U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM

7,461 posts, read 6,877,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Rats. I wish I knew. If one listens to those who use it, they will say it cures everything! And I am sure you have heard of those who deliberately inject themselves with the bees' stings? That cures everything from arthritis to polio, they say!
I remember reading articles years ago about bee sting injections to help with such things as paralysis, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't want to have a bunch of bees stinging my lungs at the moment, however!

June's new mantra: "God bless antibiotics!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,339,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I remember reading articles years ago about bee sting injections to help with such things as paralysis, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't want to have a bunch of bees stinging my lungs at the moment, however!

June's new mantra: "God bless antibiotics!"
Dropped by just to say, "Hope you're feeling better today...

Take gentle "antibiotics" care!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:50 PM

1,577 posts, read 978,823 times
June,
Do you live in one of those fine old houses I have heard so much about? I have been jealous of those. They make my over-100-year-old house look like an infant!

Old 08-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
June,
Do you live in one of those fine old houses I have heard so much about? I have been jealous of those. They make my over-100-year-old house look like an infant!
June lives in a typical New England cape. It's also not as old as yours. It's a really cool house, though. There's a 'secret passage way' between the sitting room upstairs, and one of the other bedrooms. It actually is accessible through a little door, and you can walk through the inside of the house in the eves to get into the other room. I think the original builders of the house must have had small children who could sneak to and fro into one another's bedrooms. Very cool.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 AM

I love it! Our house has that, too, but most of the accesses were cut off, and there remains only one truly usable door. They filled the other accesses (except for one) with cabinets and drawers, which we needed anyway. The one that is still accessible comes out directly above the stairs, and one can only use it with a ladder. Reminds me of the books I have read about WWII Germany and Holland -- Anne Frank-type books.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:21 AM

15,810 posts, read 8,033,477 times
When I was little, I used to have dreams all the time that there were secret passage ways all over my house! Then I'd wake up and be disappointed that they weren't really there...

Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When I was little, I used to have dreams all the time that there were secret passage ways all over my house! Then I'd wake up and be disappointed that they weren't really there...
Oh! i had such dreams, and a few years ago, I asked my oldest sister about the dreams, and they were true!!! Our childhood home had a "secret stair case" that was both unlit and unpainted, and many didn't know it existed. I must have found it once as a toddler, because my sister said it was demolished when I was age two. There were many mysteries in that old house -- not just that one staircase!

Old 08-15-2010, 05:44 PM

15,810 posts, read 8,033,477 times
Quote:
Oh! i had such dreams, and a few years ago, I asked my oldest sister about the dreams, and they were true!!! Our childhood home had a "secret stair case" that was both unlit and unpainted, and many didn't know it existed. I must have found it once as a toddler, because my sister said it was demolished when I was age two. There were many mysteries in that old house -- not just that one staircase!
Do you think my mom will be upset with me if I start tearing down the walls in her house to see if I can find a secret passage way?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you think my mom will be upset with me if I start tearing down the walls in her house to see if I can find a secret passage way?
Only if they're wall papered.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:39 PM

12,375 posts, read 14,531,286 times
Well we just tore out a bunch of our walls and the only secret passage we found was one in the lower level den where the field mice came in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity