Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 12:33 AM

31,374 posts, read 19,996,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I can still remember the smell of the aquanet from the mid-1960s. I used to feel sorry for my older sisters. They had to go through all that just to walk to school.

She sat in front of me in Grade 10 history. I remember, because I couldn't see the blackboard without standing or craning my head.

Could toss a pencil or pen in her hair and it would stick.

She didn't appreciate it as much as I did, though. I found if I was was really stealthy, I could place 3 or 4 into various places in that helmet of hair before she noticed.

It was worth the swat.

Besides, she usually missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 AM

22,745 posts, read 10,204,915 times
Woe is you if you wasn't a kid living in the 60's, pure magic.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:59 AM

6,851 posts, read 2,809,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
i think they were probably referring to politicians and religious leaders.

Too funny. Probably true.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I had to LOL at that! Thank you. <wipes down keyboard>

I had a landlady once who was very skinny and sickly looking. She would cough a 100 times just while I was paying the rent. It was weird, like it was out of habit and it was sickening because she would not always cover her mouth. I hated even touching the receipt she gave me for paying the rent. Ew.

Her house was really dirty too. With cats and the aroma of cat litter boxes.
Oh, that's nasty. I always cover my mouth when I cough. You rented a place from a cat lady? Yikes.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
*pets her mongoose*

I missed that by like four years. Being born in 1973.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
Quote:
It WAS an amazing time.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:52 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,996,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
*pets her mongoose*

I missed that by like four years. Being born in 1973.
That's the year I got married for the first time.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's the year I got married for the first time.

1982 was my first beloved demon witch shotgun wedding, good times, good times.

I was just a kid in the 60's, born in 61, dang Trout, you must have had all the fun in the world, I am jealous now, and still, being a kid in the 60's was still so magical. Elvis, the Kennedys, landed on the moon{I mean, at least I think we did lol.}

Mohamed Ali was my favorite, him and that Nastase Tennis player, remember him Trout?{early 70's though}

A man after your own heart, freaking screaming and cursing, I could see you doing that and the whole world became fans, man I loved that dude.

It was the beginning of video games.

Above all these this was the hairstyles and the changing attitudes of woman and they big heads.

I swear that they just don't make women like they used to, those beautiful women in the 60's, I mean is it just me or did the body of women evolve?

You just don't see women with the same kind of bodies like it was in the 60's, sounds wrong, but I can't help believing it, I see one of those old 60's movies and it just seems like women are not build the same anymore.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,449,216 times
Quote:
It was even better with older siblings. As a small child I remember watching older sisters go nuts over Beatles in mid-60s and the music from Motown!!! Remember Diana Ross? Love Child! Wow, out of this world.

Then by the late 60s I was listening to Jethro Tull's Cross-Eyed Mary. You are correct, the 60s were a great time to grow up. Even TV was fantastic. The Munter's, Adam's Family, Get Smart, Twilight Zone, etc.

Today's drivel on TV is pretty sad in comparison. Although I never get tired of nature documentaries.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
It was even better with older siblings. As a small child I remember watching older sisters go nuts over Beatles in mid-60s and the music from Motown!!! Remember Diana Ross? Love Child! Wow, out of this world.

Then by the late 60s I was listening to Jethro Tull's Cross-Eyed Mary. You are correct, the 60s were a great time to grow up. Even TV was fantastic. The Munter's, Adam's Family, Get Smart, Twilight Zone, etc.

Today's drivel on TV is pretty sad in comparison. Although I never get tired of nature documentaries.
You are really starting to grow on me.

I had two older sisters, nothing ever be like Motown, best music ever made in the 60s, One thing I like so much about my daughter is her choices in music, she should be a D J.

She hardly plays anything but 60s music, and then to be crushed and betrayed by my two sons growing up on rap, those poor boys must be retarded but at least my daughter cool, me and her mock the boys lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity