U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm just starting to watch a tv show called "Coast Guard Alaska" right now... made me think of you and your granddaughter. Any idea where she'll be stationed in the long run? (Where is Cape May, btw?)
Thank you Pleroo!

Here's a snippet about the camp:
Spoiler

The United States Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, New Jersey is the nation's only Coast Guard Recruit Training Center. In 1924, the U.S. Coast Guard occupied the base and established air facilities for planes used in support of United States Customs Service efforts. During the Prohibition era, several cutters were assigned to Cape May to foil rumrunners operating off the New Jersey coast. After Prohibition, the Coast Guard all but abandoned Cape May leaving a small air/sea rescue contingent. For a short period of time (1929–1934), part of the base was used as a civilian airport. With the advent of World War II, a larger airstrip was constructed and the United States Navy returned to train aircraft carrier pilots. The over the water approach simulated carrier landings at sea. The Coast Guard also increased its Cape May forces for coastal patrol, anti-submarine warfare, air/sea rescue and buoy service. In 1946, the Navy relinquished the base to the Coast Guard.
In 1948, all entry level training on the East Coast was moved to the U.S. Coast Guard Recruit Receiving Station in Cape May. The Coast Guard consolidated all recruit training functions in Cape May in 1982. Currently over 350 military and civilian personnel and their dependents are attached to Training Center Cape May.

~Wishing a wonderful day for you and your family. (((hugs))) for the little one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Just June who just realized that the holiday of comfort and joy is only two weeks away, and June is hardly done with her shopping! Is June the ONLY one who hasn't even managed to get those cards out yet? --Seriously folks, June is just hopeless! Hopefully will pull it together in time for Santa to come down her chimney (more like her wood burning stove) but June is sure you'll get her drift! HELP!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:42 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,710,437 times
I did a little on line shopping yesterday..I did my decorating right after Thanksgiving when I had some time..Will try to get out one afternoon this week to shop..

Santa better not dare to come down my chimney He will me met with anger, if he messes up the decorations I have in the place where the fire goes..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM

40,037 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Just June who just realized that the holiday of comfort and joy is only two weeks away, and June is hardly done with her shopping! Is June the ONLY one who hasn't even managed to get those cards out yet? --Seriously folks, June is just hopeless! Hopefully will pull it together in time for Santa to come down her chimney (more like her wood burning stove) but June is sure you'll get her drift! HELP!
Decorating begins within our hearts, sharing and spreading joy wherever we go and whatever we are doing. Get out and enjoy the bustle and ambience of the season . . . it will inspire you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, "Just June."
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy228/jade95_2010/X-Holiday%20Accents/gltr-star.gif (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I did a little on line shopping yesterday..I did my decorating right after Thanksgiving when I had some time..Will try to get out one afternoon this week to shop..

Santa better not dare to come down my chimney He will be met with anger, if he messes up the decorations I have in the place where the fire goes..
It's not nice to threaten Santa! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Miss Blue.
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy228/jade95_2010/X-Holiday%20Accents/gltr-star.gif (broken link)

Old 12-12-2011, 08:12 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,710,437 times
Merry Christmas to you too, dear Mystic..I just love this season and all the goodness, and the generosity it brings out in most everyone. I love the music and the decorations ..But it is about the children and I love to see their excitement..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 PM

40,037 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Merry Christmas to you too, dear Mystic..I just love this season and all the goodness, and the generosity it brings out in most everyone. I love the music and the decorations ..But it is about the children and I love to see their excitement..
For the children . . .

For You . . .

Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 AM

20,342 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
"Decorating begins within our hearts, sharing and spreading joy wherever we go and whatever we are doing."
Nice quote, Mystics.

Merry Christmas everyone! And,
to everyone
"A Merry Christmas."
Especially, to the little ones!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,757,671 times
Quote:

Santa better not dare to come down my chimney He will me met with anger, if he messes up the decorations I have in the place where the fire goes..
Yeah, sometimes when Santa shows up, he has an iron fist. I never did care for Santa myself. Looks too much like the devil. Be that as it may, I wish you a Merry Christmas Miss Blue. It has been nice knowing you.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:58 AM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,757,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

And to you, Ans57. Such a pretty tree you found with musical notes. A very colorful greeting, thank you.

I'm going to see Mr. Rheumatologist today, bah-humbug
But on the bright side of that, he is going to put me on a new medicine that might help relieve my incessant pain from fibromyalgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or