Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ha ha ha, LOL Gabfest!! You cracked me up! I think I have tried every diet out there at some point, but weight watchers is what worked for me the last time....I lost 66 lbs. I refuse to go to meetings and pay for it again so I'm right there with you with that. I weigh once a week and my diet is not a good one....I just don't eat but once a day. And it's very low in calories when I do eat. I know, I know, my body thinks I'm starving it and it's going to store fat. Whatever, the weight is coming off the way I'm doing it so I'm going to keep doing it.

I have a goal, and I'm going to meet that goal by August because I have a 30 year reunion to go to. I was walking and I'm going to start it again tomorrow but I wasn't able to walk for a couple of weeks because of the ice and snow. I have another secret that I won't share here but it helps curb my appetite. Sorry, that's one just for me!!

I'll try the deep breathing you suggested, can't hurt that's for sure! And I'll look into Adkins....but I don't think that's the diet for me. I definitely need more CO2.....I have sleep apnea and I think my brain is short circuiting from lack of oxygen!!
you are a jewel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Ilene: June has but one word for ya in the event you can't find any doggie boots: Knit. Just start knitting your brains out, and before you know it, *voila!* Little boots for the little guy, and in any color(s) that you want!
Hey you know what? I would love to learn how to knit, my grandmother used to knit some of the coolest things. It's really a lost art and I think there are places around here where you can learn how to knit....knitting classes. I need a hobby like that so I'll quit smoking!!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Hey you know what? I would love to learn how to knit, my grandmother used to knit some of the coolest things. It's really a lost art and I think there are places around here where you can learn how to knit....knitting classes. I need a hobby like that so I'll quit smoking!!
Listen, my friend, June tried quitting smoking a few months back, but then some unexpected stressors befell her life, so she's now put off quitting smoking till things settle themselves out. But the more I thought about your post about learning to knit AND use it as a way to quit smoking, it strikes her as an excellent idea....Your hands are occupied, and you're doing something that's enjoyable. Check with your local library or newspaper...I am willing to bet there are places where you could be taught to knit at no price. People are like that: If they're good at a craft like knitting, they love sharing/teaching it to others....Even a convelescent home would have patients who I bet would love to teach you how to knit, and it would help them, as well. Check it out!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Knitting is easier than you think. I knit a pair of socks once.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You're not alone Kat...it's been raining hard and frost in one place destroying crops where I'm at as well...crazy weather globally I tell ya!

btw - my granddaughter is going gaga over your handsome son......and bragged that she has an inside tip about a Canadian band her mom's (grandma) c-d friend's son has, enigmatically...much to the envy of her friends... Typical teens () I hope you don't mind.
Of course I don't mind Ans..... they had a concert on Saturday night and of course the FAM went to support them... my head is still pounding but I must admit their music is kind of catchy!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
you are a jewel.
Thanks Gabfest for the tips! Perhaps we should have a weekly testimony weigh in right here to be accountable as I too have an important date....

June 25th

I am getting married Oh MY

Hard to admit that on a Christianity forum but its a very long story and God totally understands He knows everything about why I left my first marriage marriage many years ago and waited so long to agree to a 2nd one..... its all good! YuP

Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thanks Gabfest for the tips! Perhaps we should have a weekly testimony weigh in right here to be accountable as I too have an important date....

June 25th

Hard to admit that on a Christianity forum but its a very long story and God totally understands He knows everything about why I left my first marriage marriage many years ago and waited so long to agree to a 2nd one..... its all good! YuP
WOW!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Listen, my friend, June tried quitting smoking a few months back, but then some unexpected stressors befell her life, so she's now put off quitting smoking till things settle themselves out. But the more I thought about your post about learning to knit AND use it as a way to quit smoking, it strikes her as an excellent idea....Your hands are occupied, and you're doing something that's enjoyable. Check with your local library or newspaper...I am willing to bet there are places where you could be taught to knit at no price. People are like that: If they're good at a craft like knitting, they love sharing/teaching it to others....Even a convelescent home would have patients who I bet would love to teach you how to knit, and it would help them, as well. Check it out!
Thanks June, I've always wanted to learn how to knit anyway and maybe this is the time to do it! I know there's a local place, or there used to be, where ladies would get together to knit and klatsch so it's just a matter of me getting off my duff and going!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

June 25th

Woo hoo congratulations SisterKat!! That's great!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 PM

[quote=Ilene Wright;17475824]
Quote:

Woo hoo congratulations SisterKat!! That's great!
Thanks!

So you graduated in 81 Ilene? Same here. We had a 25 year reunion and it was a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity