U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,708,803 times

Advertisements

Well folks, she pulled it off! June finally completed her Christmas shopping in time for the holidays!!! Amazing job, that June did!

Handel - Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
And to you, Ans57. Such a pretty tree you found with musical notes. A very colorful greeting, thank you.

I had you in mind when I posted it.
Quote:
I'm going to see Mr. Rheumatologist today, bah-humbug But on the bright side of that, he is going to put me on a new medicine that might help relieve my incessant pain from fibromyalgia.
I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I hope your doctor can prescribe a treatment that is suitable for you. Also avoiding too much stress when possible may help.... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Well folks, she pulled it off! June finally completed her Christmas shopping in time for the holidays!!! Amazing job, that June did!

Handel - Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube

I envy you june...I haven't even started yet! I'm thinking of doling out a few coins to my grands instead... too lazy to tackle the shopping melee around this time, blame it on aging.

Thanks for the link...love it!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,764,643 times
Thank you Ans57. I just started taking Cymbalta yesterday. I only wish it did not cost so much - the pharmaceutical companies are making a killing on us. But if it takes away my chronic pain, it will be worth it even if I have to cut corners so afford it. I don't usually vent about my personal problems in public, but I just felt I needed to let someone know I've been dealing with unrelenting pain for the past 6 months. And I think there is definitely a connection between mental stress and Fibromyalgia (as you mentioned).

Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 AM

13,574 posts, read 21,728,321 times
One of my dfaughters suffers with fibromyalgia along with other major health problems due to massive amts of radiation and chemotherapy..She has two children she is devoted to since she was not supposed to have any..She worries that she may not always be here for them and I think that is a major contributor to her Fibromyalgia which developed about the time her first baby was born 15 year ago..Mainly when she is in pain she just has to go to bed and sleep..She does have meds for it, but can't remember what she takes/took because nothing seemed to help her..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
One of my dfaughters suffers with fibromyalgia along with other major health problems due to massive amts of radiation and chemotherapy..She has two children she is devoted to since she was not supposed to have any..She worries that she may not always be here for them and I think that is a major contributor to her Fibromyalgia which developed about the time her first baby was born 15 year ago..Mainly when she is in pain she just has to go to bed and sleep..She does have meds for it, but can't remember what she takes/took because nothing seemed to help her..
Yes, Miss Blue - the stress is like a vicious circle because of the fatigue you can't accomplish as much as you need to and then you stress about that. My chronic illness began back in 1989 -- had chronic fatigue syndrome for a good five years - constant fever and sore throat and feeling exhausted. It got better, but I have flare ups and this Fibromyalgia (which is like having very sore muscles all over the body) I do believe is connected to it. Basically I have some form of auto-immune disease that is called by many different names and can be very debilitating. But sometimes it gets better and I almost feel normal. Stress seems to be the trigger and I've been very stressed in the past year. I sure do hate disease... it causes so much suffering in humanity.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Stress seems to be the trigger and I've been very stressed in the past year. I sure do hate disease... it causes so much suffering in humanity.
Soothing songs!

Louis Armstrong What a wonderful world HD - YouTube

Il Divo - Amazing Grace - YouTube

"LOVE" from me to you all.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:23 AM

Thank you Ans57. That is perhaps the most beautiful performance of 'Amazing Grace' I've ever heard. And to see it performed in the Roman Coliseum is bitter-sweet. I visited Rome in 1998 and stood there in the ruins of the Coliseum and wondered how humans ever sat there and watched the "entertainment" back in the days of the Roman Empire. Listening to "Amazing Grace" sung there is like a cleansing, a hallowing out of sacred ground for all the suffering and sorrow and sin that came before.

Each week on Fridays I get to hear Louis Armstrong sing "It's A Wonderful World" as I listen regularly to Thom Hartmann's podcast and he always plays that on Fridays in honor of his father whose favorite song it was. Thom Hartmann is a political commentator and author (in case you've not heard of him).

Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 AM

I just now figured out how to configure my profile to be able to display "Visitor Messages" It took me darn near forever to find the option!!!

And my new medicine is helping me a lot (I just wanted to say so in case anyone else around here suffers from fibromyalgia). I am taking Cymbalta and it seems to be reducing my muscle pain. Now I can probably get back to biking for exercise again.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM

Anyone here live in the blizzard zone? This is what they're getting across the SouthWest!

Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,728,321 times
Proof of global warming?

I imagine the youngsters are very happy to see the snow and for many probably for the first time..

We are expecting high 50's for today, 65 for Wednesday and sunny and 50 for Christma day..My kind of winter
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or