U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM

139 posts, read 171,918 times

Advertisements

thanks

The thing is that, if i even have a thought that something bad could happen to her.. i feel horrible inside.. i cant stand the thought of her being hurt in any way.. it hurts me to even think it..
i jsut can't quite understand the reason for my feeling and treating her this way.. i dont rememeber any particular event that happened to make us be soo distant..I want to know the reason and i want to fix it more than anything in the world.. i love my family and i really dislike feeling this way.
I guess i jsut have to trust in the most high and follow his direction and he will lead me out of it

thanks again... for listening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June can't "do" anything that's slimy. Snails, worms, and so forth.

Nope, June's sticking with her little dog. He's soft. Cuddly. No slime.

--Besides, June's (very non-slimy) little dog loves June to pieces. But slime? No. Slime and June are NOT on good terms.

Yuck!

I'm battling the "evil snails" out of love for my beloved fish... Fact is...whenever I pick one...I get the yucky shivers...brrrrrr...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 PM

823 posts, read 1,120,760 times
Default I am Praying to be Strong

Okay so my 17 year old (soon to be 18) baby boy who just graduated from high school in June is leaving on a jet plane for Toronto tomorrow a.m. God has answered his prayers and him and his band will be singing at different high schools across Eatern Canada and the US reaching out to youth along with some motivational speakers.

He is happy but is having sad moments today as he has never been away from me for more than a week at Summer camp over the years. I try only to cry when he cannot see me.

A neighbour came by and donated $200 to his band and I almost lost it at the door in front of him

I pray that I will be strong at the airport tomorrow and keep the tears at bay. I am, in my heart, extremely proud and happy for this opportunity he has.

If you believe in Prayer....pray for me to be strong for him

For any Parents that have been through this type of separation..words of wisdown are most welcome.

Many thanks, Sisterkat

Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,847,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Hiya Velcroqueen,

I have a question. Which day is your sabbath? Saturday or Sunday?

Jazzy
Saturday. I would never go shopping, eat out, spend money, do the normal weekday's work, etc. on Sabbath -- Saturday. Rather, I go to public services, study there with the others (most Sabbaths), set aside time for personal study at home, get a nap or two, eat whatever is around the house (which I enjoy!), and enjoy the thought of avoiding working! My husband and I often use that day to consider Scripture together as well, sometimes debating (which we both love!).

Sunday is just a weekend day. Sunday is my "get all the rest of the stuff done," except that I do reserve time to study on that day as well. My husband goes to his services, and I take full advantage of the "alone time." I was single for some years before we married, and this "alone time" became necessary. He knows and is very understanding about it. Then he takes me out to eat.

My husband has no qualms about working, spending, etc. on Sunday, because he knows that Sabbath is on Saturday.

[hr]

Yom Kippur is coming up, of course, and this year, it is on a weekly Sabbath. How does your community handle holy days that are on Sabbaths, especially when they are fasts?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I have one of this familial relationships too.... I wish I could close the gap. Here I preach of Love and loving one another but I just have trouble with this one particular family member....I know what it is though and down deep I have some issues from the past. I keep praying to God for me to just let go and let love and my biggest prayer is that I do so before one of us parts this Earth.

Thanks for your post.....it is a reminder for me. God Bless!
hey, thanks for sharing yours as well..
I will keep you in my prayers.
We can help each other show love to our sisters.

God bless

Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,799 times
Quote:
Okay so my 17 year old (soon to be 18) baby boy who just graduated from high school in June is leaving on a jet plane for Toronto tomorrow a.m. God has answered his prayers and him and his band will be singing at different high schools across Eatern Canada and the US reaching out to youth along with some motivational speakers.

He is happy but is having sad moments today as he has never been away from me for more than a week at Summer camp over the years. I try only to cry when he cannot see me.

A neighbour came by and donated $200 to his band and I almost lost it at the door in front of him

I pray that I will be strong at the airport tomorrow and keep the tears at bay. I am, in my heart, extremely proud and happy for this opportunity he has.

For any Parents that have been through this type of separation..words of wisdown are most welcome.

Many thanks, Sisterkat
All parents have this kind of dread being separated from their children...even for just one night away...we need to let them fly and use their wings trusting that they'll be okay...

My prayers for his safety and for your peace of mind (from the core)...ans

Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,847,942 times
It is hard to let them go. Very hard.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:20 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,700,409 times
Quote:

Ah, dear Kat!

June (being the little heathen that she is) doesn't exactly "pray" (for reasons all to obvious) however, she can tell you that if she did, that she might be praying something contrary to what you are asking: To not break down and cry at the airport when you bid your son goodbye. Call June crazy, but she doesn't see your crying in front of your son as a 'bad' thing...They are tears of pride, of happiness for him, and for a bit of loss that your own self is feeling....

Long ago, June wrote something that has to do with teenage children growing up and moving away; be it to college, or just moving away from us in terms of their newly found independence. If you'd like, June could send it to you...(But only if you want. June: Ever humble.)

So June's "atheist prayer" for you is that you let those tears of pride for your son, and the pain of separation, flow. -Just a bit. Because there is something precious about a mother's authentic emotion as regards her child, and that is never a bad thing! In the meantime:

Take gentle maternal care, my dear!

Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Many thanks, Sisterkat
my son is only 9 months so i have not yet done it but my time will come too
You and Your Family are in my prayers.

God BLess

Old 08-23-2010, 06:42 PM

823 posts, read 1,120,760 times
Thank you everyone it means so very much...... Sisterkat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or