the forensic methods in solving them...

Quote:
Well, I do love the water and like skiing, parasailing and the boogie board
However, I will never never go whalewatching in Maui again..Was never so seasick in my life
My grandkids are daredevils; from parasailing, to scuba diving...and one time while at Disneyland, they talked me into taking the "California Screaming" ride...which I naively succumbed to... without realizing that...not only does it take off like a bullet, it also takes a loop-d-loop around mickey mouse's ears......I turned white as sheet with hair sticking up like an upside down witch's broom...and screamed alright (not from thrill mind you) until I pee'd my pants...not kidding!

Yep...that was the first and the last of my daring feats!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM

21,978 posts, read 22,168,365 times
Quote:
Where does she live? We have to get together!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or