U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,850,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Good for you....I am working like crazy here trying to get all of my paperwork done so that I can sneak off to the Lake tomorrow afternoon for 4 days.... going to go for a hike with my Golden Retriever, go fishing with my hubby, sit on the dock with a glass of chardonnay and watch the sun go down and then sit and gaze at the stars....ahhhh working like heck here so I can make it happen
Yeah. I went in to the office for just under 2 hours then came home. Told the boss I was taking a "personal care" day. I'll take a nap soon -- probably after I do a little more painting. Husband's out camping, so it's a perfect time for both a nap and painting in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 03:38 PM

823 posts, read 1,122,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Yeah. I went in to the office for just under 2 hours then came home. Told the boss I was taking a "personal care" day. I'll take a nap soon -- probably after I do a little more painting. Husband's out camping, so it's a perfect time for both a nap and painting in the house.
Sounds great....your boss sounds like a very flexible person which is nice to have.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,710,873 times
Quote:
Good for you....I am working like crazy here trying to get all of my paperwork done so that I can sneak off to the Lake tomorrow afternoon for 4 days.... going to go for a hike with my Golden Retriever, go fishing with my hubby, sit on the dock with a glass of chardonnay and watch the sun go down and then sit and gaze at the stars....ahhhh working like heck here so I can make it happen
Something tells June that (even for an atheist) you did a splendid job of describing what "heaven" would be....hike with dog, fishing, sitting on the dock, and chardonnay as the sun goes down!

June thinks you're onto something, SisterKat!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:14 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
Well I took my middle son to his open house at the middle school he will go to for the first time. It doesn't get easier to send your kids off to the unknown.....

Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Something tells June that (even for an atheist) you did a splendid job of describing what "heaven" would be....hike with dog, fishing, sitting on the dock, and chardonnay as the sun goes down!

June thinks you're onto something, SisterKat!!!
Oh, no, no, no, June! No chardonay in heaven. No wine of any kind. No dancing. No having fun. No smiling. Just lying about on your personal cloud, playing your harp and a thousand years of harp lessons from a skinny, elderly angel who pops your knuckles with a ruler every time you hit a wrong string!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
Oh, no, no, no, June! No chardonay in heaven. No wine of any kind. No dancing. No having fun. No smiling. Just lying about on your personal cloud, playing your harp and a thousand years of harp lessons from a skinny, elderly angel who pops your knuckles with a ruler every time you hit a wrong string!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Well Velcro...I'll never make it there then since I indulge myself in wine and 2 1800 Tequila shots...) once in a while...

Will I be left behind...???

Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
Quote:

That sounds soooooo wonderful!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 PM

823 posts, read 1,122,429 times
Quote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
LOL VelcroQueen that is too funny....Hmmmm I forgot about dancing....maybe if I have a few Chardonnay I might just start dancing on the dock too

My neighbours on the right will think I have lost it.... speaking of our neighbours..... neighbours to the left were partying on the dock one night, drinking and all, the guys started to have diving contests off the dock and one of them hurt his neck (he said it was broken and he wore a neck brace for the rest of the Summer) and he was lucky that it wasn't that serious.

Geez is Heaven that boring - no wonder June is an atheist. Now that has me thinking (just kidding)

Old 09-01-2010, 07:33 PM

. . . and no laughter!

Hee-hee-hee!

Actually, I hate any kind of liquor, except when cooking, so i have already sent my order ahead:

Dear Messiah,

I don't like wine. Please, in the world to come, may I
have Kadem Sparkling Grape Juice instead? I like it
really, really cold.

Thank you for considering this request.

Love,
Velcro

__________________________________________________ _____________

Sister Kat! I hope your neighbor is all right! Is he young? My husband's back was broken, and now that he's older, he suffers. We did find out, however, that our old electric heat was making him worse. We put in gas heat, and his pain diminished greatly, and so did mine. I hardly ever see a chiropractor now. I used to spend mega bucks on the chiropractor, and now, I average one visit per year. I should go more often, just to keep myself in adjustment, but I'm lazy. It's a long drive, taking much of my morning.

Ans57 --
Quote:
Will I be left behind...???
Don't tell me you saw the movie!! I did! The church I used to be in was really into that kind of stuff. I heard one of the songs from it about three years ago, and the music was really scary! Waaa-WOOOOOOO- waaa-wwwooooowaaaaa-waaaaaaa!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
. . . and no laughter!

Hee-hee-hee!

Actually, I hate any kind of liquor, except when cooking, so i have already sent my order ahead:

Dear Messiah,

I don't like wine. Please, in the world to come, may I
have Kadem Sparkling Grape Juice instead? I like it
really, really cold.

Thank you for considering this request.

Love,
Velcro

Sister Kat! I hope your neighbor is all right! Is he young? My husband's back was broken, and now that he's older, he suffers. We did find out, however, that our old electric heat was making him worse. We put in gas heat, and his pain diminished greatly, and so did mine. I hardly ever see a chiropractor now. I used to spend mega bucks on the chiropractor, and now, I average one visit per year. I should go more often, just to keep myself in adjustment, but I'm lazy. It's a long drive, taking much of my morning.

Ans57 --

Don't tell me you saw the movie!! I did! The church I used to be in was really into that kind of stuff. I heard one of the songs from it about three years ago, and the music was really scary! Waaa-WOOOOOOO- waaa-wwwooooowaaaaa-waaaaaaa!
Huh? No I didn't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or