U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,713,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Knitting is easier than you think. I knit a pair of socks once.
FINN!

How good to see you here! June can't recall ever seeing you post here before, so a hearty welcome!

Oh, and just wanting to know: How'd those socks come out?

(For all June knows Finn may well be the largest distributor of socks within the Unitited States!) Not bad, June thinks to herself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thanks Gabfest for the tips! Perhaps we should have a weekly testimony weigh in right here to be accountable as I too have an important date....

June 25th

I am getting married Oh MY

Hard to admit that on a Christianity forum but its a very long story and God totally understands He knows everything about why I left my first marriage marriage many years ago and waited so long to agree to a 2nd one..... its all good! YuP
Oh, YOU GO GIRL!!!

P.S. June is a GREAT month to get married in! Was the 7th of June all booked up, though?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:10 AM

823 posts, read 1,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Oh, YOU GO GIRL!!!

P.S. June is a GREAT month to get married in! Was the 7th of June all booked up, though?
Ah Ah June.... what does June 7th mean to you exactly ?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 AM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,108 times
Quote:
Ah Ah June.... what does June 7th mean to you exactly ?
Yeah...this inquiring mind wants to know too...

Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 AM

4,252 posts, read 661,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
ahhhh... yeah me too..... I want to know!!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:14 AM

63,179 posts, read 34,417,667 times
Quote:
FINN!

How good to see you here! June can't recall ever seeing you post here before, so a hearty welcome!

Oh, and just wanting to know: How'd those socks come out?

(For all June knows Finn may well be the largest distributor of socks within the Unitited States!) Not bad, June thinks to herself...
They came out fine, - nice thick winter socks. I was born and raised in Scandinavia and at school in 8th and 9th grades the boys (mostly boys, but it's a choice) take handyman classes (wood working, fixing cars etc) and girls do gardening, cooking, knitting etc and for one month (or maybe two, I don't remember) the boys and girls switch places to get a taste of the 'other' skills, and that is where I knit the pair of socks. I also made a pillow, which I had for years.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,600,103 times
Quote:
Thanks Gabfest for the tips! Perhaps we should have a weekly testimony weigh in right here to be accountable as I too have an important date....

June 25th

I am getting married Oh MY

Hard to admit that on a Christianity forum but its a very long story and God totally understands He knows everything about why I left my first marriage marriage many years ago and waited so long to agree to a 2nd one..... its all good! YuP
congratulations SisterKat,
when the two become one they can accomplish anything.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,036,112 times
SisterKat - Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

For anyone wanting to knit - you can actually go to youtube and find instructional videos! I learned from the women at the yarn store a few blocks away from me when I lived in the city - but I didn't know how to finish (I was making scarves) so I went onto youtube and learned how. It will also show you how to cast on and how to do knit or perl stiches. I've only ever made scarves but I'm sure you can find instructional videos for knitting other things as well.

As for doggie boots - Cookie has little galoshes that she wears because the salt on the roads makes her little paws bleed! I buy them at the local groomers and they look like little rubber balloons but they stay on and keep her paws safe!

On a weather note - if I never see snow again, I will be so happy. I'm getting up the energy to go outside and shovel and salt again... Blah....

Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Was the 7th of June all booked up, though?
Quote:
.... what does June 7th mean to you exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
ahhhh... yeah me too..... I want to know!!
You guys crack me up!

Initially, when June signed on as a member of city-data, she wanted a screen name that was merely a date, as it didn't mean anything. Let it suffice to say, however, that of all the 365 days of the year that June could have chosen from, she picked "June 7th" as it's a very signifcant date for her, and one that she'll forever and always remember in her "just June" heart.

Besides, June's The June, so what else would have worked as well?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM

13,575 posts, read 21,736,183 times
Sister Kat. Well.. congratulations dear lady.
When I saw your post I immediately thought of an old (broadway?) song "Love's more wonderful the second time around" Dewdrop probably knows it.
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or