U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
By Friday, baby was 2 weeks old and we and dr. were extremely concerned by his excessive weight loss and things were looking pretty scary. He wasn't a big guy to begin with, so it was alarming to see him dwindling away and looking so ill. By Monday, though, he had gained 4 oz. -- it might just have been from pure CD love.

He's got a pound to go to get back to his birth weight but we're really hopeful that he will continue to make good progress and that he'll suffer no long term ill effects. He's looking better with each passing day. It's been an emotionally draining time, but knowing you all were thinking of us helped more than you can know.
Being a mother myself, I can relate to what you're going through Pleroo. I'm glad the little bundle of joy is progressing well and am sending more thoughts of love to you and to the precious little one.
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,162,842 times
Babe continues to thrive. He had gained another 3 oz. at his last weigh-in a week ago and every day since he has continued to look healthier. If he continues at this rate, he'll be back up to his birth weight in another week or so. But, even if not, we're all very happy with how he's doing.

Thanks again for the encouraging posts and love for our wee one.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,710,437 times
I am so glad to hear the little fella is doing so well at gaining his weight back..Is everything else ok with him?

Thanks for keeping us informed..Everyone's babies are so much loved..and we all want them healthy and hungry
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,162,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am so glad to hear the little fella is doing so well at gaining his weight back..Is everything else ok with him?

It seems pretty certain, now, that it was a feeding issue and we've got that sorted out as best we can. He should be completely fine.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 PM

20,342 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
Babe continues to thrive. He had gained another 3 oz. at his last weigh-in a week ago and every day since he has continued to look healthier. If he continues at this rate, he'll be back up to his birth weight in another week or so. But, even if not, we're all very happy with how he's doing.

Thanks again for the encouraging posts and love for our wee one.
Quote:
It seems pretty certain, now, that it was a feeding issue and we've got that sorted out as best we can. He should be completely fine.

A White and Red Rose, for "The Purity of Love never fails." --Jerwade

Old 11-02-2011, 10:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,757,671 times
Pleroo - congratulations - I know how happy you must be about this precious bundle of joy in your life. I had not been checking this thread for a good while and missed it. My grandson (born in May) lost some of his birth weight but put it all back on and has been growing like a weed :-) Bless you and baby and family.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,001,508 times
This is a very sweet and cool idea for a thread. I don't have much to say right now, except that I sure am enjoying the posting at a moderated forum with a ton of subject offerings, and so many intelligent, and kind folks to read, get food-for-thought from, and share my own ideas, or even vent a bit at times.

In this context, it's very nice to "meet" or encounter y'all.
Sincerely~

Old 11-03-2011, 02:59 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,710,437 times
Hi Sunny, I am so glad you found us and hope you will enjoy CD as much as I have over the years..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 11-03-2011, 02:38 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,001,508 times
Howdy, Miss Blue, thanks and I am. It's cool that I found this place a few years ago because of Real Estate issue, didn't notice it was huge and just used it for that, left, and thought of it recently, and this time I looked at the place better and was amazed at how vast it is. Like a "one stop" shop.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 PM

21,188 posts, read 20,991,220 times
Pleroo - so glad to hear that he is gaining weight and getting healthier! I was so worried!

Sunny - Welcome!

Personally, I had a really tough week! We lost power due to the freak snow storm Saturday night and we didn't get it back until yesterday evening! My husband flew to South Dakota for work on Sunday morning and just got back today. Being in a freezing house with only candles and blankets for light and warmth was AWFUL!!! Add a newborn and a little doggy to the equation and it was dreadful! On Tuesday, I gave up and my mom found a hotel for us to stay at in Pennsylvania that allowed dogs and had vacancies. We just got back yesterday evening after the power came back on. I can't even imagine what all the people have been through that were in Hurricane Katrina or the Tsunami in Japan or all the flooding and tornados… As awful as the week was - I realize how lucky I still am!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or