U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,848,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you think my mom will be upset with me if I start tearing down the walls in her house to see if I can find a secret passage way?
Oh! Go for it! And if you don't find some, make some! Every house needs some mystery; the sterile ones aren't worth the mortgage.

By the way, this past summer, we had a family reunion of our siblings, all of us meeting in the midwest (USA). We all came, except for one sister. My sister gave each one of us a rubber skeleton with the instruction to hang it in one of our closets. When I open the door to that closet, I not only remember a most fabulous reunion with the greatest people (we had not been together in more than 52 years), but I can remember those who were, indeed, skeletons in our closets: some with a grin and some with a finally-dying snarl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,006,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Well we just tore out a bunch of our walls and the only secret passage we found was one in the lower level den where the field mice came in
We seem to have those types of passages in our house here! The night my in-laws came in to town to stay with us, we played the oh so fun game "Let's try and catch the mice before we go to bed!" Luckily, it seemed they were coming in from our dryer vent because we didn't have a cover for it yet. Knock on wood but we haven't had a mouse since we covered it!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 AM

7,812 posts, read 10,704,138 times
...Been rather quiet around here lately....

Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 AM

We are all sufferin' in the summer heat! At least i got some sleep last night! Around here, most of us don't need air conditioning. We are rethinking that.

"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'" ~~Sydney J. Harris

And when I hear someone complain about getting older, I remind them of the alternative ~~ VelcroQueen

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,006,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Oh! Go for it! And if you don't find some, make some! Every house needs some mystery; the sterile ones aren't worth the mortgage.

By the way, this past summer, we had a family reunion of our siblings, all of us meeting in the midwest (USA). We all came, except for one sister. My sister gave each one of us a rubber skeleton with the instruction to hang it in one of our closets. When I open the door to that closet, I not only remember a most fabulous reunion with the greatest people (we had not been together in more than 52 years), but I can remember those who were, indeed, skeletons in our closets: some with a grin and some with a finally-dying snarl.
I didn't see this until today - I had written my post at the same time so I missed yours!

What a great story! Skeletons in the closet!

As for me - lately, I've been lazy and tired. On Saturday - I went on a 4.5 mile run outside (very hot and hilly) and then I swam back and forth in the lake. I do these two things by themselves all the time - but I decided to do one right after the other. I thought the swim would be refreshing after the run - and I went on a shorter run so that I would still have energy to swim. Well, that was Saturday. It's Wednesday and my body is still recovering!!! Funny - I did Cats in the heat and danced by bottom off - and that didn't hit me as hard as my Saturday cardio!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 AM

Honey, you're just Way Too Energetic! I would think myself magical if I just ran around the block!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I didn't see this until today - I had written my post at the same time so I missed yours!

What a great story! Skeletons in the closet!

As for me - lately, I've been lazy and tired. On Saturday - I went on a 4.5 mile run outside (very hot and hilly) and then I swam back and forth in the lake. I do these two things by themselves all the time - but I decided to do one right after the other. I thought the swim would be refreshing after the run - and I went on a shorter run so that I would still have energy to swim. Well, that was Saturday. It's Wednesday and my body is still recovering!!! Funny - I did Cats in the heat and danced by bottom off - and that didn't hit me as hard as my Saturday cardio!!!

Please bottle some of that energy and send it my way.... Its to hot to do any outside exercise here or that is my latest excuse. This fall I start walking everyday!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM

7,812 posts, read 10,704,138 times
Friday: The best day of the week!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM

823 posts, read 1,121,448 times
Default God Answered His Prayers

I have been spending a lot of time at our cottageat the lake this Summer. It has been wonderful to be away from technology but now I am suffering and playing catch up with work.

Just wanted to say. I have talked about my 17 year old son with OCD before on this forum. He is my inspiration and he truly tries to live his life the way Jesus did. He never gossips about anyone, he never lies, he just loves everybody and helps around the house too - whatever I ask of him. I honestly don't know how I raised such a beautiful boy. I truly believe there was just something about him from the moment he was born.

He belongs to a Christian Rock band and just graduated from high school this past June. They are quite a good band and have a great fan base so far. He has been praying to God night and day for something good to happen for them. They have talked about saving their money and going on tour. We just recently found out that his band is leaving on a jet plane from Vancouver to Toronto and will be touring for 4 months all expenses paid. They will visit high schools in Eastern Canada & the US with a non for profit association. The boys will perform in concert, share their stories of their strengths, their weaknesses, and about the reasons why they have chosen to make a difference. They are not allowed to mention "God" but the students will most likely know what they are talking about.

I will miss him dearly and I hope that he will be able to manage his OCD without my motherly reassurances. He has never been away from home or from me for more than a week. I know he will miss us and us him. Please keep the boys from "Bondless" in your prayers on their journey to help youth in North America. I'm going to miss him but very excited for him at the same time.

He said that God has answered his prayers.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 PM

21,959 posts, read 22,118,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I have been spending a lot of time at our cottageat the lake this Summer. It has been wonderful to be away from technology but now I am suffering and playing catch up with work.

Just wanted to say. I have talked about my 17 year old son with OCD before on this forum. He is my inspiration and he truly tries to live his life the way Jesus did. He never gossips about anyone, he never lies, he just loves everybody and helps around the house too - whatever I ask of him. I honestly don't know how I raised such a beautiful boy. I truly believe there was just something about him from the moment he was born.

He belongs to a Christian Rock band and just graduated from high school this past June. They are quite a good band and have a great fan base so far. He has been praying to God night and day for something good to happen for them. They have talked about saving their money and going on tour. We just recently found out that his band is leaving on a jet plane from Vancouver to Toronto and will be touring for 4 months all expenses paid. They will visit high schools in Eastern Canada & the US with a non for profit association. The boys will perform in concert, share their stories of their strengths, their weaknesses, and about the reasons why they have chosen to make a difference. They are not allowed to mention "God" but the students will most likely know what they are talking about.

I will miss him dearly and I hope that he will be able to manage his OCD without my motherly reassurances. He has never been away from home or from me for more than a week. I know he will miss us and us him. Please keep the boys from "Bondless" in your prayers on their journey to help youth in North America. I'm going to miss him but very excited for him at the same time.

He said that God has answered his prayers.
That is so wonderful, SisterKat! It certainly does sound like God answered his prayers. I'm excited for him and very happy for you. By the way, it's good to see you again. I've been wondering where you'd gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or