U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM

5,966 posts, read 2,852,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
He is adorable, Heartsong and I just want to pick him up and cuddle him..

You have a very pretty daughter too. Love her name

I am glad you will see him and her very soon.
Thank you, Miss Blue. So far he's my one and only grandchild and so of course I think everything he does is cute as a button. Hope all is well with you. I don't check this section as often as I should so sometimes I don't know what's going on with people who have posted. I will click back to see what I may have missed out on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
A Swiss girlfriend made a mistake of giving me a box of these yummies that I savored for the longest time, sometimes breaking one in half and save the other for a later chocolate craving. Well, I got addicted, and unabashedly asked if she could give me more...

and bless her heart, she did, that's what I'm munching on right now!
Even when I am dieting to reduce, I still eat a wee piece of chocolate each day. Usually something dark and bittersweet.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 AM

7,462 posts, read 6,955,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My grandson, Logan....
What a little cutie he is Heartsong!!!

So glad you posted the pictures!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
What a little cutie he is Heartsong!!!

So glad you posted the pictures!
Thank you, June. I was going to try to post a few pictures under my profile, but so far I have not had any luck at that. It seems that links to Blogger and Facebook do not post as linkable URLs. And I have no other place (yet) to put pictures on the web first. I will look further into it and try to figure out a way.

Peace-
Heartsong

Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM

5,498 posts, read 1,998,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My grandson, Logan just had his first birthday on May 4th. I thought I'd post a photo of him with my daughter Jannah:

I might post a few more of this event under my profile. I am planning to fly up and see him on June 10th - can hardly wait! - Heartsong

Awww -- sweet. Hope you can figure out how to post more pics!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM

12,382 posts, read 14,682,194 times
Heartsong..Here is how I learned to post pictures..I printed this post and just followed step by step.
Took a little time but finally I did it ..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/814124-post3.html

Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM

10,898 posts, read 9,080,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I just drove my youngest son to high school today for the very last time. Our 4 boys are now officially out of the school system and moving forward into their adult lives. I too now have to move forward into my life and get a life LOL as they sure don't want to hang out with me too much any more.

It seemed like just yesterday I tear fell from my cheeck when I dropped him off at Kindergarden on his first day of school.

Cherish your kids and enjoy those special moments before they are all grown up. They are precious gifts from God
Oh wow, this caught my attention! My eldest and only son graduates from HS this year. My daughter is in 10th grade.

I am feeling the first pangs of empty nest syndrome.

It all goes way to fast...

Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 AM

Hi Sheena..I just have to comment on your post

Empty nest syndrome? What's that?

I thought about it when my kids were growing up and often times they made me think I couldn't wait for the "empty nest syndrome"

In fact I am now 70 and still waiting for the "empty nest syndrome"

This year is the very first in 41 that I have not put a kid on the school bus in the morning and had snacks ready when they were dropped off in the afternoon..

I am soooo blest with 4 children, 9 grands and one great grand son..There has always been some room or at least space somewhere in my house for one two or all of them that needed a home and since most of us live close, Mamaw Bev's became home to 5 of the grands since their mom's had to work very long hours. I still have three grandsons here..Two are local college boys. The third is paralyzed so will always be with me.

Never having an empty nest has truly been one of the finest blessings I have..Not to mention it sure keeps me young at heart and mind..

I just wish the old hag in the mirror would leave me alone

Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 AM

35 posts, read 19,769 times
Halleluyah! Its a blessing to be alive.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM

Great grandbaby number two is in the oven..Should be done sometime in January
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity