U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 PM

20,350 posts, read 9,815,907 times

Advertisements

Eight-track tapes, and a 1967 Chevelle SS 396.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 11:13 PM

14,776 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Eight-track tapes, and a 1967 Chevelle SS 396.
60s cars were really cool until that 1973 RX7 cougar came out, they never made a car like it before or since. Doing 30 miles an hour, you could smoke the tires and go so fast you aint believing it.

1979 was my year, I had a 1979 Black Eldorado Cadillac with black leather seats and that car was the last good Cadillac. I would do anything to be in that Car one more time.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:22 PM

25,770 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are really starting to grow on me.

I had two older sisters, nothing ever be like Motown, best music ever made in the 60s, One thing I like so much about my daughter is her choices in music, she should be a D J.

She hardly plays anything but 60s music, and then to be crushed and betrayed by my two sons growing up on rap, those poor boys must be retarded but at least my daughter cool, me and her mock the boys lol.
I'm a geek on pop music from the late 50s into the 80s - with specialization in the 60s and 70s - and a huge fan of Motown. The Four Tops were my favourite but I loved them all.

And Detroit wasn't just famous for Motown. Mitch Ryder and Bob Seger hailed from there and left a helluva mark on pop/rock music world-wide.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:39 AM

14,776 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm a geek on pop music from the late 50s into the 80s - with specialization in the 60s and 70s - and a huge fan of Motown. The Four Tops were my favourite but I loved them all.

And Detroit wasn't just famous for Motown. Mitch Ryder and Bob Seger hailed from there and left a helluva mark on pop/rock music world-wide.

Bob Seger is like up there with the best, my daughter is always playing Seger. I listened to it so much, too much. Seger was my wife's favorite.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:46 AM

20,350 posts, read 9,815,907 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppGxoW5nSg

Old 07-25-2016, 03:56 AM

32,418 posts, read 17,758,078 times
Quote:
60s cars were really cool until that 1973 RX7 cougar came out, they never made a car like it before or since. Doing 30 miles an hour, you could smoke the tires and go so fast you aint believing it.
The first time I drove my 65 Mustang I was getting on the freeway, and noticed I was doing almost 90 mph in 3rd gear. When I shifted to 4th my tires got scratch. I was in teenager heaven.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,164,467 times
I dig.
You dig.
She dig.
He dig.
They dig.
We dig.

It's not a beautiful poem,
But it's deep.

- unknown

Old 07-25-2016, 11:21 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,680,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
It was even better with older siblings. As a small child I remember watching older sisters go nuts over Beatles in mid-60s and the music from Motown!!! Remember Diana Ross? Love Child! Wow, out of this world.

Then by the late 60s I was listening to Jethro Tull's Cross-Eyed Mary. You are correct, the 60s were a great time to grow up. Even TV was fantastic. The Munter's, Adam's Family, Get Smart, Twilight Zone, etc.

Today's drivel on TV is pretty sad in comparison. Although I never get tired of nature documentaries.
Why do you think 60s music is still played on radio, etc?

Old 07-26-2016, 02:14 AM

32,418 posts, read 17,758,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I dig.
You dig.
She dig.
He dig.
They dig.
We dig.

It's not a beautiful poem,
But it's deep.

- unknown
I can dig it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why do you think 60s music is still played on radio, etc?

Because the 60s were pure rock and roll. I love Youtube. Seriously. There is so much music out there on Youtube. Deep Purple playing Lazy Live. On and on and on. Just fantastic music. I have apple tv and my tv is hooked up to my stereo. I live in the country, so I can BLAST my music.

Just looking at this poster makes me hear her voice singing in my head.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:05 PM

595 posts, read 227,986 times
Quote:
Woe is you if you wasn't a kid living in the 60's, pure magic.
Quote:
1982 was my first beloved demon witch shotgun wedding, good times, good times.

I was just a kid in the 60's, born in 61, dang Trout, you must have had all the fun in the world, I am jealous now, and still, being a kid in the 60's was still so magical. Elvis, the Kennedys, landed on the moon{I mean, at least I think we did lol.}
At first I wasn't sure what you meant by being a kid in the 60's. I would have thought it meant being a teen in the 60s, because younger children mostly live in world of their own. But I was born the same year as you were, 1961. I think of myself as more of a child of the 60's. Free love and smoking pot was my parents. Though I did participate in a peace march and there was a commune my father took us to. And then there was the Yellow Submarine (Beatles) and Me and My Arrow (Harry Nilsson) to light the way with music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Today's drivel on TV is pretty sad in comparison.
People don't watch TV anymore not on an actual TV set. Everyone has their own separate entertainment in their hand or on their own screen with online games and shows streaming live. But while I enjoyed those old shows, they can grate nowdays with archaic techniques and attitudes. There have been great shows in the meantime too. And while you may need to search for them, there are good things made now, more than ever. It is more a matter that everyone goes their own way and finds what only interesting to them. Me? I am watching "Stranger Things" right now on Putlocker. It is a TV show made by Netflix.

Last edited by mitchellmckain; 07-31-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or