U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,183,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Your a chic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you mean chick as in female human being?

No one is going to give me the satisfaction of solving the riddle, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I have a little house, in which I live all alone.

It has no doors or windows, and I if I want to go out I have to break through a wall.
I'm a CHICK [unhatched].

Bada bum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 10:38 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
No help from me, Pleroo. Sorry. I've always been terrible at solving (and writing) word riddles.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
No help from me, Pleroo. Sorry. I've always been terrible at solving (and writing) word riddles.
Me too. I borrowed that one.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:57 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
Quote:
Me too. I borrowed that one.
When I was a kid if someone gave me a riddle book, I'd open it up, think, "This is hopeless!" and give it to someone who would appreciate it.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:00 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,793,554 times
Quote:

I'm a CHICK [unhatched].

Bada bum.

heehee.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:57 PM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:

I'm a CHICK [unhatched].

Bada bum.

Chic, meaning "stylish" or "smart."
But, we already knew that!

Old 12-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
When I was a kid if someone gave me a riddle book, I'd open it up, think, "This is hopeless!" and give it to someone who would appreciate it.
Why doesn't that surprise me? Always thinking of others, even when you were a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
heehee.
Bless your heart. Thank you for humoring me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Chic, meaning "stylish" or "smart."
But, we already knew that!
Why, thank you.
(That $10 is in the mail.)

Old 12-11-2014, 02:07 PM

14,883 posts, read 4,991,637 times
Quote:

I have a little house, in which I live all alone.

It has no doors or windows, and I if I want to go out I have to break through a wall.

I keep forgetting about this thread and it makes me sad, it looks so fun.

A virgin with child huh.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:23 PM

14,883 posts, read 4,991,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, but it is a source of wonder, who could deny?

There is no other woman but me, and I am a wall.

Maybe it's because I am jealous.

Pleroo

What I meant by wall is what you meant.

A wall is a virgin, if a woman is a wall she is a virgin, if she is an open door, she is not a virgin.

I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.
Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?

I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?

If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar.

I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.
Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.
My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to hear it.

Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices

I really liked your riddle.

May I have another.

A cedar box had to be made the second time Moses came down, this box is an ark of the covenant within a Temple that symbolizes a woman and a veil to show a virgin. But inside the veil is a uterus.

It's what Moses brought down to show them how they were to be born after they failed, had they not failed, they would have been born on that day.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:01 AM

1,614 posts, read 953,112 times
Quote:
Thanks Mystic and Jerwade. I'm feeling all toasty... Those are some powerful thoughts you've got Jerwade.
I never heard that one before, but I like it. Jerwade is a man of proverbs which a type of being a man of letters in the world of literature. He maketh his own sometimes and they are worthy to ponder and appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or