U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 PM

5,806 posts, read 4,787,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My best friend Dinky had to be put to sleep last week. She was a 14 y/o toy poodle who developed a brain tumor and had been sick for months. Eventually she did not recognize me and would not sit on my lap or let me pet her. It was devastating and I am still depressed. For the first time in my life meditation was of no use to me at all. June, Miss Blue, ptsum and the support of all my friends here helped get me over the worst of it by DM . . . but i am still in a deep malaise. My wife suggested I return to posting. I have no interest in dealing with my stalkers from both sides of the God issue . . . but this has always been a special thread.
God bless you all in Christ's love,
Mystic

Mystic, Dinky is beautiful. And your love for her is as beautiful.
Love never ends. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I understand the grief you are dealing with. It happened to me 3.5 years ago with my beloved dog. I will have to dm you with some things that I hope you will find enouraging and help give you hope and peace as you deal with your sorrow. In the meantime, please know I am thinking of you and your beloved Dinky and sending you a lot of love.

Our tears WILL be wiped away.
and our suffering will not compare to the glory that lies ahead of us.
Our love we have for each other is not only special and sacred to us, but it is also sacred to the Creator. Separation is only temporary. I am fully convinced.
your pal,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM

40,044 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Mystic, Dinky is beautiful. And your love for her is as beautiful.
Love never ends. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I understand the grief you are dealing with. It happened to me 3.5 years ago with my beloved dog. I will have to dm you with some things that I hope you will find enouraging and help give you hope and peace as you deal with your sorrow. In the meantime, please know I am thinking of you and your beloved Dinky and sending you a lot of love.

Our tears WILL be wiped away.
and our suffering will not compare to the glory that lies ahead of us.
Our love we have for each other is not only special and sacred to us, but it is also sacred to the Creator. Separation is only temporary. I am fully convinced.
your pal,
sparrow
Thanks you so much, sparrow. Your friendship is precious to me and your beautiful posts are always full of love and emotionally comforting. The pain of loss is one of the costs of love . . . but it is temporary (I know this intellectually . . . but emotionally it is hard to see right now). My meditation has never before failed me . . . that is what has upset my applecart, I think. This must be one of the times when there is only one set of footprints in the sand. Psychologically, I understand how the lower limbic system overrides and interferes with cognitive control and function when strong emotions are activated . . . but I had never experienced anything quite like this before. I appreciate your support and agape love so much, my sister.
God Bless,
Mystic

Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
I believe dogs are the most amazing creatures.
They give you, unconditional love at all times.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."

Thinking of you, my friend!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe dogs are the most amazing creatures.
They give you, unconditional love at all times.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."

Thinking of you, my friend!
More of your wonderful quotes, Jerwade . . . and so perfect. Thank you, brother.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,572,386 times
I'm sorry to hear about your beloved Dinky Mystic! The grief over loss of loved ones is never easy to deal with...just know that this too shall pass and what's left are the good memories of that love that will always be with you.

ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your beloved Dinky Mystic! The grief over loss of loved ones is never easy to deal with...just know that this too shall pass and what's left are the good memories of that love that will always be with you.

ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!
Thank you so much, Ans. I know intellectually that is true . . . it is the emotional part that seems to be giving me my current malaise. I appreciate the support of all my cyber friends so much. God bless you,
Mystic

Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM

489 posts, read 670,712 times
Default Wrong E-Mail Address.....(Funny)

Wrong E-mail Address!

A couple from
Minneapolis decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to
thaw out during one particularly icy winter. Because both had jobs, they had
difficulty coordinating their travel schedules. It was decided that the
husband would fly to
Florida on a Thursday and his wife would follow him
the next day.

Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. There he
decided to open his laptop and send his wife an e-mail back in
Minneapolis.
However, he accidentally left off one letter in her address, and sent the e-mail
without realizing his error.

Meanwhile, in
Houston, a widow had just returned from her husband's
funeral. He was a minister of many years who had been "Called Home
to Glory" following a heart attack. The widow checked her e-mail,
expecting messages from relatives and friends.

Upon reading the first message, she fainted and fell to the floor. The
widow's son rushed into the room found his mother on the floor and
saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I have arrived!

I have just arrived and I have been checked in. I see that everything has
been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing
you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,139,901 times
Dear Mystic, I am very sorry for the loss of your special friend, Dinky. She is so pretty. May you find peace and comfort. God bless and peace.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Dear Mystic, I am very sorry for the loss of your special friend, Dinky. She is so pretty. May you find peace and comfort. God bless and peace.
Thank you so much Shana. Love is such a double-edged phenomenon while we are here in this physical place faced with death and loss of those we love. The pain is lessening and Chango's post certainly helped to place my loss in perspective . . . but she was such a big part of this latter part of my life. I am so grateful for the wonderful response of my friends here at C-D. It has helped.

God Bless and Peace in Christ's love, my sister,
Mystic

Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 PM

489 posts, read 670,712 times
I would love to give you condolences from my family MysticPhD from a fellow brother in Christ Jesus! Sorry to hear of your loss, and only wish the very best for you and all yours my sister. I also wish you the very best peace and blessings upon you, and that God our Father will breathe new life into you and all yours during this time of loss.

....Shalom akhoti sheli (Peace & blessings be upon you my sister)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or