U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thank you so much ladies! I survived He is gone and we were both much stronger this time!

Now for the positives - more time for me.
Kat you have nothing to worry about...our children know they've been loved and will always come back to the source, God and us...trust me in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
This is the first time I see this thread, nice idea.
While picking up one of my kids from grandma’s house (hour drive one way) yesterday I took the time to enjoy the scenes and mild 60 degree temp by driving the low road with the windows down and the top open. At one point I slowed down to view a large lake and while looking at the beauty in the world I thought, "It feels good to feel good!"
The drive was even better going home as I got to spend it with my daughter.
When we take time to soak in the blessings that the Creator have provided us with...we can see and feel how loved we truly are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
It's currently a whopping 6 degrees here, with ANOTHER big snow storm due in this Wednesday....June can't take much more of this weather!
The invitation still stands...take the first flight to somewhere over the rainbow after making sure that you have the placard that says "just June" ready...I'll be looking for it in the crowd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
My mother couldn't wait to get away from me. I used to come home from school to find they'd moved house. I knew I was in trouble the day she wrapped my sandwiches in a road map.
Hmmm...I wonder why...

Have a good day everyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,698,956 times
Guess I will never learn. Do not order ethnic food at a restaurant that does not specialize in it. We tried to go to a Mexican restaurant tonight and it was closed so went to Applebees instead. I ordered fajitas anyway and it was awful. So spicy and no chips with it---they had mashed potatoes. I brought it home and will try to fix it for tonight's meal. Wash off all the spices and add my own.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,019,424 times
Guess what I did today? Probably what June did as well... Shoveled snow! Yes! Again! And guess what we are expecting tomorrow and Thursday and Friday and Saturday??? Yes!!! Snow!!! Will someone remind me why I left Southern California when I was 18... and went to Michigan... and then New York...

Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,912,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Guess what I did today? Probably what June did as well... Shoveled snow! Yes! Again! And guess what we are expecting tomorrow and Thursday and Friday and Saturday??? Yes!!! Snow!!! Will someone remind me why I left Southern California when I was 18... and went to Michigan... and then New York...
Cause you didn't know how to spell "Oklahoma"?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:10 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,019,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Cause you didn't know how to spell "Oklahoma"?
Didn't move there but I have been there many times! Had fun, too!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:24 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,707,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Guess what I did today? Probably what June did as well... Shoveled snow!
Uh, that would be correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop
And guess what we are expecting tomorrow and Thursday and Friday and Saturday??? Yes!!! Snow!!!
Yup, another "big one" in terms of snow storms. June just finished watching the local news, and wasn't sure whether to just kill herself, or bang her head against the wall! They're predicting ANOTHER foot (or more) for her area in Massachusetts!

Sometimes a June has to wonder: Just how much winter can one contend wtih? Five storms in five weeks...."Just June" just isn't sure she'll make it till spring at this rate.

P.S. She has also come to hate all things the color "white!"

Old 01-25-2011, 06:32 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times
Well I hear ya June and Dewdrop.....we rarely get snow but when we do the freezing rain seems to follow and muck up the roads around here for days on end. We just don't have the right kind of road equipment to ice/salt/scrape the roads like you do up north. It's very hazardous and I thought I was going to have a stroke and/or heart attack when I tried to drive on the icy roads. Whew I'd never been so happy to see my home!

If it's any consolation at all, I feel for your plight, don't think I could handle the kind of winter weather you guys get. Stay warm and be safe!!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:45 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,334,883 times
Well we had a heat wave today, it almost got up to 30° but it didn't snow but I understand that we're going to get some snow here in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains again come Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and it's heading your way June. So maybe you better get yourself something warm to drink and be prepared to be inside for a day or two........ hey Ilene, you be careful out there on those icy roads and especially look out what is known as "Black Ice"

Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
hey Ilene, you be careful out there on those icy roads and especially look out what is known as "Black Ice"
Thanks Ptsum, I know better than to get out on the roads now unless the ice is completely gone and you're right....black ice can be a real problem around here.

Hope you don't get snowed in but if you do make sure you're stocked up on liquor and hot chocolate!!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,334,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Thanks Ptsum, I know better than to get out on the roads now unless the ice is completely gone and you're right....black ice can be a real problem around here.

Hope you don't get snowed in but if you do make sure you're stocked up on liquor and hot chocolate!!

Hey, I've got plenty of hot chocolate, coffee, and Bailey's. I think I'm all set if I get snowed in........ got to keep those priorities straight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or