Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 08:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
She looks it. You're a dark horse Jerwade, what is the deal with you/.
I cultivate the garden, while living in the mansion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 07:18 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hey blue. I'm curious about your story. Are you a former Christian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If I remember correctly yes with a twist, she has a couple daughters who are Angelican Priest.
Thanks CSD. I'm not familiar with the Anglicans. Since they have female priests, I will assume they are quite different from the conservative, fundamentalish sect of my upbringing .

Bluecheese, do you find your daughters to be accepting of your deconversion, then?

Old 11-23-2015, 07:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks CSD. I'm not familiar with the Anglicans. Since they have female priests, I will assume they are quite different from the conservative, fundamentalish sect of my upbringing .

Bluecheese, do you find your daughters to be accepting of your deconversion, then?
Oh, hey, never mind. I just read what you said on another thread:

Quote:
Because I was unfortunate enough to be brought up by Biblical literalist parents who believed in the 'you must be 'saved' or else' nasty dogma! I was even a 'born again' for a little while as a kid, until I realised that none of it was credible. I have no problem with the live and let live moderate Christians like my own three children, but do have a great problem with those who threaten others with hell if they don't convert. I will always challenge that dogma wherever I find it on forums such as this one.
I do have another question then ... Do you find the belief that Jesus is still alive (which is held by all Christians, even Anglicans I assume) a part of the destructive dogma that you need to challenge then? Personally, I'm of the opinion that Jesus is as alive or dead as the rest of humanity who have physically died. IF there is an afterlife, then Jesus (to the extent that the Jesus of the bible is a historically accurate portrayal of a real person) is partaking in that now, otherwise obviously not. No way to know for sure.

However, in a sense it doesn't matter. In the minds of many people Jesus is very much alive and WITH them, therefore the influence Jesus has on them is a living thing. The question is, as I see it, is that influence a positive or a negative thing, and I don't think one can know that without knowing at least a bit about the person and what they actually believe. What do you think?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:30 PM

Tickling one's ears is widespread, and has reached epidemic proportions!

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-03-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 12-04-2015, 04:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
If anyone is looking for a great book to give to someone for Christmas, then The Way to Love by Anthony De Mello is the one, make sure you order yourself a copy too. It's a very small book in size, but packed with enormous power. It's difficult to read more than a couple of pages at a time. I have owned it for about 3 and half months and bought it to read on a flight to the UK, haven't got half way through it yet(180 pages), planning on having another bash at it in a weeks time when I fly over there again.

Kingdom Health Warning - It will literally tear down your prison walls

Old 12-05-2015, 09:38 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
https://youtu.be/5Vwu-t7QRaE Be surprised with a wonderful gift!

Old 12-06-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
https://youtu.be/5Vwu-t7QRaE Be surprised with a wonderful gift!
There is nothing wrong with believing something, it's what we do with it that matters.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-09-2015, 03:14 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. Use to post awhile back but life got busy. This is a funny, positive thread, glad I found it. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Sandramoore66

Old 12-10-2015, 09:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Welcome back, and welcome to the thread.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
If you are still struggling to buy something for your favorite English poster for Christmas, he's quite partial to L**dt chocolate. Merry Christmas(Whatever that means) by the way to all who post on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity