U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,847,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Not exactly sure we have hot lemondade here in New England..(Does 'just June' just boil/heat the stuff up?
Just make it the way you would any other lemonade, only a little stronger, and sweetened only with honey, and using very hot water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Just make it the way you would any other lemonade, only a little stronger, and sweetened only with honey, and using very hot water.
The ^^^ works for me always...except I add fresh oregano leaves (Coleus aromaticus Benth) when boiling the water...then removed after the essence is absorbed...

Ingredients:
Lemon
Honey
Oregano
1 cup boiled water.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 PM

WoW! I'll have to try that!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,700,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Cut down on the Earl Grey tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I take sudafed severe cold formula, zicam, chinese herbs, cold care tea, and anything else I can get my hands on!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I add fresh oregano leaves (Coleus aromaticus Benth) when boiling the water...then removed after the essence is absorbed.
Holy crap (June thinks to herself, because she's a heathen and can think that!) how incredibly caring have you all been in rushing to "just June's" just ailing aide!? Many and numerous thanks go out to all the above!

The good news is that (against her own will, of course!) June cancelled her caseload for tomorrow, in order to come down on the side of (oh, heaven forbid!) "taking care of herself." (We shrinks hate that line...)

The bad news is that in June's germ-infected and affirmed state, the following, below, is actually starting to make sense to the "Slash" for which she thanks God, for Nana!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Now then 'Slash', listen to me. 30 minutes before going to bed fill a tumbler glass one-third full of whiskey and then fill to the top with very hot lemonade. Drink it while it is as hot as you can stand. It won't do Jack for your cold of course but damn, you sure will sleep well.
June: Still alilve, still trying, and no doubt, back tomorrow....Hopefully. (This is the "Christianity forum", after all, is it not???)

Old 08-11-2010, 09:12 PM

June, we need to get you started on bee pollen. . . .

Old 08-12-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:

Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
June just wants to know: Is bee pollen a curative, or a preventative measure?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
June just wants to know: Is bee pollen a curative, or a preventative measure?

Both, they claim. I have no reason not to believe it. Apparently, bee pollen carries in it the stuff that keeps us from getting sick as well as the stuff that keeps us from being effected by the allergies of the area where the bee pollen was collected. One has to be careful to get it from their area, although getting it from somewhere else will still be somewhat beneficial.

I think I need to go on it. Thinking of going up to my nearby health food store to get it.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Both, they claim. I have no reason not to believe it. Apparently, bee pollen carries in it the stuff that keeps us from getting sick as well as the stuff that keeps us from being effected by the allergies of the area where the bee pollen was collected. One has to be careful to get it from their area, although getting it from somewhere else will still be somewhat beneficial.

I think I need to go on it. Thinking of going up to my nearby health food store to get it.
June: anti-biotics.

--Does bee pollen help with bronchitis?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
June: anti-biotics.

--Does bee pollen help with bronchitis?
Rats. I wish I knew. If one listens to those who use it, they will say it cures everything! And I am sure you have heard of those who deliberately inject themselves with the bees' stings? That cures everything from arthritis to polio, they say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or