U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 11:15 PM

14,794 posts, read 4,963,523 times

Advertisements

Hoping y'all get some good cholcolate, and golden eggs lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 11:32 PM

I would have been hiding Easter eggs this year, but My daughter took the kids to Lousiana for a boil.

Lousiana is our cousins, and if ya''ll aint got no crazy Louisiana cousins, well, I just feel sorry for yas.

Some people actually live their whole lives and never once have a crawfish Easter, really.

Imagine that.

They don't hunt ducks or nothin, they just go on their everyday lives knowing nothing of Texas and Lousiana cousins and the 12 Holy crawfish, and 153 fish

It is really a big thing, we dig a pit after the family catches all the fish and crawfish, but we buy crawfish also.

We dig a big hole in the clay in order to slow smoke the 153 fish, and while they are smoking, we tell the story of Alligator man in Lousiana, and cat woman of Texas and how the two were married making cousins out of the people of Texas and Louisiana, really.

Our cousins come down in loads, and they all come to party and to hunt for catwoman where we go out in the boonies and tell stories on bridges.

These stories are told over bridges that we dumped carcusess into, because when we have a family gathering, everyone is killing does and the whole family pitches in to clean them at these parties. We take the carcusess to big creeks we fish out of, and all the kids are loaded up hearing the old legends above the bridge.

Everybody loves Catwoman, we could literally start a business hunting for catwoman because it is just so much fun, people really do drives hours and hours to join us in the search.

Catwoman is a bigger business than Easter in our family, and it is on Easter and holidays that we get together to do it.

The 12 holy crawfish have spoken, behold how they dance above the 153.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:53 AM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Is it alright if I go with Lobster tail?

Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 AM

16,258 posts, read 7,648,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is it alright if I go with Lobster tail?
Just bigger crawdads, right?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:07 AM

25,791 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Do you think the very first person to try eating a lobster was brave, or crazed with hunger? Or both?

Either way, bless him/her.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:58 PM

56,026 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Do you think the very first person to try eating a lobster was brave, or crazed with hunger? Or both?

Either way, bless him/her.
That's what I also think about the first person who picked up a snail and said "Let's put some butter and garlic on this baby and see how it tastes."

Lobsters were first considered food that only poor people would eat. They were fed to prisoners in Maine, and some cried out against it for being inhumane.

I am a wealth of worthless information.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:56 PM

I understand how somebody picked grain and left for some reason and it had rained in the vessel of grain and fermented, and that is what they found when they returned, and so people started plowing fields of grain to make spirits, that is an easy find.

The thing that gets me as that anti pregnancy pills were derived from an ancient recipie where the main ingedient is allagator dung, and they used alligator dung not to get pregnant and somewhere along the way, somebody had to try this enough to know that it worked.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Default Feeling Grateful

Out on the Patio(with our coats on, it is New England ) having just enjoyed a wonderful rib steak joint, with veg and this beautiful gravy(Peppercorn with Cognac) my wife said we had at an Agentinian restuarant the last time we were in Spain. Dishes are done, she's readying herself for work tomorrow, i'm still out here in the awe of the presence of God in as far as my eye can see, listening to wonderful music, with a nice glass of red wine.

Happy Easter

Old 04-21-2019, 07:06 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Just had elderly British neighbors move in next door but one, i met briefly a couple of weeks ago, not seen them there since. They've just moved up from Florida to be closer to their son and his family. Anyway, its gone dark, we are watching beach front property's on the tv when there's a knock at the door, it's our new neighbors theyv'e locked themselves out. They ask if i have a ladder at hand, i tell them they are on job sites and at my shop, i have had a few glasses of red wine and a beer so i can't drive to either, but i will come and see what i can do, i then remembered my wife's little step ladder she uses for the kitchen cabinets. Thankfully they gave me enough height to give me some height, there kitchen window was unlocked i was able to push the screen up and get in without breaking my neck,so although i was under the influence it all went smoothly. So all is good, I'm their knight in shining armor, my wife got to meet them for the first time.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Out on the Patio(with our coats on, it is New England ) having just enjoyed a wonderful rib steak joint, with veg and this beautiful gravy(Peppercorn with Cognac) my wife said we had at an Agentinian restuarant the last time we were in Spain. Dishes are done, she's readying herself for work tomorrow, i'm still out here in the awe of the presence of God in as far as my eye can see, listening to wonderful music, with a nice glass of red wine.

Happy Easter
Good Stuff, Happy Easter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or