U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 AM

7,811 posts, read 10,700,409 times

Advertisements

Congrats from June to all who are in the midst of new life and life to come! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM

19 posts, read 34,987 times
Default I like anyone who feeds me-Christian or any!

If you cook me a good meal, I'll be your friend-even Christians!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 PM

20,342 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Congrats from June to all who are in the midst of new life and life to come! Enjoy!
Enjoying this:

"In the Midst of New Life and the Life to Come!"

Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Default Need to talk to friends without debate

My best friend Dinky had to be put to sleep last week. She was a 14 y/o toy poodle who developed a brain tumor and had been sick for months. Eventually she did not recognize me and would not sit on my lap or let me pet her. It was devastating and I am still depressed. For the first time in my life meditation was of no use to me at all. June, Miss Blue, ptsum and the support of all my friends here helped get me over the worst of it by DM . . . but i am still in a deep malaise. My wife suggested I return to posting. I have no interest in dealing with my stalkers from both sides of the God issue . . . but this has always been a special thread.
God bless you all in Christ's love,
Mystic

Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
Mystic, it is so sad about Dinky..Dogs are very important family members and our grief can be just as deep when they pass on..

I hope you did visit the Rainbow Bridge forum....

When my beloved German Shepherd had to be euthanized 10 years ago I truly lost one of my very best friends, companion, protector, and overseer of my grandkids when they were outside and out of sight..

I felt the same loss when only 6 months later someone deliberately killed our very gentle, loving PitBull who kept the snakes and other bad critters from doing any harm to the kids and the neighbor..

I have not had my own dog since, but one of my daughters keeps her dog here and I care for her, but just don't feel the same way about her..She is a Lab, the runt of the litter and I suspect if she were human she would be diagnosed with mental retardation
She is the culprit who bit a hole in our pool
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My best friend Dinky....
June holds your pain, and Dinky in her heart.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart."

--That is one of June's favorite lines from one of e.e. cumming's poems. There is no question that you carry Dinky's heart within yours, just as we carry your heart within ours during what is a terrifically difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 7th

the support of all my friends here helped get me over the worst of it by DM . . . but i am still in a deep malaise....
Pain of loss is one of the worst pains out there, June thinks. It seems painfully endless and without form; just a void that we carry around within us for an unspecified period of time. Although most people in the midst of grief don't wish to hear it, there will be a time when your grief will subside, and Dinky will hold a place in your heart that holds happier memories. June says that speaking from experience in having lost very dear loved ones.

This thread was designed for friendship, and please know that your cyber friends are or can be as real to you as those in real life. They/we can also care just as much. We do.

Take gentle care.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Mystic, it is so sad about Dinky..Dogs are very important family members and our grief can be just as deep when they pass on..

I hope you did visit the Rainbow Bridge forum....
I just lurked there . . . but it was a reminder that my loss isn't permanent. For some reason my grief had blocked that assurance. Thank you Miss Blue. The power of my love for Dinky reinforces my certainty that everything we love will be with us when we cross over into rebirth as Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June holds your pain, and Dinky in her heart.
"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart."
--That is one of June's favorite lines from one of e.e. cumming's poems. There is no question that you carry Dinky's heart within yours, just as we carry your heart within ours during what is a terrifically difficult time.

Pain of loss is one of the worst pains out there, June thinks. It seems painfully endless and without form; just a void that we carry around within us for an unspecified period of time. Although most people in the midst of grief don't wish to hear it, there will be a time when your grief will subside, and Dinky will hold a place in your heart that holds happier memories. June says that speaking from experience in having lost very dear loved ones.

This thread was designed for friendship, and please know that your cyber friends are or can be as real to you as those in real life. They/we can also care just as much. We do.
Take gentle care.
I am so grateful for your support during this trying time, June. Intellectually, I know it will pass . . . but emotionally it doesn't seem possible right now. Here is my precious little girl:

Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,327,737 times
Quote:
My best friend Dinky had to be put to sleep last week. She was a 14 y/o toy poodle who developed a brain tumor and had been sick for months. Eventually she did not recognize me and would not sit on my lap or let me pet her. It was devastating and I am still depressed. For the first time in my life meditation was of no use to me at all. June, Miss Blue, ptsum and the support of all my friends here helped get me over the worst of it by DM . . . but i am still in a deep malaise. My wife suggested I return to posting. I have no interest in dealing with my stalkers from both sides of the God issue . . . but this has always been a special thread.
God bless you all in Christ's love,
Mystic
Mystic my friend, as you know I also lost my little buddy a Maltese Terrier of about 15 1/2 years, just a little over a week ago. Today I brought him home, you see I had him cremated and his ashes were put into an urn and then put into a mahogany box that I made with all of his little mementoes. One thing that I have found that helps with the healing process, sit down and write a letter about their life and all the good things that you remember and hold dear to your heart. If you're fortunate enough to have done what I did in the past, I have taken pictures and I must have between 250 to 300 pictures of his life, from the very beginning to the present and I picked out a couple real nice ones and had them framed, doing little things like this will help.osay

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Mystic my friend, as you know I also lost my little buddy a Maltese Terrier of about 15 1/2 years, just a little over a week ago. Today I brought him home, you see I had him cremated and his ashes were put into an urn and then put into a mahogany box that I made with all of his little mementoes. One thing that I have found that helps with the healing process, sit down and write a letter about their life and all the good things that you remember and hold dear to your heart. If you're fortunate enough to have done what I did in the past, I have taken pictures and I must have between 250 to 300 pictures of his life, from the very beginning to the present and I picked out a couple real nice ones and had them framed, doing little things like this will help.osay
I have tried your suggestion about writing but I just lose focus in sadness. I am so grateful for your support, my dear friend. I have pictures, too. In fact my screen background on the computer is a picture of her. I am not yet past the sadness at seeing her and the memories of loss that it evokes. It has still been too recent. But I will take your advice when things have abated, my friend. Thanks for being there, osay.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
. . . but emotionally it doesn't seem possible right now. Here is my precious little girl:
June apologizes for her "intellectual bent." Let me say to you, though, that our emotions are all we have, at times. They tear us apart, and June realizes that. Please know that you are not alone....Certainly not emotionally.

Post Script: Little Dinky was among the cutest little dogs in America. Remember: All dogs go to heaven....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or