U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 03:21 PM

79 posts, read 95,344 times

Advertisements

What Are the Risks of Marijuana Smoke, Compared to Tobacco? | Alternet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 09:49 PM

20,430 posts, read 9,845,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Long term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer:

"Cannabis smoking may have a greater potential than tobacco smoking to cause lung cancer. Cannabis smke is qualitatively similar to tobacco smoke, although it contains up to twice the concentration of the carcinogenic polyaromatic hydrocarbons. Cannabis is less densely packed than tobacco cigarettes, and tends to be smoked without filters to a smaller butt size, leading to higher concentrations of smoke inhaled.

"Furthermore, smokers of cannabis inhale more deeply and hold their breath for longer, facilitating the deposition of the carcinogenic products in the lower respiratory tract. These factors are likely to be responsible for the five-fold greater absorption of carbon monoxide from a cannabis joint, compared with a tobacco cigarette of similar size despite similar carbon monoxide concentrations in the smoke inhaled. Several studies have demonstrated pre-cancerous histological and molecular abnormalities in the respiratory tracts of cannabis smokers, and the carcinogenic effects of cannabis smoke have been demonstrated in vitro."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. Which include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM

25,872 posts, read 13,445,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Long term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer

"Cannabis smoking may have a greater potential than tobacco smoking to cause lung cancer. Cannabis smke is qualitatively similar to tobacco smoke, although it contains up to twice the concentration of the carcinogenic polyaromatic hydrocarbons. Cannabis is less densely packed than tobacco cigarettes, and tends to be smoked without filters to a smaller butt size, leading to higher concentrations of smoke inhaled.

"Furthermore, smokers of cannabis inhale more deeply and hold their breath for longer, facilitating the deposition of the carcinogenic products in the lower respiratory tract. These factors are likely to be responsible for the five-fold greater absorption of carbon monoxide from a cannabis joint, compared with a tobacco cigarette of similar size despite similar carbon monoxide concentrations in the smoke inhaled. Several studies have demonstrated pre-cancerous histological and molecular abnormalities in the respiratory tracts of cannabis smokers, and the carcinogenic effects of cannabis smoke have been demonstrated in vitro."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
Thanks. But I'll continue to smoke what your G-d created, rather than what man adulterated.

The bible has killed many, many millions more people than cannabis ever will.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:25 PM

20,430 posts, read 9,845,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks. But I'll continue to smoke what your G-d created, rather than what man adulterated.

The bible has killed many, many millions more people than cannabis ever will.
100% organic is always better than chemically or emotionally induced compounds.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 PM

14,878 posts, read 4,988,210 times
Wonder what it means when it says you have been read 3 million times?

What is it, like 60 people MIGHT have read what you wrote?

Probably not even that.

I remember some guy kept bragging that he was right because he thought 1 million people were reading every post of his lol.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 AM

16,293 posts, read 7,669,209 times
Well, it IS interesting. Apparently our inanities here get shared at least, however much difference that might make. I calculated an average per post and it really is impressive.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:27 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,111,043 times
Prayers for the victims of the mass murderer.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Who would have ever thought I would raise a child and that child goes to Korea the day he gets out of high school and never wants to come back, I raised a Korean.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:34 AM

25,872 posts, read 13,445,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Who would have ever thought I would raise a child and that child goes to Korea the day he gets out of high school and never wants to come back, I raised a Korean.
To echo my Dad's favourite philosophical musing: Ya' never know.

Besides Hanni, he's still a kid. Plenty of time to change his mind and life path a few times.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
To echo my Dad's favourite philosophical musing: Ya' never know.

Besides Hanni, he's still a kid. Plenty of time to change his mind and life path a few times.
He is an extremely strange child, he is just like me, and my oldest son is just like my Dad. He is a brilliant very intelligent person, he is just really strange like a savant or something, and I am real proud of him but He never wants to leave Korea, he thinks it's his home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or