U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,766,117 times
Reputation: 1595

Advertisements

Anyone here a Willie Nelson fan? Have you heard his version of Coldplay's 'The Scientist'? I really like it. Who would have thought Willie could do Coldplay well? What do y'all think?


WILLIE NELSON THE SCIENTIST LYRICS - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,710,873 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
[ What do y'all think?
Absolutely fabulous lyrics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,766,117 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Absolutely fabulous lyrics!
I think so too, June. I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I'm a huge fan of Coldplay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,710,873 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I'm a huge fan of Coldplay.
Am not that familiar with Coldplay, but chances are if I heard some of their music I'd be able to identify it. It would be interesting to hear their rendition of the song. Do you have it? Post it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,766,117 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Am not that familiar with Coldplay, but chances are if I heard some of their music I'd be able to identify it. It would be interesting to hear their rendition of the song. Do you have it? Post it?

Ah, yes, happy to post it. You can skip the Youtube Ad after a couple of seconds by clicking 'skip ad'.

The Scientist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBym7kv2IM

One of my favorite songs by Coldplay is 'Fix You'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b...eature=related
(I really get excited at about the 5 minute mark in this song as the instrumentals pick up tempo and memento.)

I'm certain you would recognize 'Yellow' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-n7...eature=related

and 'Green Eyes' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IApsAHGMk0
if you heard them - both very popular and beautiful songs.

Thanks for asking, June.

Last edited by Heartsong; 11-10-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,710,873 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ah, yes, happy to post it. You can skip the Youtube Ad after a couple of seconds by clicking 'skip ad'.

The Scientist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBym7kv2IM

One of my favorite songs by Coldplay is 'Fix You'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b...eature=related
(I really get excited at about the 5 minute mark in this song as the instrumentals pick up tempo and memento.)

I'm certain you would recognize 'Yellow' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-n7...eature=related

and 'Green Eyes' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IApsAHGMk0
if you heard them - both very popular and beautiful songs.

Thanks for asking, June.
I have heard a few of their songs after all. Sometimes I'll hear something but won't know who the artist is....Thanks for the reminder!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM
 
Location: New England
32,268 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Reputation: 2283
Heartsong have you heard this song by Coldplay ?


coldplay - A message ( acoustic session ) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2012, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,766,117 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Heartsong have you heard this song by Coldplay ?


coldplay - A message ( acoustic session ) - YouTube
Yes, pcamps - I have. It's a beautiful song. I have almost all their music on my iPod. This acoustic version you posted is very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 AM
 
35 posts, read 37,920 times
Reputation: 36
We are blessed and highly favoured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,972 posts, read 22,151,097 times
Reputation: 10714
I could use a friend right now. Anybody up to the task?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top