U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,728,321 times

Advertisements

Hi Skylight
To leave a rep point with a comment, just go to the little scales icon at the top right of the post you want to comment/rep on (it is right next to the post count) click the scale icon and a menu appears where you can add a comment to the rep.

This is the friendship thread and we are allowed to go off topic so long as we are nice to each other
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM

154 posts, read 170,551 times
Thaaaaaaank youuuuuu ! And the off-topicness is duly noted, ha ha.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,764,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Baby is willing and able, but apparently momma is not ready yet, so nature took over and stopped the process until momma is readyShe is about 39 weeks yesterday. Momma and baby both are healthy with no complications at this time.

I am patiently still waiting. Big brother, 4 year old Byrce, is staying very near momma and told her to hurry up and let Chase out to play with him.
I love the way kids think. That's adorable. "Let him come out and play..." I will remember that for a long time.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,708,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

In the meantime, of course, there's nothing better than a living "doll" to help take care of but I still heard the occasional, "Babies are boring" comment when somebody was anxious to have a new buddy to play racing cars or Barbie dolls with.
"Little June" was an only child, so he had no sense of waiting for, or having a sibling to be born to play with. When he was six we bought him a dog, Misha, who we proceeded to spoil to death. One of our friends referred to Misha and "Little June" of possessing sible rivalry, as the spoiled little dog pretty much got whatever it wanted.

It's a wonder the poor kid turned out as normal as he did!

What an odd family we were...!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,179,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
"Little June" was an only child, so he had no sense of waiting for, or having a sibling to be born to play with. When he was six we bought him a dog, Misha, who we proceeded to spoil to death. One of our friends referred to Misha and "Little June" of possessing sible rivalry, as the spoiled little dog pretty much got whatever it wanted.

Cheers to "odd". (Is there such a thing as a normal family?)

I'm pretty sure there are many times when each of my kids has wanted to trade in one or more of their siblings for a pet, spoiled or not.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM

LOL here I thought the house of Blue was the odd family 4 kids and all their friends, 9 grandkids and their friends, and lots of cousins, dogs, cats, and horses through the years ...Not to mention the stories I can tell about each and every one of them

Don't know how many kids I have taught to drive, given a temporary home or made sure the boys registered for selective service. Still have three grandsons who are in college living with me. The two brothers are a tremendous help with Michael

..and now I await the birth of second little great grandson Chase who may have decided he needs more rest before joining all these other boys

June your family is definitely not odd. From what I know you have done an excellent job raising little June and "brother" dog Misha

Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM

5,807 posts, read 4,792,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

heehee.
cute story.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Attachment 105859

We have been having a visit from a 'possum on our back porch every night. My h buys a trap so we can catch and release said possum.. Just went outside and this is what I found..Zoe is our pet cat. Poor thing was wet and scared ..and probably hates us now

Never a dull moment at the " house of Blue"

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-27-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 AM

5,807 posts, read 4,792,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Attachment 105859

We have been having a visit from a 'possum on our back porch every night. My h buys a trap so we can catch and release said possum.. Just went outside and this is what I found..Zoe is our pet cat. Poor thing was wet and scared ..and probably hates us now

Never a dull moment at the " house of Blue"

awwww! lol poor thing.
That's happened to my cat before.

your post reminded me of this:

Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM

154 posts, read 170,551 times
Good gravy, what kind of people would think that's a cat??? The frowny face got me though, that was funny, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or