U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 09:34 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,712,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh June you are sadly mistaken, it's VERY humid here! But hey if you were here we could all go get our hair done at the salon with the coldest AC!
Darling Coon Girl,

Given the fact that the "heatwave" in the northeast seems to have returned after a brief reprise, the June can only say that she would be more than "down with the program" as regards joining you at a hair/nail salon of your choosing!!!

And the colder, the better!!!

P.S. Humidity: The Work of the Devil~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 09:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Darling Coon Girl,

Given the fact that the "heatwave" in the northeast seems to have returned after a brief reprise, the June can only say that she would be more than "down with the program" as regards joining you at a hair/nail salon of your choosing!!!

And the colder, the better!!!

P.S. Humidity: The Work of the Devil~
Definitely the work of the devil. I was down in Texas one time and the humidity was so bad my glasses fogged up! And, the heat!! I thought it was bad in Oklahoma! I cracked a joke to my husband that Texas must be the seventh level of hell.

Please, Texans, do not take offense.

God Bless Texas.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,032,415 times
Well, after rehearsing all day outside - including 2 hours in direct sunlight - I can tell you it sure is HOT in St. Louis!!! As exhausting as today was - now I'm about to leave for our midnight to 5am rehearsal! Soooo tired! I'll talk to you all in a few days if I survive!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,578,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, after rehearsing all day outside - including 2 hours in direct sunlight - I can tell you it sure is HOT in St. Louis!!! As exhausting as today was - now I'm about to leave for our midnight to 5am rehearsal! Soooo tired! I'll talk to you all in a few days if I survive!!!
Ohhh...you poor thing...but I also know how you enjoy what you do...so, God Bless...and keep us posted...I for one would like to hear how the show would turn out...

Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What kind of rehearsal are you doing?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
What kind of rehearsal are you doing?
I'm doing CATS. Again. It's my third time doing it. I actually love doing it - and I love getting paid!

We got off an hour early - 4am. I'm about to crash... At least we don't have to be in until 2pm tomorrow... or rather, today!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,528,505 times
That is awesome you are in CATS! Very cool!

I love the Texas heat! This summer has been better for us than the past three for sure! It is hot but this time last year we had been above the 100's for a few weeks. This year hasn't been so rough at least here in SA. Plus there is so much water stuff around to do we have fun in it!
Houston has a lot worse of a humidity problem as did Baton Rouge when I lived there! San Antonio isn't so bad, so ILNC come on over and visit! I'll make you an appointment at a real nice like salon !
June we are all doing great! Big T is already up and smoking some ribs and other delicious food for the day! Having friends over and enjoying the summer weekend! Toddler T, is just a full on kid now. Can't believe she was a baby when we first started posting on here. She is full of wonder and says some really wise things. She is really fun. And hilarious. I was giggling that I was half in tears reading people's posts earlier in this thread about kids going to college. I am going to need professional help by that time as I still have a year before she goes to Kinder and I am already a mess about it. HA.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
That is awesome you are in CATS! Very cool!

I love the Texas heat! This summer has been better for us than the past three for sure! It is hot but this time last year we had been above the 100's for a few weeks. This year hasn't been so rough at least here in SA. Plus there is so much water stuff around to do we have fun in it!
Houston has a lot worse of a humidity problem as did Baton Rouge when I lived there! San Antonio isn't so bad, so ILNC come on over and visit! I'll make you an appointment at a real nice like salon !
June we are all doing great! Big T is already up and smoking some ribs and other delicious food for the day! Having friends over and enjoying the summer weekend! Toddler T, is just a full on kid now. Can't believe she was a baby when we first started posting on here. She is full of wonder and says some really wise things. She is really fun. And hilarious. I was giggling that I was half in tears reading people's posts earlier in this thread about kids going to college. I am going to need professional help by that time as I still have a year before she goes to Kinder and I am already a mess about it. HA.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Hi Little T! Just wanted to say that I love San Antonio! I've been there a few times with various shows that I've been on tour with over the years. We usually spent a week there each time. I love the riverwalk and all the restaurants!
Oh - and can you send some of those ribs over here! Yummy!

Old 07-18-2010, 01:08 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,712,075 times
Hey everyone, I am hoping that Miss Blue won't be upset with me for keeping you all abreast of her situation right now. She phoned me up late, last night, to tell me that they were awaiting evacuation due to flooding in her area. Although we weren't able to talk long, it would appear that the flooding has to be pretty darn bad, as I do recall her saying that they were awaiting "the boat" to come and get them!

So please, please, please keep our dear Miss Blue and her family in your thoughts! For those who are believers, I am sure that she would appreciate your prayers! I know that her area flooded last year, as well, but this one sounds like it is a particularly bad flood situation due to the necessity to evacuate homes.

Am planning to give her a call today, to make sure that everyone at her home got somewhere safely!

Let's hope she is able to be back among us soon, but in the meantime, I know that she is in my heart of hearts and thoughts throughout the day and in the upcoming days to come....

Take gentle care, Miss Blue!

Old 07-18-2010, 01:18 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,578,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Hey everyone, I am hoping that Miss Blue won't be upset with me for keeping you all abreast of her situation right now. She phoned me up late, last night, to tell me that they were awaiting evacuation due to flooding in her area. Although we weren't able to talk long, it would appear that the flooding has to be pretty darn bad, as I do recall her saying that they were awaiting "the boat" to come and get them!

So please, please, please keep our dear Miss Blue and her family in your thoughts! For those who are believers, I am sure that she would appreciate your prayers! I know that her area flooded last year, as well, but this one sounds like it is a particularly bad flood situation due to the necessity to evacuate homes.

Am planning to give her a call today, to make sure that everyone at her home got somewhere safely!

Let's hope she is able to be back among us soon, but in the meantime, I know that she is in my heart of hearts and thoughts throughout the day and in the upcoming days to come....

Take gentle care, Miss Blue!
Ditto and please let me know how she is...keep us posted...would like to help in anyway I could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or