U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,091,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
pcamps, are you from the Old Country? Sounds like it. Next thing you know you'll be getting the bagpipes out. I do like a good song played on those now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwoeBJpcDs
I'm from Blighty(England). Funny you mentioned the bagpipes, I saw someone advertising bagpipe lessons in my home town the other day,never seen bagpipe lessons advertised before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 AM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm from Blighty(England). Funny you mentioned the bagpipes, I saw someone advertising bagpipe lessons in my home town the other day,never seen bagpipe lessons advertised before.
So.....when do you start them?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,757,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
God only knows what you people are eating in front of your computers while posting on City-data! Scary, just plain scary!

http://www.pmcare.com.my/images/eat4.jpg
I do eat in front of the computer monitor (while typing) , as do a lot of people. But I refrain from holding my football and t.v. remote control at the same time! I am so self-controlled!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So.....when do you start them?
I know there's a lot of folk who think my posts are full of wind, but I'm sure I do not have wind in me to get the bagpipes blowing, plus i don't think I'd look good in a kilt

Old 04-11-2013, 06:05 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
Know whatcha mean about kilts. I get teased about my hairless legs when swimming or whatever. People think I shave them, but the hair gets rubbed off by my long pants........SAY! If I wore kilts ALL the time....

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,757,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Yep 4th of July will be ideal..My neighbors tomatoes , green beans, and maybe corn will all be ready along with lots of other good stuff. (I do very little if any gardening)

I will have a big pot of fresh greenbeans with little new potatoes, fresh sweet corn, tomatoes and some fried green tomatoes too.Also some fried cabbage with bacon drippins. Plenty of white cornbread and homemade biscuits .Well I have to cheat just a little on the home made biscuits and use Bisquick But I will invite some of the neighbors who will make the real homemade biscuits
I would think I had died and entered heaven if I sat down to a meal like this. Fried green tomatoes - YUM. White cornbread - amen! Fried cabbage with bacon drippins - and biscuits - my mouth is watering. Green beans with little new potatoes and fresh sweet corn. My grandmother used to fix meals like this when I was a little girl and nothing could compare to the deliciousness of those meals. She grew her own garden - she always had corn, tomatoes, green beans, okra and in the summer it was fresh picked and cooked the same day. I miss her and I miss those grand times we had with her. She's been gone since 1985 I have such vivid and wonderful memories of my grandmother that I cherish. We called her granny. She was the best grandma a kid could have.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 PM

5,804 posts, read 4,785,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I would think I had died and entered heaven if I sat down to a meal like this. Fried green tomatoes - YUM. White cornbread - amen! Fried cabbage with bacon drippins - and biscuits - my mouth is watering. Green beans with little new potatoes and fresh sweet corn. My grandmother used to fix meals like this when I was a little girl and nothing could compare to the deliciousness of those meals. She grew her own garden - she always had corn, tomatoes, green beans, okra and in the summer it was fresh picked and cooked the same day. I miss her and I miss those grand times we had with her. She's been gone since 1985 I have such vivid and wonderful memories of my grandmother that I cherish. We called her granny. She was the best grandma a kid could have.

What great memories!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:53 PM

I tell you what, The Moroccan lamb with olive and fresh peas done in the crock pot served with curried couscous, lovingly made by my beautiful wife was something else. Lamb fell of the bone, gravy was awesome and curried couscous,turned this fussy old bastard into a couscous convert. . It used to be chips(French fries to you yanks) with everything, but its generally wild rice with everything nowadays. I have to watch my waistline.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM

1,092 posts, read 627,051 times
Hi All, hope you have a good Sunday.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 AM

5,804 posts, read 4,785,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
Hi All, hope you have a good Sunday.
You too! It's a beautiful morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or