U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2012, 04:48 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,266,980 times
Reputation: 17789

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
What!?!? No green potato wine?

There are some mysteries that June just cannot accept...
Look what I found June... !

A recipe for Potato wine.... Whew, I just knew it, !!


Potato Wine or Vodka Lite
Serving Size : 1 Gallon
Ingredients:
3 pounds potatoes
4 pounds sugar
4 ounces of Chopped green or light colored raisins
2 lemons
2 oranges
1 tablespoon yeast (wine yeast works best)
1 teaspoon yeast nutrient (if unavailable use 2 more lemons)


Wash and scrub potatoes remove eyes and black spots. However, do not peel the potatoes. Grate potatoes into large pot and add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and simmer fro a bout 15 minutes. Remove any scum that may be floating on top as it contains impurities you do not want in your wine. Continue to simmer until scum ceases to come up. Place the raisins and sugar into a two gallon (or bigger) container that you can put a lid on. Strain the water onto the raisins. Juice the oranges and lemons. Add yeast nutrient and enough water to make the whole amount into one gallon. Let the juice (also called must) sit for about a week. Make sure it is loosely covered so that air gets out but not in. (The fermentation will ensure that the air pressure forces the air out of the container. Siphon the must into a one gallon container with an airlock. (A balloon with a big mouth can be used in place of the airlock.) Transfer the wine into another gallon jug after about ten days to get rid of the sediment that gathers at the bottom of the jug. Let the wine sit in the second jug for about 6 months. The wine may then be bottled. Wait another 6 months to drink.

Potato wine can be used in the same way you would use vodka, only it has considerably less alcohol content. A distilled form of potato wine is called poteen (also written - potcheen, and poitin), and is featured in some Irish songs and movies about Ireland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 AM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,708,803 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Look what I found June... !

A recipe for Potato wine.... Whew, I just knew it, !!


Potato Wine or Vodka Lite
Serving Size : 1 Gallon
Ingredients:
3 pounds potatoes
4 pounds sugar
4 ounces of Chopped green or light colored raisins
2 lemons
2 oranges
1 tablespoon yeast (wine yeast works best)
1 teaspoon yeast nutrient (if unavailable use 2 more lemons)


Wash and scrub potatoes remove eyes and black spots. However, do not peel the potatoes. Grate potatoes into large pot and add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and simmer fro a bout 15 minutes. Remove any scum that may be floating on top as it contains impurities you do not want in your wine. Continue to simmer until scum ceases to come up. Place the raisins and sugar into a two gallon (or bigger) container that you can put a lid on. Strain the water onto the raisins. Juice the oranges and lemons. Add yeast nutrient and enough water to make the whole amount into one gallon. Let the juice (also called must) sit for about a week. Make sure it is loosely covered so that air gets out but not in. (The fermentation will ensure that the air pressure forces the air out of the container. Siphon the must into a one gallon container with an airlock. (A balloon with a big mouth can be used in place of the airlock.) Transfer the wine into another gallon jug after about ten days to get rid of the sediment that gathers at the bottom of the jug. Let the wine sit in the second jug for about 6 months. The wine may then be bottled. Wait another 6 months to drink.

Potato wine can be used in the same way you would use vodka, only it has considerably less alcohol content. A distilled form of potato wine is called poteen (also written - potcheen, and poitin), and is featured in some Irish songs and movies about Ireland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,708,803 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Look what I found June... !

A recipe for Potato wine....
You're living in your own private Idaho,
Living in your own private Idaho,
Underground like a wild potato...




B-52's Private Idaho.wmv - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 05:07 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,764,643 times
Reputation: 1590
__________________________________________________ ___________

Came across a pretty song by the band called Barcelona: 'Time To Mend'


Barcelona-Time to Mend Lyrics - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 07:07 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Reputation: 5149


To ALL!!! Has anyone heard from Velcroqueen, Herefornow and SisterKat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,179,601 times
Reputation: 2103
Happy Easter Ans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Happy Easter Ans!
Hi Plerro, sunny side up! <waving>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU
Louis Armstrong – What A Wonderful World


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 AM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,708,803 times
Reputation: 3443
Happy Easter and many chocolate colored Easter eggs from June!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,574 posts, read 21,728,321 times
Reputation: 18121
Happy Easter everyone. I want Chocolate covered marshmallow Easter Eggs.
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting and sub forums
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
 
40,099 posts, read 26,767,323 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

To ALL!!! Has anyone heard from Velcroqueen, Herefornow and SisterKat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Happy Easter Ans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Happy Easter and many chocolate colored Easter eggs from June!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Happy Easter everyone. I want Chocolate covered marshmallow Easter Eggs.
Happy Easter Everyone. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top