U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,572,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Here's hoping June never runs into a skunk after a seafood meal and must wash herself and all her things in tomato juice.
Now...that is funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,702,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Here's hoping June never runs into a skunk after a seafood meal and must wash herself and all her things in tomato juice.

Oh dear GOD!!! Now ain't that the TRUTH!?!?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Default P.s.

Vacation is a thing of beauty.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,000,505 times
Just got back home yesterday! Home, sweet home! It's so nice to be back with the hubby and my little doggy! And my kitchen! I get to cook again! Yay!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 AM

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Just got back home yesterday! Home, sweet home! It's so nice to be back with the hubby and my little doggy! And my kitchen! I get to cook again! Yay!
Ah, actress, par excellent! Am soooo glad to hear that you are home with the little pouch and the hubby! No doubt in the June's mind that you stunned the living daylights out of them with your performance!

Bravo, to you, my friend!

~Enjoy the reuniting of home and harth!

June

Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,848,511 times
I have felt fortunate this year. Late last year, I went to my boss and told him, "Look. I am an old woman. One week of vacation is simply not enough anymore. I want two -- minimum!" Nearly young enough to be my son, he gave in. So this is the first year I have had more than one week!

In June, I drove to Nebraska for a visit with most of my siblings, whom I had not seen in YEARS!, and had a complete blast! I am so thankful for them! We hardly know one another, our ages vary quite widely, we all lead very different lives, yet we just "ate each other up," as they say in the South, and had More Fun!

And I learned to say "y'all" from my sister-in-law!

So I've already had my two weeks' vacation, but I still have a camping 4-day weekend coming up. I need it.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Jesus Christ is Lord!!!
Please read again....

"This thread is for us to post anything we want to so long as it is not contentious, and not debating our differences in belief."

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Vacation sounds like a great idea..It has been a few years since I have been able to get further away than Gatlinburg in Tennessee..
Come on over to see me old girl.
(Psssst! Don't bring that June with you though. She drinks all the booze.)

Last edited by Rafius; 07-28-2010 at 10:14 AM..

Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Sister Kat I am a brand new soccer fan and I am thoroughly enjoying the games with the explanations of plays and rules from one of my grandsons who is a fan of any sports..I love the fast pace and the excitement of the game..I could never understand all the delays in football and couldn't keep up with that ball, but soccer?? I just love it!
You traitor!! Thought you liked Rugby.... not that namby-pamby, don't come near me or I'll fall over and cry game called soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm a singer so I always sing when I'm down in the dumps. It makes me feel so much better!
Musician here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June was fortunate enough to leave her office early, and stop back home prior to attending a meeting in the city tonight. It would appear that the a/c in her master bedroom isn't cooling any longer.
Clean out your filter mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Vacation is a thing of beauty.
Mine wasn't this year. Went motorbiking with some mates and one bike was in a head-on with an oncoming car. The driver of the car was driving full of drugs. Impact speed of 180kph. Very messy!!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
(Psssst! Don't bring that June with you though. She drinks all the booze.)
Not with crab cakes or anything crab related she doesn't! No, no, no!

Good to see you found this thread, Rafius~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or