U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 05:10 PM

16,261 posts, read 7,650,467 times

Advertisements

Sitting quietly seems the best, and in a way that's "processing" too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 08:19 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,906,848 times
Got married to a super exotically beautiful woman back in March of last year. She is from Guyana. Was a long distance relationship for a total of just two months under 3 years. Finally have her here with me for a month now. Life's great!

Oh, as for Guyana, it is more than Jim Jones. VERY interesting country. It's Africa and India without going as far as those two land masses. It is for the intrepid type and those who love wide opened spaces, deep jungles, waterfalls, massive rivers and such,

Old 06-27-2016, 03:38 AM

14,794 posts, read 4,966,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Got married to a super exotically beautiful woman back in March of last year. She is from Guyana. Was a long distance relationship for a total of just two months under 3 years. Finally have her here with me for a month now. Life's great!

Oh, as for Guyana, it is more than Jim Jones. VERY interesting country. It's Africa and India without going as far as those two land masses. It is for the intrepid type and those who love wide opened spaces, deep jungles, waterfalls, massive rivers and such,

Wow, life is something aint it, you seem to be living it, here's to you.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Unspeakable love coming your way.

Remember the special moments.
Yeah, double that from me if you will Jewade, I mean to Pleroo.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, that's funny. I never saw a person die until my dad. The whole family had gathered around him for the days preceding his death. At the end, though, it was just a few of us. When it was over, I said to those with me: I feel like we were doulas, coaching him through his labor. It literally felt like a birth. So, when I hear bits and pieces about my brother's process over the last few days, I understand it in that framework. It has been a labor of love, for everyone there, I'm sure.
I say it was a birth and I don't care if you believe me, he got birthed into a big warm light of love.

Thas what I really believe, so there!

Old 06-27-2016, 03:48 AM

I pretty much believe that when people die, they suddenly remember who they were before they were on this Earth and the Lord comes up and says,'' Do you understand now?''

Like we were sent down here just to gain a perspective, that's all.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:39 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,167,734 times
Thank you, Hannibal.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:38 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I just received the news that one of those "difficult things" I mentioned, has come upon us much, much sooner than any of us expected. My heart aches. So much heartbreak in the past months. I know it's simply a part of the human experience, and time will bring healing. But today is a day for tears.
What happened old thing??

Old 06-28-2016, 08:33 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,167,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What happened old thing??
An old goat demanded that I provide verifiable evidence for God.

Thanks for your dm, Raf.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 AM

13,493 posts, read 4,990,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I pretty much believe that when people die, they suddenly remember who they were before they were on this Earth and the Lord comes up and says,'' Do you understand now?''

Like we were sent down here just to gain a perspective, that's all.

Heaven, to me, is others loving (loving = no judging) you until you can forgive yourself. It's funny, I may be in it right now, I have a normal crazy family, but just as I think I will be ok I do something stupid again.

yes, I agree with that last line. We are the universe having a human experience.

pelroo

It's like walking out into a warm rain when you see isn't it. My shift happened while starring at the periodic table and running the standard model, chemistry, and bio (the cell) through my head. Oh my god ... OMFG ... that's the image. Its ME!!!! That's our looking glass.

That's when I understood it can't be any other way, there must be "something". All lines of logic start there, at the P.T.. It is incomplete but it's all we have. And it's as real as it gets.

I find you and trout so amazing because everything you guys say can be directly linked to the P.T. peroid, for me ...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or