U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,011,404 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Beer in the snow I love beer on a hot winter day Tell me ladies what am I missing here?
LOL!! That's too darn funny!! Thanks for the laugh Kat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,543 times
ok all dug out.... Lost half of our crepe myrtle tree and had to cut the branches before could dig my car out. Its a heavy snow and we are lucky we didn't lose more trees. We had a shovel for each of us so 5 folks dug and it took no more then an hour.

The temp is now almost above freezing but tonight it will turn to ice. UGH....

I HATE WINTER!!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM

7,811 posts, read 10,703,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
ok all dug out....

I HATE WINTER!!
You are not alone in that one! June hasn't even been outside yet today; it's like she just can't face shovelling yet AGAIN! From the looks of it, we've got well over a foot...

I HATE SNOW! I HATE WINTER! I HATE THE COLOR WHITE!

(Okay, I feel better now that I've gotten that out of my system. Time to bundle up and "face the music' as they say...Ugh!)

Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,894,419 times
The news was reporting on all that four letter S word you guys are getting up there - record four letter S word fall for the Boston area. I think the moisture is being pulled up north, because we're really dry - too dry - down south.

My baby hibiscus is droopy.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
You are not alone in that one! June hasn't even been outside yet today; it's like she just can't face shovelling yet AGAIN! From the looks of it, we've got well over a foot...

I HATE SNOW! I HATE WINTER! I HATE THE COLOR WHITE!

(Okay, I feel better now that I've gotten that out of my system. Time to bundle up and "face the music' as they say...Ugh!)

If I lived close I would help you shovel.....

Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,003,441 times
Ugh! Can't face more shoveling. The hubby doesn't have to go into work until 4:30 or so - so we are going to the store because I have CABIN FEVER!!! He couldn't make it all the home last night - had to park in the lot at the entrance to our neighborhood and walk home. I have a feeling we are going to be spending most of the day SHOVELING! NO MORE SNOW! NO MORE! NO MORE!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
If I lived close I would help you shovel.....
Thanks, Jazzy! Actually, my neighbor who has a snow blower came by and helped out A LOT!!! The drift of snow at the end of the driveway was so bad that there was no way I could possibly had shovelled it myself...He also "snow blowed' a pathway down the driveway to the house, so all I had to do was clear off and shovel around my car. I wanted to hug the man; it was just so kind of him and I don't know what the heck I'd have done w/o his helping out!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,003,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Thanks, Jazzy! Actually, my neighbor who has a snow blower came by and helped out A LOT!!! The drift of snow at the end of the driveway was so bad that there was no way I could possibly had shovelled it myself...He also "snow blowed' a pathway down the driveway to the house, so all I had to do was clear off and shovel around my car. I wanted to hug the man; it was just so kind of him and I don't know what the heck I'd have done w/o his helping out!
Does he travel? Like say... to Katonah?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Does he travel? Like say... to Katonah?
LOL!

Seriously, you guys should look into a snow blower. I know I am, especially given the fact that it's only January, and we have two more months of potential snow! I have a girl friend that found a snow blower that even women can handle, so when I'm over at her house tonight I'm going to take a look at it and write down the brand, and then go and get one! I just can't deal with this shovelling anymore; I just cannot!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,330,531 times
Well I must say, we got more snow here in the Appalachian Mountains also but not as bad as y'all on the East Coast did, we have a layer of ice on top of the snow because ours turned to sleet late last night so going downhill is really easy, it's coming back up that could be a chore even for a four-wheel drive vehicle and temperatures are in the upper 20s right now but that Alberta Clipper coming in here is going to cause temperatures to drop drastically below zero. You know when I was living in the metropolitan Washington DC area there were numerous times that we had thunder and lightning during a snowstorm, so it's not unusual in that area and it's quite spectacular to see. Jazzy I sure am sorry to hear out that crepe myrtle, that's one plant that I'm trying to get to grow up here where I'm at, seems as though nobody up here knows what they are and I managed about three years ago to purchase two of them in Maryland and bring them up here and one of them bloomed this past spring. Well we're supposed to get more snow in here tonight and for the next three days, good thing I got plenty of coffee, hot chocolate, and a lot of Bailey's Irish cream to see me through this winter....... hey June, if I wasn't retired I'd be out there driving one of those humongous snowplows and having all kinds of fun...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or