U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 06:04 PM

5,806 posts, read 4,789,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Testing the Supposed Facebook Photo Link that Allows "outsiders" to see inside your Facebook pictures without actually logging in to Facebook. If it works, this is my son in law and my grandson with their new pet piggy named Penny.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f800687659

Wow! how cute! (all the pics).
That is so cool. Congrats on the new addition of little Penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 02:59 AM

1,614 posts, read 951,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Wow! how cute! (all the pics).
That is so cool. Congrats on the new addition of little Penny.
Thanks, Sparrow for letting me know it works. Sometimes I wish I could share a photo here but it's complicated if you don't have it uploaded to a URL somewhere.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 AM

417 posts, read 987,887 times
Hello all! At last, maybe I've found a place to speak freely. I've been wrestling with pride. Why does popular culture tell us that pride is a good thing to have? It has led me to nothing but grief. The constant impulse to stick up for myself and "fight for my rights". Over the past several weeks I've been practicing humility, and it's isn't so difficult. The difficult thing is tuning out the negativity that the media and popular culture are bombarding me with for finally finding a mindset I feel comfortable with. Pray for me, my friends

Old 10-17-2014, 11:59 AM

25,824 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us2indaup View Post
Hello all! At last, maybe I've found a place to speak freely. I've been wrestling with pride. Why does popular culture tell us that pride is a good thing to have? It has led me to nothing but grief. The constant impulse to stick up for myself and "fight for my rights". Over the past several weeks I've been practicing humility, and it's isn't so difficult. The difficult thing is tuning out the negativity that the media and popular culture are bombarding me with for finally finding a mindset I feel comfortable with. Pray for me, my friends
Being true to oneself reduces stress. "Comfortable" is a pleasant place to be.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:47 PM

16,278 posts, read 7,657,119 times
Humility is or should be an honest assessment of one's self and capabilities.

Pride should be also.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 AM

417 posts, read 987,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Humility is or should be an honest assessment of one's self and capabilities.
Pride should be also.
But does Pride really have any place in a Christian life?? It seems a though it's against everything Jesus taught. I know I am so much happier if I don't feel the pressing need to "stand up for my rights". Jesus taught us that we should turn the other cheek, and that if someone takes our shirt we should give them our jacket as well (paraphrasing there). Yet society tells us to do the exact opposite! To fight to be heard, to protest and debate and argue! I find it so confusing and frustrating!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:06 AM

Why "pride" has a place in Christian life is simply because, when it is an honest assessment, it includes the fact that we are children of God. It's not about what we do because we know who operates in us, but it is a position we are happy to be in and proud of the Father's love.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:39 AM

Well, it took me a few weeks to remember my new password. It is just about impossible to recover your password for City-Data forum. Why is that? Supposedly I could get an email from them to reset it, but the email never came. I still can't go back to using "Heartsong" - but finally remembered the password I chose for "Heart_Song". Yay!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Well, it took me a few weeks to remember my new password. It is just about impossible to recover your password for City-Data forum. Why is that? Supposedly I could get an email from them to reset it, but the email never came. I still can't go back to using "Heartsong" - but finally remembered the password I chose for "Heart_Song". Yay!
I hate to have to say this, but you remind me of myself.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I hate to have to say this, but you remind me of myself.
I RESEMBLE that remark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or