U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 09:03 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,174,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's what is in their hearts that matter; not that of peer pressure or what others believe.
Often times, it is difficult to let go of the things we are taught, however, for my daughters?
It was having the freedom to express themselves without condemnation; and unconditional love.

"The Mountain air, and an Ocean breeze; can be quite refreshing from the Stressors of this life."

Thanks Jerwade. Yeah, my parents were not big on children expressing themselves and I never wanted to be like that as a parent. Even now my parents shut me down immediately if there's even a hint I might not be in complete agreement with them. It could be their generation, I guess, but they are much like some of the posters here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 PM

60 posts, read 85,169 times
Hi, I'm new here. Have tried out a handful of forums and none have felt like home. This place looks really great tho and I look forward to some great convos.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM

16,287 posts, read 7,659,774 times
Welcome, LunaRabbit. I hope you will enjoy it here. There are some great people and topics and some that drag on and on as well as some that get a tad heated. That's what you get for dealing with people!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:36 AM

13,573 posts, read 21,724,553 times
Hi Luna. We are so glad you joined us and hope you will stay.
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Welcome Luna.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:29 AM

14 posts, read 8,799 times
Hello All, I've been a reader of this forum for over a year now and recently decided to join because I wanted to ask a member of this forum a few questions regarding the creation story in Genesis...and let me tell you, my mind has been turned upside down and I feel that my eyes are starting to open up. Initially, I was skeptical on what was provided...but now, I cannot describe it. It has taken me a few weeks to read, re-read, search some more, then re-read again but I think I am starting to get it. So many thanks to pcamps for pointing me in the general direction.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdperea View Post
Hello All, I've been a reader of this forum for over a year now and recently decided to join because I wanted to ask a member of this forum a few questions regarding the creation story in Genesis...and let me tell you, my mind has been turned upside down and I feel that my eyes are starting to open up. Initially, I was skeptical on what was provided...but now, I cannot describe it. It has taken me a few weeks to read, re-read, search some more, then re-read again but I think I am starting to get it. So many thanks to pcamps for pointing me in the general direction.
Welcome rsdperea. Pcamps has a way of communicating that often helps me to see things in a new light.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Welcome to active participation. It is a joy to see people open up to the message of God's love without the baggage of insupportable doctrines.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM

14 posts, read 8,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Welcome to active participation. It is a joy to see people open up to the message of God's love without the baggage of insupportable doctrines.
And that "IS THE GOOD MESSAGE" that is keeping/turning me away from being agnostic/atheist. I want to thank everyone of you'se that is keeping up the good fight. God is using you as a tool for the ones that have fallen and cannot get up due to ignorance of men. This is my prayer "GOD, I've been fallen, been discouraged, blindsided, bamboozled, tooked, run amoked, hoodwinked by the eternal damnation techniques....but through your grace and willingness, I am NOT down for the count...even though man has declared me a as being down"

Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 PM

^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or