U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,492,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Hey everyone, I am hoping that Miss Blue won't be upset with me for keeping you all abreast of her situation right now. She phoned me up late, last night, to tell me that they were awaiting evacuation due to flooding in her area. Although we weren't able to talk long, it would appear that the flooding has to be pretty darn bad, as I do recall her saying that they were awaiting "the boat" to come and get them!

So please, please, please keep our dear Miss Blue and her family in your thoughts! For those who are believers, I am sure that she would appreciate your prayers! I know that her area flooded last year, as well, but this one sounds like it is a particularly bad flood situation due to the necessity to evacuate homes.

Am planning to give her a call today, to make sure that everyone at her home got somewhere safely!

Let's hope she is able to be back among us soon, but in the meantime, I know that she is in my heart of hearts and thoughts throughout the day and in the upcoming days to come....

Take gentle care, Miss Blue!
Thankfully, the waters are receding. Here are a couple of links on the Pikeville County flooding.

http://www.wsaz.com/weather/headlines/98683994.html (broken link)

At least 2 dead in Kentucky flooding - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,015,988 times
Oh no! Poor Miss Blue!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,706,898 times
I phoned Miss Blue around 9:15, EST, and one of her family members answered her cell phone, saying that she was sleeping. I asked that they please tell her that June had called, and just wanted to make sure that she and the rest of her family were okay. I was told Miss Blue and family were all safe!!! --I believe she told me last night that they were planning to go to the home of one of her daughter's, so I am relieved to know that they are all okay, and that her family member said that yes, everyone is safe!!!

I will try and call her again, tomorrow, and will keep you all updated...

Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,575,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I phoned Miss Blue around 9:15, EST, and one of her family members answered her cell phone, saying that she was sleeping. I asked that they please tell her that June had called, and just wanted to make sure that she and the rest of her family were okay. I was told Miss Blue and family were all safe!!! --I believe she told me last night that they were planning to go to the home of one of her daughter's, so I am relieved to know that they are all okay, and that her family member said that yes, everyone is safe!!!

I will try and call her again, tomorrow, and will keep you all updated...

Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,047,919 times
Thank You for the update June

Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,015,150 times
I'm glad to hear that Miss Blue and family are safe and I sure am sorry to hear about the flooding. Will keep you in my prayers Miss Blue!!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,706,898 times
I just got off the phone with Miss Blue, and she sounded a whole lot better than I can say I would, under the circumstances! (I love her laugher!)

She is actually in her home, with the grandkids there helping out and helping clean up after the flood waters receded. It was wonderful to talk with her and hear her voice, knowing that everyone is safe and sound. She said that she would be back among us as soon as she can, so it sounds as though at least for now, everyone down at Miss Blue's house is working hard, but taking things in stride!

--Just wanted to keep you all posted, and ask that everyone continue to keep her and her loved ones in your thoughts, and prayers!!!

~June

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM

21,964 posts, read 22,131,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm doing CATS. Again. It's my third time doing it. I actually love doing it - and I love getting paid!
Cool! I love Cats! I'm guessing you're NOT Old Deuteronomy or Bustopher Jones or Rum Tum Tugger. Am I right so far? Are you a named cat?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,015,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Cool! I love Cats! I'm guessing you're NOT Old Deuteronomy or Bustopher Jones or Rum Tum Tugger. Am I right so far? Are you a named cat?
I'm AM Old Deuternomy! Hahaha! I'm Jellylorum/Griddlebone - the opera cat. I'm the one that sings Gus and the aria (among other things). Our Old Deut is actually the original Old Deut from the Broadway cast and he is AMAZING!!! I worked with him last summer, too, when we did CATS in Sacramento.

I'm sooooo glad Miss Blue is okay and in good spirits!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:06 AM

13,573 posts, read 21,724,553 times
Hi everyone

I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how much your words of concern and compassion have meant to me during this time..

We are all safe and sound..My kids and grandkids are all here and working nearly round the clock as we "toss, and bleach and toss and bleach" We had up to 8 inches of rain Saturday so it is no wonder it flooded..We have a lot of damage, including some structural damage but are blessed that we still have a roof over our heads when so many don't even know where their home floated off to..a few lives were lost and many injuries were treated even at our local funeral home who opened their doors for shelter and a triage area.

We have much work to do and it will be a few more days before I am free enough to spend much time here, but I just wanted you all to know that your kindness is very much appreciated and is a great boost for my spirit

Hugs and blessing to all of you, and special thanks to June for the phone calls, for making me laugh and for passing along information..

Bev/MB
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or