U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 08:06 PM

16,288 posts, read 7,662,298 times

Advertisements

Yellow Submarine was indeed a benchmark. It must have had about the same impact on you that Blackboard Jungle did on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 PM

595 posts, read 228,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yellow Submarine was indeed a benchmark. It must have had about the same impact on you that Blackboard Jungle did on me.
Frankly I think the other one had more influence on me. Just hunted it up on You Tube and watched it again, called "The Point", narrated by Dustin Hoffman. Date on the film was 1971, so it has been 45 years.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Frankly I think the other one had more influence on me. Just hunted it up on You Tube and watched it again, called "The Point", narrated by Dustin Hoffman. Date on the film was 1971, so it has been 45 years.
Ah, well, you were younger too. Yellow Submarine was a revelation to me, music wise.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:59 AM

14,844 posts, read 4,979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
At first I wasn't sure what you meant by being a kid in the 60's. I would have thought it meant being a teen in the 60s, because younger children mostly live in world of their own. But I was born the same year as you were, 1961. I think of myself as more of a child of the 60's. Free love and smoking pot was my parents. Though I did participate in a peace march and there was a commune my father took us to. And then there was the Yellow Submarine (Beatles) and Me and My Arrow (Harry Nilsson) to light the way with music.

People don't watch TV anymore not on an actual TV set. Everyone has their own separate entertainment in their hand or on their own screen with online games and shows streaming live. But while I enjoyed those old shows, they can grate nowdays with archaic techniques and attitudes. There have been great shows in the meantime too. And while you may need to search for them, there are good things made now, more than ever. It is more a matter that everyone goes their own way and finds what only interesting to them. Me? I am watching "Stranger Things" right now on Putlocker. It is a TV show made by Netflix.
Cool beans, same year huh.

My mom was just turning Christian and became a fundi.

I grew up hosting fire parties where mom had everyone bring they evil music like Led Zepplin to burn them in a fire{God forbid}. I did have a unique life though, we always took people in. If you came into town and had no place to live, the cops would bring you to our house. The people who came an lived with us were hippies so that was cool.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 913 times
Non -Debate Friendship Thread-852.gif

Old 08-02-2016, 02:48 PM

Hi Teddy48, and welcome. Just a heads up in case you missed it: you need to check out posting copyrighted materiel in the "terms of service" and perhaps get with a moderator about taking care of the proper acknowledgements in your posts.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:53 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Hi Teddy48, and welcome. Just a heads up in case you missed it: you need to check out posting copyrighted materiel in the "terms of service" and perhaps get with a moderator about taking care of the proper acknowledgements in your posts.
I'd settle for a Dentist with the ability, knowledge, and skill to do something successfully.
Otherwise, I will have to start sucking on fruity-vegetable gummy bears in the future.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:46 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times

Which would you identify with?

Present a timetable and stick to it.
Allow time for things to flow naturally.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:50 PM

14,844 posts, read 4,979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Which would you identify with?

Present a timetable and stick to it.
Allow time for things to flow naturally.

Any qualified professional vacationer would tell anyone not to plan anything.

There are no timetables.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-21-2016 at 11:00 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 09:30 AM

25,846 posts, read 13,431,022 times
Speaking of timetables...I am one of the most disorganized people on the planet. I was tested in University and on a percentile ranking, I scored 4 (out of a theoretical 100) in organizational ability. Meaning 96% of the population ranked above me in that department. Things like schedules and lists and appointments can be a nightmare.

Obviously, I was young then, 21 or 22. And I've improved over the decades. Pretty sure if I took it now, I could double that score...

If there was a real God, he would have sent me a life-long secretary....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or