U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2016, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,346 posts, read 1,357,734 times
Reputation: 2649

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I maybe dying from second hand hair spray, got married in the 80's to a big o'll haired woman.

LOL I'd blame my chronic bronchitis on my sister, I've had it since I was then, but that would be mean and not true haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2016, 01:32 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
595 posts, read 228,404 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
LOL I'd blame my chronic bronchitis on my sister, I've had it since I was then, but that would be mean and not true haha.
I had something like that for many years. It finally gave me hernias.

I don't know if this will help but...

My understanding of what was going on evolved. It started with an actual case of bronchitis where I was really sick for a couple days but the cough lingered for years. I thought maybe it was asthma but the evidence really didn't agree with this. I finally decided it was an habitual cough. Coughing irritates the mucus membranes of your lungs causing you to cough more. So I finally decided that I just wasn't going to cough any more. I would use cough drops drops to help but a large part of it was pure determination do anything I could to make myself stop coughing.

It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,346 posts, read 1,357,734 times
Reputation: 2649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
I had something like that for many years. It finally gave me hernias.

I don't know if this will help but...

My understanding of what was going on evolved. It started with an actual case of bronchitis where I was really sick for a couple days but the cough lingered for years. I thought maybe it was asthma but the evidence really didn't agree with this. I finally decided it was an habitual cough. Coughing irritates the mucus membranes of your lungs causing you to cough more. So I finally decided that I just wasn't going to cough any more. I would use cough drops drops to help but a large part of it was pure determination do anything I could to make myself stop coughing.

It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.
I have an inhaler that helps, but it makes me jittery for some reason, jumpy kindy. I was at church the Sunday before last, and my Pastor came up behind me and put his arm around me to hug me. I nearly jumped out of my skin lol. So I try not to use it much. This is kinda gross, but if I try to keep from coughing when a coughing fit hits, I end up blowing snot everywhere, because I end up "coughing" through my nose lol. I'll keep trying the "determined to not cough" thing though. Thank you Mitchell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,172,359 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
I had something like that for many years. It finally gave me hernias.

I don't know if this will help but...

My understanding of what was going on evolved. It started with an actual case of bronchitis where I was really sick for a couple days but the cough lingered for years. I thought maybe it was asthma but the evidence really didn't agree with this. I finally decided it was an habitual cough. Coughing irritates the mucus membranes of your lungs causing you to cough more. So I finally decided that I just wasn't going to cough any more. I would use cough drops drops to help but a large part of it was pure determination do anything I could to make myself stop coughing.

It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.
Funny, I was just listening yesterday to a podcast about how parasites manipulate our behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,278 posts, read 7,657,119 times
Reputation: 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
I had something like that for many years. It finally gave me hernias.
....
It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.
Food for thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,824 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Reputation: 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Funny, I was just listening yesterday to a podcast about how parasites manipulate our behavior.
I think they were probably referring to politicians and religious leaders.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 11:15 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,172,359 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think they were probably referring to politicians and religious leaders.



Zing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 08:33 PM
 
32,427 posts, read 17,766,753 times
Reputation: 35032
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I have an inhaler that helps, but it makes me jittery for some reason, jumpy kindy. I was at church the Sunday before last, and my Pastor came up behind me and put his arm around me to hug me. I nearly jumped out of my skin lol. So I try not to use it much. This is kinda gross, but if I try to keep from coughing when a coughing fit hits, I end up blowing snot everywhere, because I end up "coughing" through my nose lol. I'll keep trying the "determined to not cough" thing though. Thank you Mitchell!
I had to LOL at that! Thank you. <wipes down keyboard>


I had a landlady once who was very skinny and sickly looking. She would cough a 100 times just while I was paying the rent. It was weird, like it was out of habit and it was sickening because she would not always cover her mouth. I hated even touching the receipt she gave me for paying the rent. Ew.

Her house was really dirty too. With cats and the aroma of cat litter boxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,691,779 times
Reputation: 5948
I can't use hair spray or perfume around my hubby, I need to go into another room before spraying those. I don't use them very much so that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 11:16 PM
 
20,404 posts, read 9,831,311 times
Reputation: 1677
The Power of Hair Spray.



L'Oreal Elnett 'Cheryl Cole' | Framestore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top