U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 02:05 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,183,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I read your post a few days ago and I really wanted to respond but I didn't want to say the wrong thing...

I'm really sorry to hear that "you're no longer a christian"...

There are at least two things that I know for sure after being a christian for many years....
One,... listening to a particular radio station won't save you and simply listening to christian music won't "keep you saved"... and two, if you ever really knew Jesus and you really "were" a christian, you still are.

God has given us free will. We can walk away. We can quench the Spirit and choose not to listen but God promises that He will never give up on us. I can tell you from my own experience that He is faithful to His promise to never leave us or forsake us even when we give up on Him.

I'm so grateful that His love is not like human love....

Hi WC. My initial response to you was perhaps made a little thoughtlessly. I didn't mean anything negative by it at all towards you or towards the radio station; their challenge just struck me as ironically amusing on a personal level.

I don't consider walking away from Christianity the same thing as making a choice to walk away from God, but I understand that you likely don't agree with that. I appreciate your concern, and the time you took to address me in such a kind and respectful way. It's great that you have experienced God's love within the context of your religion, and that you trust that love. I definitely appreciate your loving and caring spirit and wish you all the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 25 days ago)

2,420 posts, read 4,319,868 times
Once we realize we don't have a soul... we are a soul with a body, then maybe, just maybe... that lens we look through seems just a bit clearer.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM

775 posts, read 652,226 times
Kicked back at my mom's place
My power was knocked out by this nasty ice storm

Old 02-05-2014, 09:28 AM

16,293 posts, read 7,672,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Kicked back at my mom's place
My power was knocked out by this nasty ice storm
Count your blessings. Good to have a fallback position when trouble comes.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,904,692 times
I had a revelation this morning. It is better to start the day out by reading the Bible than by watching the news. Today I woke up thirsty and made myself a cup of coffee and turned on the TV to watch it while I drank the coffee.

Yes the weather in the Northern states is really challenging.

No I really don't care what bathrooms are like in Russia. Safety of Americans is important; bathrooms aren't, so stop putting Russia down.

Why is it more important to find who is selling bad drugs just because a movie star died? How about just getting rid of all drug dealers and taking drug traffic seriously enough to close both borders where they are coming from?

I find it sad that the most watched TV show is a ball game? At least one thing good came from this game. They rescued about 15 people from their enslavers. Yeah tells you something about the great bunch that watches the ball games.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,732,062 times
I watch ball games ...but only three teams

Cincinnati Reds baseball, Ohio State football and University of Ky. basketball.
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 02-05-2014, 09:19 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,904,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I watch ball games ...but only three teams

Cincinnati Reds baseball, Ohio State football and University of Ky. basketball.
Haven't seen you for a while. Used to see you all the time. I like to see a good basketball game with either girls or boys. But when the game is over it is time to move forward and let it rest. News people just keep on talking about the game when the only real news is who won. And I really don't care to hear about commercials.

I found the news this morning both boring and depressing. The state of the union is pretty bad from what was being reported this morning. I wanted to say, "Now tell me something nice."

Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,732,062 times
Good to see you too NCN I'm still around but am trying very hard NOT to post anymore
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 AM

40,117 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Good to see you too NCN I'm still around but am trying very hard NOT to post anymore
So sad to hear that, Miss Blue.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
I still lurk...if only to check on cd friends who have become dear to my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or