U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,767,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pleroo - I watched this (had never heard of it before) and I am stunned by the power of the mind and how destructive angry and hateful thoughts can be. The anger destroys the person who is angry, and of course sometimes those who cross in their path as we see with all the violence and shootings. It's sad to see this at work. I hate being angry. I have been angry and it is the absolute worst emotion I know of. I avoid it at all costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,186,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Pleroo - I watched this (had never heard of it before) and I am stunned by the power of the mind and how destructive angry and hateful thoughts can be. The anger destroys the person who is angry, and of course sometimes those who cross in their path as we see with all the violence and shootings. It's sad to see this at work. I hate being angry. I have been angry and it is the absolute worst emotion I know of. I avoid it at all costs.

It is stunning, isn't it? Not only how destructive negative emotions are, but that in less than 10 minutes he was able to use his mind to release his anger and fear. How long do we often nurse anger, hurts and fears? Sometimes, people hold onto things their entire lives, and it slowly destroys them. But the process Robert Smith shows in this video works incredibly quickly.

By the way, if you're interested in seeing more, Robert has a channel on youtube. HealingMagic, I believe it is, or you can just search for FasterEFT. He offers hundreds of free videos. There are many that are just testimonial type videos, but especially the first 200 or so videos include many demonstrations and teaching on what and how FasterEFT works, so that people can use it on themselves.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
It is stunning, isn't it? Not only how destructive negative emotions are, but that in less than 10 minutes he was able to use his mind to release his anger and fear. How long do we often nurse anger, hurts and fears? Sometimes, people hold onto things their entire lives, and it slowly destroys them. But the process Robert Smith shows in this video works incredibly quickly.

By the way, if you're interested in seeing more, Robert has a channel on youtube. HealingMagic, I believe it is, or you can just search for FasterEFT. He offers hundreds of free videos. There are many that are just testimonial type videos, but especially the first 200 or so videos include many demonstrations and teaching on what and how FasterEFT works, so that people can use it on themselves.
That man had to be in a lot of pain too, because he had to be WILLING to do something that he didn't really want to do -- let go of the anger. And it was hard for him. It made me sad to see him in so much pain. And I can relate. Not on that level, but I have said before in my heart "I will not forgive, such N such" person who hurt me. But I know that I must and I will. It is no fun to think you are going to have to absorb pain. But perhaps it's really a matter of letting it pass right through you and out the back door. Also, we cause a lot of our own pain by creating imagined offenses that other parties never even thought of. That's not always the case, but it is likely often the case.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM

32 posts, read 76,694 times
can somebody help me, should a christian woman wait for the christian guy to make a move/ What if he has no confidence or is sht you wait for ever

Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
That man had to be in a lot of pain too, because he had to be WILLING to do something that he didn't really want to do -- let go of the anger. And it was hard for him. It made me sad to see him in so much pain. And I can relate. Not on that level, but I have said before in my heart "I will not forgive, such N such" person who hurt me. But I know that I must and I will. It is no fun to think you are going to have to absorb pain. But perhaps it's really a matter of letting it pass right through you and out the back door. Also, we cause a lot of our own pain by creating imagined offenses that other parties never even thought of. That's not always the case, but it is likely often the case.

Very true. But the pain is real nonetheless. One of the things the FasterEFT guy brought home for me is that when memories are causing us pain, it's no longer the people in the memories doing it, it's US. So, whether the offense was real or imagined, it can only cause us pain as long as we keep replaying it in our minds and rehearsing that pain. That puts the ability to heal directly in our hands. It's empowering when we learn how to "flip" those memories and release the pain attached to them.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIG877 View Post
can somebody help me, should a christian woman wait for the christian guy to make a move/ What if he has no confidence or is sht you wait for ever
I've been out of the dating thing for way too long to give advice, so don't take this as advice, just sharing my thoughts.

I know things have changed a lot, and I'm assuming that many guys wouldn't think twice about the woman making the first move. If you feel comfortable with it, then you should do it. If he doesn't like it, then I guess he's not the kind of guy you'd want anyway, right? On the other hand, if you're more of a traditionalist who wouldn't really respect a guy who didn't make the first move, then you shouldn't take that opportunity away from him.

Would you be able to just put it in God's hands and stop worrying about it, do you think? In other words, make a conscious decision to trust that God's perfect person for you will come into your life, and if this guy is him, then whichever way you decide to approach it will work out. Then do what you think is right and then mentally let go of the outcome, trusting that what is supposed to happen, will.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,712,075 times
June, just stopping by and feeling compelled to say that the temperatures here have been in the TEENS!

One shouldn't have to put on a snow suit and full body armor just to go out to get the mail. This weather just isn't fit for man nor beast!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 AM

5,807 posts, read 4,794,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June, just stopping by and feeling compelled to say that the temperatures here have been in the TEENS!

One shouldn't have to put on a snow suit and full body armor just to go out to get the mail. This weather just isn't fit for man nor beast!

Just for you June:

Los Angeles overreacts to cold temps

LOL

Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,712,075 times
Default June has morphed into a snow sculpture:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tpxIg-tQ1X...%2BKENNEDY.jpg

I've succumbed to being an ice sculpture in my back yard.

(Hope this does't impact my moderating!)

Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I've been out of the dating thing for way too long to give advice, so don't take this as advice, just sharing my thoughts.

I know things have changed a lot, and I'm assuming that many guys wouldn't think twice about the woman making the first move. If you feel comfortable with it, then you should do it. If he doesn't like it, then I guess he's not the kind of guy you'd want anyway, right? On the other hand, if you're more of a traditionalist who wouldn't really respect a guy who didn't make the first move, then you shouldn't take that opportunity away from him.

Would you be able to just put it in God's hands and stop worrying about it, do you think? In other words, make a conscious decision to trust that God's perfect person for you will come into your life, and if this guy is him, then whichever way you decide to approach it will work out. Then do what you think is right and then mentally let go of the outcome, trusting that what is supposed to happen, will.
I think that is excellent advice, Pleroo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or