U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 AM

796 posts, read 698,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
feeling kinda down
work,bills, the stress of every day life are all starting to weigh me down
Woooooooo. Pig. Sooie!

I can sure empathize with you. I had to shut down a family owned business and file a personal bankruptcy (giving up cars and home) about 10 years ago. There were times in the last couple of years prior to making the decision to close and bankrupt that I had to deal with severe depression and some very low thoughts. The best thing I found was to find people to talk to about it. Not people who would just tell me everything will be ok but people who would let me vent and get mad and cry and just be there for me.

One very important thing I learned was to keep things in perspective. Once I came to the realization that it was money and things which are nice to have but hold no eternal value it helped me let go of them. Actually the closing of the business and filing bankruptcy was the first steps to getting my life back on track. It was letting those things go that I spent so much time worrying about that can all be replaced. The important things are my relationship with God, my family and my health. It is a journey we must make to find that balanced life to reach and maintain a place where the rough sea's only bounce us around and don't make us sink.

Please know that I will be lifting you up to God in my prayers. May God bless you the peace you need as you journey though the world below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM

28,565 posts, read 15,504,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
feeling kinda down
work,bills, the stress of every day life are all starting to weigh me down
Sorry to hear you are in a down cycle right now.

Elijah is a good person to review as far as someone who was prone to fear and/or discouragement.

Sample

Sample 2

Remember that God can shine through our weaknesses.

Look forward to hearing when you bounce back.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,770,437 times
Apparently this life is much about our ability to accept change. I think this poem speaks to that.
We are changed by that which we gaze upon. That which we look upon in meditation is the image of Him we hold in our
hearts of the One who never changes.

Mutability
BY PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY

I.
We are as clouds that veil the midnight moon;
How restlessly they speed and gleam and quiver,
Streaking the darkness radiantly! yet soon
Night closes round, and they are lost for ever:—

II.
Or like forgotten lyres whose dissonant strings
Give various response to each varying blast,
To whose frail frame no second motion brings
One mood or modulation like the last.

III.
We rest—a dream has power to poison sleep;
We rise—one wandering thought pollutes the day;
We feel, conceive or reason, laugh or weep,
Embrace fond woe, or cast our cares away:—

IV.
It is the same!—For, be it joy or sorrow,
The path of its departure still is free;
Man's yesterday may ne'er be like his morrow;
Nought may endure but Mutability.

Source: The complete poetical works of Percy Bysshe Shell

Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM

7,814 posts, read 10,716,134 times
Utmost sincere and genuine sentiments go out from June, to all, anyone, who is in the midst of feeling and struggling with any form of undue stress. If she could offer more than just her words, she most surely and freely would. But by way of extending whatever words she can possibly provide, with compassion and caring, this:

Take gentle care.

From June.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:15 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,770,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Utmost sincere and genuine sentiments go out from June, to all, anyone, who is in the midst of feeling and struggling with any form of undue stress. If she could offer more than just her words, she most surely and freely would. But by way of extending whatever words she can possibly provide, with compassion and caring, this:

Take gentle care.

From June.
Hi June -

Thank you. This life is often full of troubles. It's nice to see you are still here -- been so long since I have seen you post anything.

I am looking forward to a change of season... anyone else feel that way?

Heartsong

Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,825,850 times
Quote:

Take gentle care.

From June.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 AM

16,307 posts, read 7,686,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaveo77 View Post
Hello to all.
And hello to you. Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 AM

7,814 posts, read 10,716,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hi June -

It's nice to see you are still here -- been so long since I have seen you post anything.

That's because June has spent the last 60 days in the tropics, taking in the sights of cabana boys who have delivered to her unlimited amounts of margaritas, along with numerous marriage proposals. She has avoided the nude beaches due to her own sense of personal modesty, along with the fact that her body is no longer that of a 21 year old.

P.S. Did you receive June's postcard?

Last edited by june 7th; 09-01-2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM

776 posts, read 652,855 times
I think I ate too much during lunch
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM

32,314 posts, read 21,165,114 times
Quote:
That's because June has spent the last 60 days in the tropics, taking in the sights of cabana boys who have delivered to her unlimited amounts of margaritas, along with numerous marriage proposals. She has avoided the nude beaches due to her own sense of personal modesty, along with the fact that her body is no longer that of a 21 year old.

P.S. Did you receive June's postcard?

Hope you was thinking of us riff raff why you were sipping on your margaritas(or chugging on them)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or