U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-28-2019, 12:37 AM
 
51 posts, read 6,694 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Hi,

I am quite new to this forum, having just joined more than a week ago. I was an altar boy since I was a toddler, I then joined the boys' choir until puberty, after which I joined the senior choir for boys who have recovered their voices. My dad's job involves a great deal of travelling and my mum and I go along with him. I've lived in many countries and I love travelling. My greatest love is reading, followed by playing the clarinet. I love listening to music too. I love the music of many composers but the one I like best currently is Crusell. My parents love to go to the opera but except for very few of them which I like, most of them are pretty boring to me.

Last year, I went to America for the first time. My parents took me to Orlando and we stayed in Disney World for two weeks. Of all the many countries I have been to and lived in I must say Orlando tops it all. But my dad didn't like it. After a day there, he was bored to death. Most of the time, he would rather stay in the hotel while my mum and I went on about a million rides. Disney World is huge. If you are only familiar with Paris Disney which most people are, you really don't know what Disney World is like. It's about a hundred times the size of Paris Disney and has a billion things more. But Paris Disney is unique in that it's the only Disney property that has roller-coasters that go upside down. All the rides in Disney World don't do that but they are a lot better and far far more innovative. I've not been to other parts of America except Miami but that's only the airport. I should cover the rest of America one day.

Cheerio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2019, 03:05 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,257 posts, read 7,646,560 times
Reputation: 1718
Good to have you here, Tithonus. Yes, as with France there is a lot to experience in this very diverse country. I've only seen a small part of it and I've been here 75+ years (aside from a couple of years stationed in Berlin).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,341 posts, read 1,354,812 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The trait I think I admire most in a person is courage.

You are Courageous, my friend, and I am proud to know you.

I'm proud to know you too, and thank you MQ <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,166,085 times
Reputation: 2103
Welcome Tithon. Iíve enjoyed your posts. Iíve only been to Disney Land in California which, as I understand it, is nothing near the size of Disney World in Florida. Iím probably much older than you, but definitely much less well traveled. It will be great to hear your perspective on things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 10:22 AM
 
51 posts, read 6,694 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Good to have you here, Tithonus. Yes, as with France there is a lot to experience in this very diverse country. I've only seen a small part of it and I've been here 75+ years (aside from a couple of years stationed in Berlin).
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

I guess the US is too big to cover more than a small part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 10:28 AM
 
51 posts, read 6,694 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Welcome Tithon. Iíve enjoyed your posts. Iíve only been to Disney Land in California which, as I understand it, is nothing near the size of Disney World in Florida. Iím probably much older than you, but definitely much less well traveled. It will be great to hear your perspective on things.
Hi Pleroo,

Thanks! I've actually been to California but I don't remember a thing because I was too young then. My aunt lives in San Francisco and my parents took me there when I was very young.

But you're just guessing that you might be older and less travelled. My travels are mainly because of my dad's work and there are many many many places I haven't been to.

Cheerio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,166,085 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by tithon View Post
Hi Pleroo,

Thanks! I've actually been to California but I don't remember a thing because I was too young then. My aunt lives in San Francisco and my parents took me there when I was very young.

But you're just guessing that you might be older and less travelled. My travels are mainly because of my dad's work and there are many many many places I haven't been to.

Cheerio!
I was in San Fran just once for a few days with a friend of mine. I loved it there! (I was relatively young and it might have just been the adventure of traveling so far away sans parents that gave the city such romantic appeal for me. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,257 posts, read 7,646,560 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I was in San Fran just once for a few days with a friend of mine. I loved it there! (I was relatively young and it might have just been the adventure of traveling so far away sans parents that gave the city such romantic appeal for me. )
Naw, it's a totally kewl town from the Haight to the Tendrloin, Chinatown to Nob Hill, Gate to Candlestick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,783 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by tithon View Post
Hi,

I am quite new to this forum, having just joined more than a week ago. I was an altar boy since I was a toddler, I then joined the boys' choir until puberty, after which I joined the senior choir for boys who have recovered their voices. My dad's job involves a great deal of travelling and my mum and I go along with him. I've lived in many countries and I love travelling. My greatest love is reading, followed by playing the clarinet. I love listening to music too. I love the music of many composers but the one I like best currently is Crusell. My parents love to go to the opera but except for very few of them which I like, most of them are pretty boring to me.

Last year, I went to America for the first time. My parents took me to Orlando and we stayed in Disney World for two weeks. Of all the many countries I have been to and lived in I must say Orlando tops it all. But my dad didn't like it. After a day there, he was bored to death. Most of the time, he would rather stay in the hotel while my mum and I went on about a million rides. Disney World is huge. If you are only familiar with Paris Disney which most people are, you really don't know what Disney World is like. It's about a hundred times the size of Paris Disney and has a billion things more. But Paris Disney is unique in that it's the only Disney property that has roller-coasters that go upside down. All the rides in Disney World don't do that but they are a lot better and far far more innovative. I've not been to other parts of America except Miami but that's only the airport. I should cover the rest of America one day.

Cheerio!
Welcome to the forum, 6 flags over Texas has always been better than Disneyworld, most people never even heard of Astroworld, but it was the best back in the day. Houston's Astroworld. We would go on Friday and not leave till Sunday, they closed the park at Midnight with fireworks every night, but we never left the park, we hid and napped where we couldn't be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 05:04 PM
 
20,352 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Reputation: 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by tithon View Post
Hi,

I am quite new to this forum, having just joined more than a week ago. I was an altar boy since I was a toddler, I then joined the boys' choir until puberty, after which I joined the senior choir for boys who have recovered their voices. My dad's job involves a great deal of traveling and my mum and I go along with him. I've lived in many countries and I love traveling. My greatest love is reading, followed by playing the clarinet. I love listening to music too. I love the music of many composers but the one I like best currently is Crusell. My parents love to go to the opera but except for very few of them which I like, most of them are pretty boring to me.

Last year, I went to America for the first time. My parents took me to Orlando and we stayed in Disney World for two weeks. Of all the many countries I have been to and lived in I must say Orlando tops it all. But my dad didn't like it. After a day there, he was bored to death. Most of the time, he would rather stay in the hotel while my mum and I went on about a million rides. Disney World is huge. If you are only familiar with Paris Disney which most people are, you really don't know what Disney World is like. It's about a hundred times the size of Paris Disney and has a billion things more. But Paris Disney is unique in that it's the only Disney property that has roller-coasters that go upside down. All the rides in Disney World don't do that but they are a lot better and far far more innovative. I've not been to other parts of America except Miami but that's only the airport. I should cover the rest of America one day.

Cheerio!
I have traveled quite a bit in the military and as a civilian to various parts of this planet. Some places were more enjoyable than others, but I always seem to come back home. Bernhard Henrik Crusell was a great Swedish-Finnish clarinetist and composer, so I can see why you currently enjoy playing the clarinet. One of my daughters also plays. Personally, I enjoy that of playing a twelve-string acoustic guitar.

Presently, I live in the mountains near the Grand Canyon in Northern Arizona, if I am not here, then I will be in Kauai, Hawaii. I prefer scuba-diving over that of amusement parks. Nature has a way of eliminating the noise and commotion of the world, giving you peace of mind and a time to reflect.

I have enjoyed reading from your perspective and hope you continue to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top