U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,790,712 times

Advertisements

hey when you guys click on a thread, are the posts now all squeezed to the left side of the screen and then there is white space on the right? or is just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
hey when you guys click on a thread, are the posts now all squeezed to the left side of the screen and then there is white space on the right? or is just me?
I have not experienced this?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM

16,287 posts, read 7,662,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And if you scroll to the top of the page are there not a couple of blocks of text in that space?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM

I don't know. It looks normal until you click on a thread and then there is about 3 inches of white space to the right and the posts are to the left of the white space. It just looks weird. It's probably just my stupid computer.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM

Before you toss that stupid computer check and see if that space is not taken up by "recently visited threads" and "active threads around the forum" up at the top of the page containing posts in the thread.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,586,827 times
There's a thread here: Why is there now a 4-inch margin on the right side of my screen when I open a thread? which discusses this.

I found that by clicking on that tiny circle with an X in it, that the page went back to full width of screen. I stay logged in, usually, so it may be that one has to click it away each time upon logging in.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Woohooo! I di'n know you could x out those boxes I wuz talking about. Guess I can stop watching sparrow's trash for a still good compuer.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,586,827 times
^^

Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:07 AM

20 posts, read 25,502 times
My first post on the friendship thread, hallelujah!! Praise God!! You are worthy of all praise, and I love You more than anyone in the world. You are my Lord and Savior; my Rock of whom I lean on under many circumstances...You saved my life the day I asked for You to have Your way in my life. Let Your will be done in my life, and now I am the one who is reaping. My will was not strong enough, broken down many many a time, w heartache and pain which led to timidness, fear, guilt and sadness. These feelings developed a depression that would last for years and years. There was no hope in sight...planning my own funeral every night became routine. The stress one endures can not go on forever without consequence. Too much of it and my mind couldn't take all the pain, sorrow and anger...I had no options as if stuck in quicksand watching the slow inevitable ride down...Where is my mind?? Is it still here with me?? Crazy thoughts followed by laughter worsened as each day passed. And many days passed and there I was in tears....laughing about only what I knew about which I saw everyday in my head. The last desperate coping mechanism against loads of never-ending stress has begun. How much longer can a person live like this I wonder quite often. I hope my daughter doesn't see this new side of me....but kids are perceptive, and she knows me OMG I think my world is crashing down from above piece, by piece why am I so worn out??...Now it has once again hit the fan and here I am on the street; yet again. I can't do it again. I think I might just give-up. stop caring...see where the wind will take me now. Lord I am your lost son.....and You are all I have left. Please don't be too hard on me, I'm not sure how much more I can take....before I truly break...and have to say goodbye to my daughter...She's already without her mother....the thought of her w/o me is too much to take. I always told myself I wasn't going to be like my father, but look at me now...I'm a hopeless drug addict with an 8 yr old daughter...OMG THIS HAS TO STOP!!! I wake up and it's cold outside...looking for food is my plan, but right now it's not looking too good. A trip to the stop and rob should get me something so I'm already halfway there....and right there is my mother...car filled with food and coffee. I knew I only had one choice, and I new this coincidence was anything but that. The ride was painful for many reasons, and as I looked up we were in the ghetto, at the men's home...where my life would be erased of all that hurt, pain, sorrow and anger.....I've got Jesus with me now, and he's got my back....everything is new...nothing is impossible.

Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or